Profile for Equus > Reviews

Content by Equus

Equus (Oxford, England)

3 x BLACK IN/OUT LETTER FILING TRAYS WITH RISERS 8 NOS
3 x BLACK IN/OUT LETTER FILING TRAYS WITH RISERS 8 NOS
Offered by web-store stationery supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 22 Mar. 2013
They are ok for lightweight paper use but can easily be bent by using one finger to press down on tray.

Philips HD4644/00 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt, 1.7 Litre - White
Philips HD4644/00 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 Watt, 1.7 Litre - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Plastic taste, 5 April 2010
I have been using this model for over a month now and there is still a plastic taste present in the water which is particularly noticeable in tea (not so noticeable in coffee). My kettle gets a alot of use and I would of expected the plastic taste to have gone by now. If I eventually get a neutral taste to the water then I will be very pleased with this kettle but it ain't happened yet.

Silver Celtic Style Ring - Size Q
Silver Celtic Style Ring - Size Q

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete with swivel, 5 July 2009
This is an unusual ring as the Celtic knot part actually swivels around on the ring. I personally quite like this feature but it is something to bear in mind if you don't.

Half Car Cover (639) - Protect your car from the elements & vandals
Half Car Cover (639) - Protect your car from the elements & vandals

1.0 out of 5 stars Thinner than expected, 5 July 2009
The material was thinner than I expected and only lasted a couple of months before it wripped. The way the hooks are attached to the flexicord is inadequate and allows them to become unattached quite easily when they are not under tension i.e. when the cover is not in use. The hooks provided are shaped so that they will attach to your wheel but not hook under the wheel arch.

Draper 18140 1.8 m Syphon Pump
Draper 18140 1.8 m Syphon Pump
Offered by Red House Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 4 July 2009
Don't waste your money on this product - it is completely unsuitable for syphoning liquid. The tiny plastic one-way valves are useless - I could not get this product to work at all. I've kept the tubing and thrown the blue pump part in the recycling bin.

Sony KDL-26T3000 - 26'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview
Sony KDL-26T3000 - 26'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great via aerial, 3 Aug. 2008
I saw this TV in the showroom playing a film on Blu-ray and was so amazed at the picture quality that I bought one from Amazon on the strengh of it. I did expect to just attach it to my existing equipment via scart leads, turn it on, tune in the stations and get a reasonable quality picture. I don't know if it's because I get my digital signal from an aerial instead of a cable but the picture is not clean and sharp and any movement is accommpanied by blurring around the edges which is far too annoying to watch. This is an HD ready TV but I would say that it's a HD only TV.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2008 12:25 AM BST

Flymo Vision Compact 380 1700W Electric Hover Collect Lawn Mower
Flymo Vision Compact 380 1700W Electric Hover Collect Lawn Mower

1.0 out of 5 stars Chiropracter's delight., 3 May 2008
TOTALLY UNFIT FOR PURPOSE - I bought a Hover mower expecting it to be light and easy to move around once it was switched on. Having used the Compact 380 for the first time today I think it may well be my last. Even when it is switched on it is far too heavy and hard to manoeuvre around on my flat lawn. It comes with two rollers on the front which are totally inadequate to move it around, even on flat concrete. I don't even know why this mower has a collection box for grass as it only collects about 25% of it. My previous mower was a Flymo Compact 400 which lasted 10 years before the motor burned out. I wish I had spent the money on replacing the motor - it may well have lasted me another 10 years.