Profile for Mr Brian M Lowen > Reviews

Content by Mr Brian M Lowen

Mr Brian M Lowen

Page: 1 | 2
By Force Of Arms (Revolution at Sea)
By Force Of Arms (Revolution at Sea)
by James L. Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent gripping story set around the start of the American ..., 12 Sept. 2014
An excellent gripping story set around the start of the American War of Independence. Good stuff for all those who enjoy stories of the wonderful days of fighting sail. Cleverly written so that you are not always on the side of the British, but often supporting the Americans!

Bring Me Home
Bring Me Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Alan Titchmarsh just gets better and better with each succeeding novel, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bring Me Home (Kindle Edition)
Alan Titchmarsh just gets better and better with each succeeding novel.
This one is set in Scotland in a castle and is a good gentle read.

The Governor's Wife
The Governor's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story set on the border between Mexico and America, 10 Aug. 2014
Excellent story set on the border between Mexico and America.
Interesting to learn about this part of the country and the problems there with the drug lords.
A good page turner.

Want You Dead (Roy Grace Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars his stories about D I Roy Grace keep coming with each as good as the, 1 Aug. 2014
Another cracker from Peter James, his stories about D I Roy Grace keep coming with each as good as the last

The King and I (Kindle Single)
The King and I (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars with a nice twist at the end, 1 Aug. 2014
enjoyable, with a nice twist at the end, but too short

Precious and the Mystery of the Missing Lion: A New Case for Precious Ramotswe
Precious and the Mystery of the Missing Lion: A New Case for Precious Ramotswe

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
Excellent. Another lovely gentle story of Precious Ramotsa, (Not sure of spelling!)

The Miracle of Normandy (Kindle Single)
The Miracle of Normandy (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
Excellent. Very interesting and well written

Fin Gall: A Novel of Viking Age Ireland (The Norsemen Saga Book 1)
Fin Gall: A Novel of Viking Age Ireland (The Norsemen Saga Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to follow with unpronounceable names., 29 July 2014
Difficult to follow with unpronounceable names. I suppose I should have been more patient and kept going but I gave up after a few chapters

King Orient Express Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)
King Orient Express Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 Pieces)

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice puzzle with reasonable pieces and clear picture, 29 July 2014
A nice puzzle with reasonable pieces and clear picture, but there was a piece missing - the right hand bottom corner piece.
I am sure I had not lost it because I am always very careful with the pieces and do the puzzles in our conservatory where any dropped pieces would be easily noticed. I carefully searched the whole conservatory when a found the piece missing on completion of the puzzle, but no luck. I am sure the piece was missing before I opened the box.
I did not complain to the manufacturers because I did not think I would be believed.
I did complain to a different manufacturer when I had one piece missing from a puzzle, and one extra piece, and I did receive a replacement.
I would love to see how the puzzles are manufactured, and what care is taken when packing the boxes.

Philip Stopford: Do Not Be Afraid
Philip Stopford: Do Not Be Afraid

5.0 out of 5 stars Truro Cathedral Choir, 5 Jun. 2014
Lovely music sung by a first rate choir.
Bought the CD after hearing their concert in our church on St Marys, Isles of Scilly

Page: 1 | 2