Profile for Kaan Sensoy > Reviews

Content by Kaan Sensoy

Kaan Sensoy "Mr. XX" (Istanbul, Turkey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Arrested Development - Season 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comedy series ever written, but don't buy season 4, it's dreadful., 14 Feb. 2015
Best comedy series ever written. And I've watched Friends, Will & Grace, Frasier, The Office and Seinfeld. None of them could top the three little seasons of this brilliant show. The first of absurd comedies and simply the best. Every minute I was shocked how brilliant, hysteric and chaotic everything was flowing. I found myself throwing manic laughs. 10 10 10 10 10 10/10. Brilliance, utter brilliance!
But... the reunion (althought they're all hardly in the same episode) season 4 is utter crap, so I suggest you buy this very necessary box other than that forced season. I hope if they make a season 5, the whole family will be together.

I Never Learn
I Never Learn

5.0 out of 5 stars There's really no rest for the wicked., 7 May 2014
This review is from: I Never Learn (Audio CD)
Lykke Li has become the desperate yet hopeful female singer-songwriter over the years. Taking the crown from her masters such as Kate Bush and Tori Amos, she released her most stripped back and mournful record yet. I've been an admirer of her cold but loud musical atmosphere for quiet some time which is partly provided by her mentor Björn Yttling since her 2008 debut. But unlike those albums this album lacks the young hearted pop songs like Little Bit or Get Some and we're left with a 28 year old women who's mourning after "her worst break up". But luckily Li is such an artist she doesn't bore as with tearjerker ballads instead they're so powerful that you wanna sing them out loud along with her. Most of the record misses her signature drums and the album contains her simplist lyrics yet mainly because of its depressed atmosphere. Once again wrapped in darkness galore (this time more) Lykke Li achieves to make the final part of her trilogy a very enjoyable, beautiful and at times saddening listening. My favorites from the album are: I Never Learn (phenomenal, epic album opener), No Rest for the Wicked, Gunshot (amazing!). My point is 8.7/10.

Clouds
Clouds

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, emotional, brilliant!, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Clouds (Audio CD)
Joni Mitchell. It's amazing what this women can do with two or three acoustic guitars. The songs on this probably perfect album are written from the heart, are deep stories and are about relationship conflicts, trust, mistrust and love. They, together create a fantastic sophomore record from one of the last centuries most brilliant song-writers. So, I come back to my first sentence. Joni Mitchell. A master a major influence on today's brilliant female artists. Just listen cos' I'm mostly speechless. Favorite tracks: Tin Man (Oh God, there are no words for unique is this one), Roses Blue, The Gallery and of course the classic Both Sides, Now. My rate is 9.6/10.

Let England Shake
Let England Shake

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer brilliance, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Let England Shake (Audio CD)
As one of the best albums ever made, Let England Shake is one great and perfect example of what a concept album should be like. Working on it for 2,5 years Harvey released a timeless classic, one of the music's most daring, experimental and original records ever. No doubt she was a brilliant artist and she's my all-time favorite musician but Let England Shake took her craft in songwriting to a new higher maybe the highest level.

While still Is This Desire? is my favorite record of her, Let England Shake comes as a close second. This is an album every individual should experience whether you like her or not. And if you get hung up on the politics (which she doesn't use any protest remarks) or England's history, well it's a shame, I'll feel sad for you. You're just gonna be awe and thinking "how much more brilliant can this woman get?!" Don't miss out this masterpiece that made this woman won the Mercury Prize for the second time. And it shows how it's not about gender, it's about brilliance (I hate it when they use the term "the first woman to win...".

Let England Shake is a poetic, epic and an earthly work of art and I've been listening to it for two years. Favorite tracks? Tons! All and Everyone, On Battleship Hill, The Glorious Land, England, The Words That Maketh Murder and Hanging in the Wire. 11/10. (Hate to do that but yeah!)

Daybreaker
Daybreaker
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this album exceptionally underrated? This one is a rival to Central Reservations for me!, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Daybreaker (Audio CD)
This is an absolutely gorgeous and beautiful Beth Orton album for me. People are talking bout it's being very downtempo. Well, after a few listens you have to give credit those downbeat songs, because they are beautifully written as always by Orton. I see it as another career highlight for her.

A lot of songs deal with break-up and the music takes it tune based on that, I guess. But the mixture of electronica and folk is exceptionally perfect like her earlier stuff. My favorite tracks are Paris Train, Anywhere, God's Song (very best for me), Ted's Waltz. 9.7/10. Amazing!!!

ER: Complete Seasons 1-15 [DVD] [2009]
ER: Complete Seasons 1-15 [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ George Clooney

5.0 out of 5 stars It's undescrible., 18 April 2013
After watching all 15 seasons with taking a break between every 5 seasons, I can say without hesistance that ER is one of my favorite TV shows. I mean, in these 15 seasons it has everything that you could possibly ask from a TV show. Every emotion, every situation, every reality is in this show. It was such a long, wild and amazing ride with these doctors. Wow! I mean, we've been through a lot. How many stories were told in this show is out of my imagination. I felt like a part of the show, got attached with the characters, loved them, hated them, cried A LOT because of them. One of the biggest milestones of TV history and a show that I can now honestly say Grey's Anatomy (another one of my favorites) owed a lot, too much to. Sadly, today everyone is watching what's popular, cos' what you see in them was probably started by ER. If you want to see anything in a series, just start watching ER, you eventually will find it.

Boys For Pele
Boys For Pele

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Tori album; a black magic, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Boys For Pele (Audio CD)
I call this album a black magic, it's a 18 song long trip to a dark castle that is full with unfortunate relationships, vulnerable girls, regret, loss and still can't understanding what are you here for. The first time around I didn't understand what she was talking about since these must be her most ultra-personal lyrics but you get in to the stories and they are so mystical. There are still songs that feels like the previous albums but this one experiments a lot of instruments as it's her "harpsichord album". I so far listened to her first four albums and maybe Little Earthquakes will stay as her best Boys for Pele stands as my favorite and I think it's her most creative on so far and as tracks my favorites are so much: Blood Roses, Caught a Lite Sneeze, Muhammad My Friend, Hey Jupiter (indescribable!!!), Doughnut Song, Putting the Damage On. 10/10. Perfectly selected and sorted collection of songs.

MDNA
MDNA
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: MDNA (Audio CD)
Okay we get it Madonna wants to do dance music ever since 2005's Confessions on a Dance Floor but this album unlike the that dark and haunting one is one example of hit and miss. While album has very original and good songs like "Gang Bang" and "Falling Free" it had some really mediocre and bad ones like "Superstar" and "B-Day Song". Madonna should stop trying to be hit-maker singer and deliver another masterpiece like "Ray of Light". This is not a good comeback after four years in my opinion. Favorite tracks: Gang Bang, I Don't Give A, Love Spent and Masterpiece. 7/10.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2014 1:24 AM BST

Tidal
Tidal
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Best debut album ever!, 20 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Tidal (Audio CD)
At age 18 Fiona Apple sent her demo CD to Sony producers, she was immediately signed and then Tidal was born. This is an album that deals with suffering, being misunderstood, hate, desire in very different measures and dimensions. I couldn't believe a 18 years old girl would write such emotional lyrics especially if we compare it to today's young musicians. Fiona Apple was born a true artist and this album is the evidence. I can't describe her fully because she is someone you have to know, discover and get her lyrics and art. My favorites chronologically are Sullen Girl (which tells the trauma caused by her rape at age 12), , Criminal (her best known song which a vicious song about confession of a infidelity)annd Slow Like Honey (erotic lyrics which is supported by erotic piano tunes, I couldn't believe a teenager made this song) and Never is a Promise (brilliant, heart breaking and best song of the album IMO, about a faulty relationship). 9.5/10. Brilliant, just brilliant.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw...
The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw...
Offered by SEDIVA UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant songwriter is back! With a very personal work in my heart., 7 July 2012
I only started to listen Fiona Apple in March. So I was lucky and didn't wait for albums for years. I listened to them chronologically. The Idler Wheel... was the hardest to adjust, at first I was like:"Okay, am I liking this or gonna hate it?" but then listening to it few times, I started to see this album as family, actually it's her best album after When The Pawn... in my opinion. All the lyrics are brilliant as always. Fiona Apple is a really good observer of romantic relationships, she gets into the depths of them. I always thought we're the same person with Fiona. The passivity she feels with someone else I can always relate to %100, I am always "that person" with every one of her songs but it became a certain point when I listened to Left Alone which is basically the story of me about love affairs. Anyway, I don't wanna get boring I was just so surpised by the lyrics that it was scary. Favorite tracks: "Jonathan", "Left Alone" and "Werewolf" and they follow each other so that's great. 9.6/10. Brilliant once again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2012 10:38 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4