Profile for Anni Stevens > Reviews

Content by Anni Stevens

Anni Stevens "Ann" (England)

Elvis In Person
Elvis In Person

5.0 out of 5 stars It has all been said, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Elvis In Person (Audio CD)
Perfection, as almost always, but this is 'perfect' perfection. This period of Elvis' varied career stands out like a beacon and one doesn't have to be a 'fan' or 'follower' to appreciate the man performing on this album.

Close your eyes and let this enigma of sheer brilliance wash over you - absolute magic from the one and only.

I Only Let It Happen Once In A While
I Only Let It Happen Once In A While

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Funny Man, 27 Dec. 2013
Ray Stevens is so underrated here in the UK.

Mention his name and maybe someone will say 'Oh isn't he the one that did 'The Streak?' Such a shame because here is a tiny but great example of his vast selection of serious work.

Back in the seventies this man and another one called Elvis, through their music, helped me through some pretty bad times. Ray Stevens has an honest sincerity in his voice, the lyrics he writes and performs and can effortlessly send shivers down spines [that's the spines that listen folks - the rest of you are missing so much from one of the planet's greatest entertainers.

Anyone who has lost a love will relate to this particular song. Sit back, relax and if you haven't listened to Ray's 'Serious' work - I hope this will be the slipway to a voyage of musical discovery.

Eternal thanks Ray - your music is still my 'Ointment for Life's Wounds' You always make me smile.
I Love You.

The Shack
The Shack
by WM. Paul Young

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, Amusing, Moving, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Shack (Paperback)
A 'must read'. I found this book in my collection after moving house. Definitely not the kind of book I would have on my shelves. Firstly I am not a believer. More interestingly, I have no idea where the book came from or what prompted me to read it! I finished it yesterday amidst racking sobs! Despite finding it 'heavy going'in parts, I had experienced a variety of emotions that included laughter, tears and anger; sometimes all at the same time! Currently I am suffering from depression and this book released something inside me that resembled peace. When I was a child I believed in God and I now find myself hoping that the child in me may be awakening. I defy anyone to find this book empty.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 5:35 AM BST