Profile for Astronamy > Reviews

Content by Astronamy

Astronamy "Astronamy" (Mitcham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kick (The Jenkins Cycle Book 1)
Kick (The Jenkins Cycle Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Body hopping anti-hero Dan Jenkins, ridding the world of scum one body hop at a time., 19 Dec 2014
I first got this on my Nook as I liked the concept and once I started I was hooked after the first couple of pages and read the book in two sittings (sleep interrupted it otherwise it would of been one). I really enjoyed the style of writing from John L. Monk the story made me laugh as well as cringe and I liked the main character Dan Jenkins. Without giving too much away (eek! spoilers!) it's about a part time dead guy; Dan Jenkins. His soul can body hop for 3 weeks at a time, but not into a family man who loves his family dearly or a world famous rock star, instead he body hops into vile people, rapists, murderers, sociopaths, arsonists all with the exception of Nate who seems pretty normal and a priest who can see that Nate isn't really Nate at the moment and gets visions of all that Dan has done in other bodies. It would seem someone has changed the rules... Now I have it on my pc, phone and tab via the Kindle app and I cant wait to get started on book 2 Fool's Ride. Great stuff!

Black Elastic X 5M LENGTHS 19 MM ~ 3/4 Inch Wide
Black Elastic X 5M LENGTHS 19 MM ~ 3/4 Inch Wide
Offered by Belle's Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Garters :), 14 Aug 2014
There's not much I can really say about elastic but I'll try. Bought this from Athena Crafts on the Amazon Marketplace to make some sock garters for a Victorian cosplay costume I'm making. The elastic is good quality with only minor fraying when cut so not a problem, it has a decent stretch to it and feels comfortable when worn against bare skin. When I finished the first pair I thought to myself 'I'll make sock garters for my thigh high socks' and so now have two pairs one for knees and one for thigh and the thigh high ones I'm going to sew cute ribbon bows onto.

Haven't used it on much else but tempted to make a skater skirt and use elastic on the waistband. It'll be all used up in no time.

Murdered: Soul Suspect Limited Edition (PS3)
Murdered: Soul Suspect Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by pandagames

4.0 out of 5 stars Murdered: Soul Suspect - Enjoyable game, 14 Jun 2014
I just completed Murdered: Soul Suspect and it was good I enjoyed it, not a lot of action other then destroying demons, but helping other ghosts move on by finding why they died, the main quest as well as finding lots and lots of clues, possessing and influencing people. There are no level settings but I found it not too difficult and not too tricky destroying demons with the right combos.

Only bad points you can't save between levels you have to complete quests and get to the checkpoint where it saves automatically and I wish it was longer, I completed it in about 14 hours and I did many of the side quests as well as main one.

I'll definitely play it again though see if I can find all the side quests and have recommended it to a few of my mates who like this sort of game.

Seksy by Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Mother of Pearl Dial Analogue Display and Purple Leather Strap 4521.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Seksy Sparkly Watch from Sekonda, 16 Oct 2013
The watch arrived today and it was love at first sight. It is very comfortable to wear - I always wear watches with the dial on the inside of the wrist. The dial is a little heavy (well compared with my tiny old Sekonda watch which has rusted to death it is) and found it pressed onto my wrist bones when I tried it on the outside of the wrist but for me personally inside of the wrist is much better.

It's a pretty sparkly watch even the purple mother of pearl dial has it's own shimmer in the right light, the strap is a nice medium-dark purple and the Swarovski elements surrounding the dial look understated and it looks much more expensive then the £23 I paid for it.

I don't get some of the reviews saying the strap is too short unless their wrists are on the chunky side. The strap has 7 holes and the total circumference the straps themselves can take (without adding extra holes) is 15.5-16cm, the shortest is 12.5cm, my wrist circumference is 14.5cm and I have it on hole number 6 (taken as if 1 is the biggest and 7 is the smallest) and I can still get my finger between strap and wrist. It has 2 of those strap guards to stop it from flapping open one of those is adjustable.

I showed the watch to my friend and she loved it so much she's ordered her own. :)

In all a lovely watch, pretty to look at, comfortable to wear, has a elegant look to it and best of all... It tells me the time!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hot Shoe Cover Cap Bubble Spirit Level For Canon Nikon By Buyinconis
Hot Shoe Cover Cap Bubble Spirit Level For Canon Nikon By Buyinconis

3.0 out of 5 stars It fits... But...., 20 Sep 2013
This little cover fits well, found it a little fiddly but once in it was fine and the spirit level worked. It's a plastic rubbery cover so it is a little flexible around the edge where it slides on. However I can't use it as it stops the flash from opening on my Canon 600D. I think it would be a pain having to keep taking it on and off as like I mentioned before it is fiddly.

Shame really but might be useful to know for others with the 600D or if anyone else has the 600D and it works let me I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong.

Lloytron B7502BK Portable Wireless Door Chimes (Twin Pack)
Lloytron B7502BK Portable Wireless Door Chimes (Twin Pack)
Offered by Strictly Lamps

3.0 out of 5 stars Great!... When it works that is :/, 10 Sep 2013
This twin pack looks well made and doesn't feel like it could break easily but something is pretty wrong with it.

It's barely two months old and already the plug in chime no longer works no matter where it's plugged in, only worked when button on the plug in was pushed but not when the bell was, just the portable seems to be the working one so sending it all back for an exchange (in case it was faulty) and investing in a door knocker just in case the other goes wrong.

The tones that come with it are different for each and no matching ones which I found a little odd at first but not too much of a problem although some do sound a little tinny like standing in a metal bunker.

Will keep fingers crossed and hope this was just a glitch...

15.6 inch 15 inch Compact Neoprene Laptop Sleeve and Vinyl Skin Bundle Case with Double Zipper Double Side Pocket Water Resistant Colourful Patterns for Samsung/Acer/ASUS/Toshiba/SONY

5.0 out of 5 stars Starry sleeve and skin make my notebook look pretty!, 10 Sep 2013
The sleeve is a perfect fit for a 15.6" notebook and has pouches either side which hold the power cable with no problems, I did find fitting the skin pretty fiddly though especially with the rounded corners that my HP G6 has but got there in the end and is sticking well (one corner keeps coming up but I put up with that).

The colour is vibrant on both and the stars look lovely, the feel of the skin is a smooth feeling one and has a slight crackled leather look that I think is fab.

Thinking of getting this skin for my S3 now :)

Dr Martens Strong Red & Black 210cm Shoe Laces
Dr Martens Strong Red & Black 210cm Shoe Laces

5.0 out of 5 stars Super DM laces, 10 Sep 2013
I purchased these long red and black Dr Martens laces to go into my 14 hole DM Vonda boots (the calf height ones with the roses embroidered down the sides) and they do the job brilliantly. The red goes well with the red roses and the add a funkiness to the boots that the plain black laces that come with them doesn't.

The length is just right and if you got skinny legs like me you'll have a bit extra at the ends so I just do a pretty bow. They're pretty tough and have put up with a fair bit of tugging and pulling - I wear the boots almost every day and have done for a month now and they still seem as good as new.

Not much else I can say about laces but super glad I got them.

Pink Glitz 60 Party Candle
Pink Glitz 60 Party Candle
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars 60 Candle does the job, 30 Jan 2013
Can't say much about a candle but it does the job, Got this for my mothers 60th birthday and this fitted onto the top cupcake and looks pretty :)

Arrived in a proper pack for it and so kept it secured until needed.

Dezirae: Pathways of Exploration
Dezirae: Pathways of Exploration

1.0 out of 5 stars Unique? It's definitely something but I wouldn't call it 'unique', 30 Jan 2013
Rubbish, thought the concept of this sounded interesting but the style of writing and the random storyline which didn't flow well left me bored very quickly. Could of been better, much better, sexier with the flow making more sense, possible even for a 'short unique erotic adventure' but it missed all of the things that make a good story. Shame really but hell, least it was free and I didn't waste any money - just a few minutes of my life...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3