Profile for Mr. P Angel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Do It Again
Do It Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Rokysopp and Robyn, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Do It Again (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of both Rokysopp but probably a bit more of Robyn and this CD is a marriage made in heaven. Great tracks and production value to give it an electro pop with lots of bass sound! If you like any of Robyns material you'll like this. Not as good however as her Bodytalk series but she is just a guest vocalist on what is Royksopps creation

The Fields
The Fields
by Kevin Thomas Maher

5.0 out of 5 stars Super duper, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Fields (Paperback)
Excellent book - really struck home with me as a 41 year old Irish emigrant, all of the references to Dublin in 1984 made me smile and laugh out loud even though some of the content is a little harsh. Great book, well written....I'm recommending this to all my friends!

The Gathering
The Gathering
by Anne Enright

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Classic, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Gathering (Paperback)
I have to admit I was highly sceptical getting this book because of some of the negative reviews of it on here - but how wrong I was. An amazingly written novel which deals with the roller coaster emotions of one womans loss of her beloved brother. Tragic and realistic - the fantastic style of writing kept me glued to the end. Well done Anne Enright

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally over rated - I could PUT this down, 21 Aug 2012
I'm never one to give up on a book, but after around 100 pages I had to admit defeat and give up. Endless, boring unravelling of a story.....very slow moving. No depth to it, awful and terrible. Cannot give enough bad adjectives to describe this....dont waste your money, there are miles better books out there....

The Boxer
The Boxer
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 April 2012
This review is from: The Boxer (Audio CD)
Well produced album, all the songs are fantastic. This got the "Sunday Times" best CD of the week when it was released and its not hard to see why...why isnt this guy more popular??

MDNA
MDNA
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Madonna's back!, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: MDNA (Audio CD)
WOW! Madonna is back at last! She had taken a little holiday with Hard Candy - but thankfully she has come back with a vengenance with MDNA. Love it! The best songs for me are I F***ed Up (on the bonus disc) and Turn up the Radio - if the latter is not a huge hit I will eat my hat! Die hard Madonna fans will not be dissapointed with a return to the dancefloor with this CD....happy days!

Room
Room
by Emma Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt stop reading it, 24 Jan 2011
This review is from: Room (Paperback)
I've been reading a whole rake of books which I got for Christmas, and this happened to be one of them given to me by my sister. I couldnt put this book down - I had to find out what happened to the people in the book. I got totally caught up in their plight that at times I felt sick, exhausted and happy to be alive. There are bits done brilliantly in the book when Jacks naiviety grates on his mothers nerves and she gets cranky with him, similarily bits when the mother cannot get out of bed so little Jack has to fend for himself. Whereas the focus of the story is on Jack, you cannot help but feel the terror and resignation that his mother is going through too. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Why didn't this win the Booker prize? I ask ya!

Body Talk Pt. 2
Body Talk Pt. 2
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars She just gets better and better, 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: Body Talk Pt. 2 (Audio CD)
The opening track of this song has been played non stop on my ipod for the last week since I got this CD! Amazing cd - futuristic sounding electro pop! This is the bees knees...

Go
Go

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD of 2010?, 1 May 2010
This review is from: Go (Audio CD)
I only ever buy CDs when they have been given 5 stars in the Sunday Times - lo and behold the new Jonsi CD was given 5 stars upon its release, so I had to go out and buy it! What an amazing cd! I'm still listening to it, enjoying it hugely and everytime I listen to it, I get something new from it. This is defo in my list of best CD's of 2010 so far (along with Groove Armadas Black Light). If you are a fan of Sigur Ros, you will love this new cd! Not to be missed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2010 11:32 AM BST

Black Light
Black Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD of the year¬, 10 Mar 2010
This review is from: Black Light (Audio CD)
What is everyone giving out about? Ok, so Groove Armada have changed their musical direction - but isn't it an amazing musical direction? Every single track on this cd is amazing! Favourites are Paper Romance, Not Forgotten, and Shameless! I've been listening to this non stop since I got it...well done Mister Groove, Mister Armada...

Page: 1 | 2