Profile for Cottle > Reviews

A Place Called Here
A Place Called Here
by Cecelia Ahern

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read- Great Book all round Great, 28 Sept. 2007
This review is from: A Place Called Here (Paperback)
i found this book so gripping. It took me a chapter or two to get into the book, but when i did i couldn't put this down. It is my 2nd Ahern book, and after reading PS i love you, i found this much better. the story line was far more gripping and the constant twists and turns that the book took had me entrauled ( hope i've spelt that right)
Ahern once again delivers a great book.

The Other Side of the Story
The Other Side of the Story
by Marian Keyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting yet confusing, 25 Sept. 2007
I found this book interesting, yet still really confusing. I did not like how the book jumped around like a child on a pogo stick, however i have yet to come across a author that can do that so well. It took me about three weeks to finish this book as sometimes i had to re-read pages because i didn't understand them the first time. But all in all, a good read, not for someone who gets confused easily

The Learning Curve
The Learning Curve
by Melissa Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing Amazing, 23 Sept. 2007
This review is from: The Learning Curve (Paperback)
I read this book back in 06' and it was my first book by Melissa Nathan. I read in during my holiday to Spain, and i read it before the week was up, i just could not bring myself to put it down. I am not normally a fan of books, as i do get bored very easily, but this was just something i had to finish, and wanted to finish. I loved it, and i have read and re-read it i don't know how many times. After reading this i went out and bought the Waitress ( which is just as good) and the Nanny ( still have to read), and her latest, Persuading Annie. So far i love this Author, she has yet to disapoint me in her books, and i will continue to buy them until there aren't any more.
I did hear that she is no longer with us, and for that i am truly sorry for her family. I will always be a Nathan Fan, due to the fact that her books are REAL! What a author. A MUST READ AUTHOR!!!!!

PS, I Love You
PS, I Love You
by Cecelia Ahern

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 Sept. 2007
This review is from: PS, I Love You (Paperback)
This book was gripping, and most interesting. I found it heartwrenching a times, and at the times in the book when Holly felt uplifted, i felt it too. Ahern really gets to her target audience, and i intend of reading every Ahern novel from now on ( apart from Where Rainbows End- Email books aren't my style)

Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
by Chrissie Manby

3.0 out of 5 stars unfinished, 22 Sept. 2007
I picked this book up many times and read it, but i never finished it, i have read and re-read the beginning of the book so many times, but i always loose interest. I feel Chris Manby is perhaps for a older generation who get her humour and plot lines. I am chick lit fan, and i didn't feel that this book reached that audience. My mum on the other hand has almost every book Manby has wrote, and loves her, which is why i thought i would have a bash at a manby novel, as me and my mum have the same humour style, alas i couldn't get into this book.

Persuading Annie
Persuading Annie
by Melissa Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Persuading Annie (Paperback)
I loved this book, and i love this author, i have everything she has ever written, and this book was just as enjoyable! I'll happily sit down and read it again and again.

Crystal
Crystal
by Katie Price

1.0 out of 5 stars Nonsense, 22 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Crystal (Hardcover)
I found this book so boring! The story is dragged out, and it is written so badly. After reading a book by the amazing Melissa Nathan, picking up this amatuer book really was a disapointment. I have read Katie Price's first book " Being Jordon" and i loved it and read it twice, but with this book i cannot bring my self to read on. Even though i want to know what happens to the characters, It's just so boring to read. It is obvious it has not been checked right, as even i can spot the typos, and spelling mistakes.
The character of Crystal was written badly, and came across as a right stuck up, moany little snob. As for the whole " X Factor" Storyline, it's totally rubbish, and something a little more orignial should of been written. Even though Katie is not a writer, i was expecting a lot better from her, especially since everyone praised this book. Sorry but what a load of poo! Do your self a favour, and read a book by a real author!