Profile for nobby > Reviews

Content by nobby

nobby

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Y-cam HomeMonitor HD, Motion Activated Cloud Security Camera Solution (No Monthly Fees)
Offered by Southwall

3.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to set up at home (BT), 18 Jan. 2016
it works.
It was easy to set up at home (BT), but impossible to set up on a Virgin router.
picture quality is OK.
I hate the delay.
I really wish that the cameras had a small speaker to make the sund two way.

The worst thing is the lack of support for Windows phones
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2016 1:46 PM GMT

EE PAYG Triple SIM Card Preloaded with 6 GB of 4GEE Data
EE PAYG Triple SIM Card Preloaded with 6 GB of 4GEE Data

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE - Amazon are great, teh card arrived quickly and as advertised. EE are however - a joke., 18 Jan. 2016
OK - my big issue with this is that it is not simply a case of insert it in your device and use it.
If I buy a card with pre-loaded credits, I expect to be able to put it into my device and use it.
I was at the in-laws farm - no internet connection (thanks BT for your wonderful service) and I had a mifi dongle.
I inserted the sim card into my mifi device (as I had previously with an O2 device) but it would not work.
I needed to create an account and activate my card by adding credit to it.
I had already bought a card with 6GB of credit on it - what do EE think they are doing???
In order to do this, I had to go online.
BUT how do I go online when the sim card wont work?
I had to drive 10 miles to a Mcdonalds, and then open an account using their free wifi, and pay with a credit card (I only had an overseas credit card, so this cost me more)

What a joke - NEVER EVER WILL I USEE EE AGAIN
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2016 9:18 AM GMT

Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)
Mightier than the Sword (Clifton Chronicles Book 5)

2.0 out of 5 stars it may pass a few hours on the beach, but like a saggy sunbed in Blackpool, it will leave you feeling full of regret..., 7 Jun. 2015
The ideas are now so far fetched and the storyline is so weak that this series needs to be put out of its misery and stopped.

Yazilind Jewelry Multicolor Howlite Turquoise Cute Cross Trendy Prayer Stretch Sugar Bracelet Women Girls Gift Idea
Offered by YAZILIND JEWELRY LIMITED

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 19 Feb. 2015
a very pretty / modern / discreet and inexpensive bracelet

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars quantity over quality, 19 Feb. 2015
It's a foot of chocolate - what more fo you need to say. The chocolate quality however is a bit indifferent

Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable but not his best work, 19 Feb. 2015
As with all Archer books, it makes you want to read more, but on reflection, the storyline is now to far fetched, and stretching boundaries....

Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy Book 3)
Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars not your best effort Mr Follett. Dull, dull, dull, 16 Jan. 2015
A very dull and tedious end to the trilogy.
Was there any need for the London storyline?
This is the worst Follett book that I have read, and if it were the first time that I had come across him, then it would definitely have been the last. Dull and dismal...

IMC Toys Funny Monkeys
IMC Toys Funny Monkeys

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: IMC Toys Funny Monkeys (Toy)
loved by yound and old - a wonderful product.

Anker® C200 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse with 6 Buttons, 3 DPI Adjustment Levels and 2000 DPI (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars It has been comfortable and easy to use It arrived promptly and so ..., 10 Dec. 2014
cannot say how long the battery will last since i have only had it for a short while, but so far, i have used it for about 6 hours a day and had no issues. It has been comfortable and easy to use
It arrived promptly and so far has done everything expected.

parking barrier My Park 2110
parking barrier My Park 2110
Offered by WORKSHOPUNITEDKINGDOM

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Customer service and an awful product - very expensive and not even worth a fraction of the price, 3 Dec. 2014
What a poor product!!!!
When I first saw this product on line, I thought that it looked wonderful - a parking barrier that I could operate from within my car - yes it is expensive, however, I thought that it would be fantastic quality for the price. The RollsRoyce of parking barriers - something that would have my neighbours looking at in astonishment, all asking where they could buy one.
How wrong could I be?????

I unfortunately purchased 2 of these (so my bad experiences are not just a one off)

Firstly, they were not even dispatched until after the estimated delivery date.

Second - they were in a scruffy cardboard box - not nicely packaged, but something that looked like it had come from a private ebay seller who was re-using cardboard boxes from the local supermarket.

There were no glossy instructions to follow - just some cheap photocopied sheets of paper in the wrong language.

OK I thought - maybe the packaging and distribution department failed, but the product design and manufacturing team would be on the ball - again how wrong could I be....

The instructions say that the battery must be charged with the charger fitted to the red and black terminals. The battery charger actually had a blue and white terminal - how was I supposed to know of these which was meant to correspond to the red and black. There were no + / - signs.
Both battery chargers were also slightly different.

What was this???
Were the buying team just getting whatever supply that they could?

Then the remote control that came with the device - surely it should have one buton saying up / down.
Not 2 buttons saying on / off.
What was being turned n and off?
Again - had the buying team got some bankrupt stock for a different product??
The remote controls were obvioulsy not designed for the parking barrier, but were for something else and had been bought in and used for this product which they were not designed for.

So then the parking barrier itself.

1 - the lid does not fit properly - to get the bolts to screw in, you need to apply some force and even then, it does not close securely.
2 - the battery is loose and is held in place by a folded up piece of plastic (supplied)
3 - There are blobs of sealant within the unit - obviously to overcome known design flaws where water can come in.
4 - The device comes with 2 long bolts to secure it into the ground, but these are nowhere near long enough. In fact in the instructions, it even advises, that the fitter may want to use longer bolts - If they know that the bolts are not long enough - WHY WHY WHY send it out with ones that are not good enough?

so, a badly packaged product, despatched late, with an instruction sheet in the wrong language, and with parts that are clearly not designed to be with this product and that are not as described in the photocopied instruction sheet that is in the wrong language

OK - well they have failed on packaging, distribution, manufacturing, purcashing of items and quality of construction BUT maybe, oh maybe, after all of this, they would work well and be stunning.
My neighbours would after all look in amazement as a glide up to my house and with a simple click of a button, the barrier drops and I can park....

DREAM ON !!!!!!

the barriers had a mind of their own.
Sometimes they worked when the buttons were pushed - other times they didn't.
Even when stood next to the barrier with the remote control, you could not always get it to function.

Oh how the neighbours stared....
1 - they stared when we stood in the rain for 5 minutes trying to get the barrier to drop
2 - they stared when we had to leave our car in the middle of the street blocking the road because we could not get the barrier to drop
3 - they stared when some random stranger parked in the parking space in front of my house because the barrier would not raise when I left one time.
4 - they really stared when having stood by the barrier for 5 minutes to get the darn thing to drop, it eventually went down, but then raised itself again - unfortunately my neighbours did not tell me that it had immediately raised again and with me having got back into the car (which had been parked very close to the barrier in order to try to make it work, and thus not giving a view of the barrier), my neighbours all watched in disbelief as I drove straight into the now raised barrier damaging both the barrier and the car.

So that is the product - at the bottom of this review - you will see 5 you tube links so that you can see for yourself how bad this is...

As for the vendor and their lack of customer service - that will be reviewed in a seperate review of the vendor - needless to say - they are rude and do not think that distance seeling regulations, or the sale of good Act applies to them...

decide for yourself