Profile for Rudgwick > Reviews

Genuine RC1101 Remote Control for TECHWOOD AEDTR80S7
Genuine RC1101 Remote Control for TECHWOOD AEDTR80S7
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the original, 8 Nov. 2013
Great price and just like the lost original - even down to the fact that the battery clip could be better. why spend more?

Mio 687 5" Super Widescreen Premium Traffic Navigation System with Video Input - 44 European Countries

4.0 out of 5 stars I Like It, 26 Jun. 2011
Bought this as a replacement for a Garmin Nuvi 1690 that I returned to Amazon for a refund - the 1690 being next to useless.Garmin Nuvi 1690 Widescreen Sat Nav with Live Traffic & Services and UK & European Mapping

I previously owned a Mio 510 that I was very pleased with but which as a result of use by me and abuse by thieves needed replacing - so after the unsatisfactory episode with the Garmin I decided to return to the brand that I liked.

The Mio doesn't offer the same live services as the Nuvi but it does make a decent stab at avoiding known delays and the option to select the type of route from the map screen is very helpful.

Overall I'm very pleased with the actual device. Excellent value for the money and does all that I need and more.

Would have given this 5 stars had it not been for the fact that the software doesn't work with Mac's - and it isn't too clever on PC's. Could be my fault but I find the process for linking and updating complicated, confusing and tedious.

Overall very pleased, so pleased I bought a Mio V505 for the wife.Navman Mio V505 Satellite Navigation System With Built in Freeview TV
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 7:43 PM GMT

Garmin Nuvi 1690 Traffic Satellite Navigation System with UK & European Mapping
Garmin Nuvi 1690 Traffic Satellite Navigation System with UK & European Mapping

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 8 May 2011
I'm in the process of returning this to amazon for a refund.

I bought this prior to a trip to Scotland as a replacement for an ageing Mio C710 and have been so disappointed with the basic functions that I've decided to return.

Initially I was concerned that it couldn't accurately identify my home address - a property that has existed for 10+ years. It did locate a nearby older property in the street but didn't even display my part of the street. I updated the map - a very slow and tedious process - but this didn't help.

The latest map also failed to find the property I was visiting in Scotland - again 10+ years old.

Address finding appears variable - some address can be found if you have the full postcode but not if searching by address and house number.

Speed camera warnings were not particularly accurate - indicating, in particular, speed and distance cameras where none were evident. Speed camera warning sound is also too quiet if the general sound is at a level to avoid distortion.

Final straw yesterday when the route diverted me unnecessarily off the main road to my destination to take me through a housing estate and suggested I use dead-end streets.

I didn't make particularly great use of the additional features - my main concerns being with the basic ones - but the google access worked well and quickly and was helpful.

Overall a very disappointing and unsatisfactory experience.

LONG ARM MONKEY WITH SOUND [Toy]
LONG ARM MONKEY WITH SOUND [Toy]

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a monkey!, 28 Jan. 2011
This review is from: LONG ARM MONKEY WITH SOUND [Toy]
Good price, good quality, sound OK but not really necessary, little girl loves it - already a night time favourite.