Profile for MyLittleToni > Reviews

Content by MyLittleToni

MyLittleToni (U.K.)

First Spanish Reader (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
First Spanish Reader (Dover Dual Language Spanish)
by Flores
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners!, 13 Mar 2014
I would say that this is at least intermediate or pre-intermediate level.

The stories are funny and entertaining, however the language is very old fashioned and not always words that you would hear in every day conversation.

My Spanish friend has told me that some words are no longer used and I would also say the same for the English (American) words.

There are also some mis-spellings in places. For now, we are just using the book to practice pronounication.

Judith Wills' 100 Favourite Slim and Healthy Recipes
Judith Wills' 100 Favourite Slim and Healthy Recipes
by Judith Wills

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favourite recipe book, 22 Sep 2010
I've had this book for years and made many recipes from it. I couldn't say that they are particularly low fat but they taste great and do substitute the high fat recipes, with what I would could consider more tasty and healthier options.

I would recommend this book to everyone.

Tropico 3 (Xbox 360)
Tropico 3 (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull as dish water, 22 Sep 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tropico 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Foolishly I thought this game would have improved when being written to go onto the XBox platform but sadly it's just as bad as the PC version.

It starts okay and then seems to grind to a halt, with no real objective, goals, missions or anything in particular to do. Maybe I'm missing something here.

It's extremely slow going and doesn't really seem to have much purpose. Cannot recommend it to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2011 9:13 PM BST

Beginning SharePoint 2010 Administration: Windows SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (Wrox Beginning Guides)
by Göran Husman
Price: 22.70

5.0 out of 5 stars How to eat an Elephant..., 27 July 2010
"How to eat an Elephant" is an analogy from the book. It's a description of how to implement SharePoint 2010 which is the same as how you would eat an Elephant. Slice by slice.

This book also nicely splits out Foundation from SharePoint 2010 which really helps when you are trying to learn both or either. It's easy to read and speaks in plain English unlike some of the Microsoft Press books I have seen in the past. It contains plenty of exercises to try out and is generally is a good all rounder.

Besides technical, it also gets the concept of how you should implement SharePoint 2010 in phases, which goes hand in hand of how you would also sell it into a business.

I'm still in the first chapter although I've dived around a bit and so far I am very pleased that I bought this. I look forward to picking it up knowing that it won't be preceded with a huge sigh.

The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
Offered by AllGoodDealz
Price: 17.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Jun 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) (CD-ROM)
I was really interested to see what other people said about this game as I thought it was just me... Sims 3 appears to be a downgrade instead of an upgrade. Graphics are poor, the game constantly crashes if not save every few minutes. It's soul-less and boring. The clock has no true high-speed and you have to sit and twiddle your thumbs for several minutes whilst the Sims 'sleep'. After many years of devoted fun with the Sims I think this has hit the end of line as EA has become far too focused on profit and lost it's sense of fun. I personally will be ditching my copy of Sims3 and reverting back to Sims2 or looking for something totally new. EA stop grabbing the cash and start making decent games again! Liked other people's more technically explicit reviews, totally agree!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2011 4:42 PM BST

Philips HP6328/03 Soft Select Rechargeable Wet and Dry  Ladyshave - Blue
Philips HP6328/03 Soft Select Rechargeable Wet and Dry Ladyshave - Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Designer stubble's not for women, 29 Mar 2009
Although this shaver has 3 settings none of them give a decent shave. No matter which setting I have tried this will only trim short without giving a clean shave. Don't waste your money.

Stereo Earphones (White)
Stereo Earphones (White)
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous
Price: 1.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Very average, 13 July 2007
These earphones are quite uncomfortable. The round/circular shape of them is unnatural to the shape of the ear and I personally found that they can be a little painful after a while. Also due to their shape they tend to come out very easily. Personally I have replaced mine and opted for something a little more ergonomic. Sounds quality is fine but nothing amazing.