Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Powys, Wales, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Best American Short Stories 2013
The Best American Short Stories 2013
by Karl Taro Greenfeld

3.0 out of 5 stars An annual event, 15 Jan. 2014
I love 'The Best...' collections - but some are better than others. This collection hasn't had brilliant reviews but I am wondering if this is because of the lack of well-known writers. Anyway, we shall see - I haven't read any yet but the price was good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 4:56 PM BST

Washing the Dead
Washing the Dead

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stories, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Washing the Dead (Kindle Edition)
An absolute bargain on Kindle - it was free when I downloaded it! I know Ms Weeks and her writing is really good. She one a short story competition a few years ago - 'Mint Sauce' - and is well worth reading. This is a great book of short stories.

Sing, Sorrow, Sorrow: Dark and Chilling Tales
Sing, Sorrow, Sorrow: Dark and Chilling Tales
by Gwenith Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Spooky tales, 15 Jan. 2014
I haven't read these yet but I have listened to one being read - Richard Gwyn's, by the man himself - and it was really good. Looking forward to indulging further.

Raymond Carver: A Writer's Life
Raymond Carver: A Writer's Life
by Carol Sklenicka

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book about a very interesting writer, 15 Jan. 2014
I love Raymond Carver's writing and Carol Sklenicka's biography gives the reader a very insightful overview of his life; of the issues that affected him; of the hardship he worked through. Sadly, Carver died very young, at 50, but it's amazing how much quality writing - prose and poetry - he produced in his lifetime. I haven't read all of this yet but it was sold for a very reasonable price and for that I am grateful. Thanks!

U Got the Power [Clean]
U Got the Power [Clean]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Sept. 2013
Original sounding song from a band I had never heard of before. Really good for exercise and a bit of a blast from the past in terms of style.

UK & Europe to South Africa Travel Plug
UK & Europe to South Africa Travel Plug
Offered by cheap4uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 11 Sept. 2013
A great adaptor which was essential for Namibia and South Africa. It does what it says and there's not much else to be said really!

Redwood BB-BN100 Binocular
Redwood BB-BN100 Binocular
Offered by One Click Wonder

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 11 Sept. 2013
Fine for the price but not that great. However, for under £10.00, I can't moan really. Spend more if you want better quality - simple as that!

The Very Best Of
The Very Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80s!, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Who doesn't love Billy Ocean? I particularly like 'Red Light' and 'Loverboy' - quite cheesy but really gets you going!

Bloc Eyewear Stoat Xr Sports Sunglasses - S/BLACK (Old Version)
Bloc Eyewear Stoat Xr Sports Sunglasses - S/BLACK (Old Version)

2.0 out of 5 stars Small..., 11 Sept. 2013
I returned these to Amazon as they were too small. I have some Hornet glasses and they are great, as well as some Square ones - but these were really tight and a disappointment. I was a bit annoyed that £6.00 was deducted for postage and packing when it obviously doesn't cost this to return them!

Binocular Vision
Binocular Vision

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of an acquired taste..., 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Binocular Vision (Kindle Edition)
Some of the stories in this collection are excellent - and I should say I haven't yet finished the book. I liked 'Allog' and really enjoyed 'ToyFolk'. Pearlman tends to focus on tales about American expats, some fighting a particular cause elsewhere. There is also quite a strong concentration on Jewish stories. The prose is lovely and I look forward to reading more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4