Profile for MWA > Reviews

MWA "MWA"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Keep calm and carry on' - travel mug, 9 Feb 2012
I did not buy this on Amazon but received it as a present. I am just rating the product. I was bought this as I am always moaning about the taste given to my coffee by my plastic travel mug. It is really worth switching to a ceramic mug as this does not give any taste allowing you to appreciate the coffee. The ceramic mug is built to a good, solid standard and contains the heat well. Since the ceramic is thick you can hold a hot drink comfortably. The silicone lid has a cut out and mimics the usual take away coffee cups and is also built to a good quality. It is thick and fits the ceramic mug well. The only gripe I have is the mug could be larger but apart from this minor point it is a great product and looks cool.

HTC DESIRE S GEL CASE / COVER / SHELL / SKIN - RED PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Desire S Gel Case, 9 Feb 2012
I bought both the red and purple gel cases. Both arrived together on time and in good condition. The gel cases are of a generous, thick quality. They are simple but protect the back of the phone well and add comfortable, grip. The ports are accessible. Overall, a good product.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 v2

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 with Nano, 9 Feb 2012
This product arrived on time and in good condition. It is built to a good standard and feels solid in the hand with a comfortable weight to it. Scrolling wheel is finished with a comfortable ribbed rubber which is smooth to use. USB receiver/transmitter protrudes 8mm from my laptop but does not seem to get in the way. The mouse was used straight out of the box so no fuss setting it up. It could be improved slightly ergonomically but overall it does its job well.

Duronic Coiled 1M Black Auxilary AUX-IN 24k connector stretch wire cable 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack for iPod, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4G mp3 players and car stereo (1 metre stretched)
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Duronic Aux. Goldspec 3.5mm jack input cable, 9 Feb 2012
Cable arrived on time, in good condition and as described. It seems built to a good standard and does not feel cheap.
The 1m length is more than enough for me and the sound quality is good. Cable fits comfortably in the 3.5mm jack of my iPhone 4. Overall, no complaints.

Typhoon Retro Scales, Red
Typhoon Retro Scales, Red
Offered by KG Homewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Typhoon Retro Scales - Red, 9 Feb 2012
A great looking set of scales of a solid construction. I bought this to compliment the red De'Longhi Icona toaster and kettle, which it does well. It is a slightly brighter red but since it of a similar build standard this is not obvious. It arrived on time and in good condition.

Minority Report (Read a Great Movie)
Minority Report (Read a Great Movie)

3.0 out of 5 stars Minority Report - Kindle, 6 Feb 2012
I am a great fan of PK Dick and I have read quite a few of his books and short stories, but this unfortunately is an OK rather than great selection. There were a few readable short stories but nothing notable. If you love PK Dick then I recommend reading this but if this is your first time I would start with Human Is? for short stories. If you want to go for something meatier I would read 'Do androids dream of electric sheep?' or 'Ubik'.

With respect to the Kindle edition there were so many typos I lost count. This has clearly not been proof read prior to publication. However, despite so many typos they do not distract too much from the reading.

Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPod Classic 160GB - Black 2011 model, 4 Feb 2012
I should mention I did not purchase this from Amazon but instead bought it directly from Apple for the free personalised engraving. This was the most cost effective choice for me. My girlfriend wanted an iPod Classic for some time on which to store all of her music. I have an iPhone 4 which I think is fantastic so I really wanted to get her an iPod touch instead since it would be intuitive and has the option of simple wireless streaming (along with a load more features...). However, she was adamant the iPod Classic was the way to go, so this is what I of course bought.

It is a stylish, slimline, solid product with a good build quality and with 160GB storage has more than enough space for our music collection. Although the screen is small movies can still be played at a good quality.

There are a few gripes I have though. The chrome plated back is unbelievably easy to scratch. For example, there was a small amount of glue left on the back when I received it so I lightly rubbed it off with just my finger and this caused a lot of scratching. I subsequently bought a clear case to prevent further damage. I know it is essentially a hard drive but I was surprised it makes such an obvious whirring noise when being used. For me it makes the product feel cheaper. Perhaps I have been accustomed to the intuitive UI of the iPhone but the controls on the iPod are so basic and clunky.

In summation, the iPod Classic looks good and does it's job but is very archaic. Admittedly this is the original so perhaps I am being unnecessarily critical. At the end of the day the Classic offers a far superior storage capacity thus allowing you to have your entire music collection on the go as opposed to the iPhone or iPod touch.

Black & Decker PLR36NC Twist Screwdriver 3.6v
Black & Decker PLR36NC Twist Screwdriver 3.6v

4.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker PLR36NC Screwdriver 3.6v, 4 Feb 2012
I should mention that I did not purchase this from Amazon, but instead was bought it for a birthday present. The screwdriver is compact and ergonomic. For such a small tool it does seem to have a lot of power. The only criticism I have is that it seems to have no inbuilt storage area for the drill bits, which I feel would be a good idea to prevent them from being misplaced. Admittedly this is a minor point but I thought I would mention it. Overall I am very pleased with this product.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimateaddons Swivel Air Vent Car Kit iPhone 4 Mount, 4 Feb 2012
Rather than an iPhone 4 holder mounted on the windscreen I wanted to go for something air vent mounted. This way my iPhone is not only out of the way of my field of vision but also easier and safer to operate. This car kit mount was a good choice. It is cheap and cheerful. It holds the iPhone 4 securely, although you will need to remove a case/cover no matter how slimline, as it is designed to fit perfectly. It's components are simple and quick to connect. The mechanism with which it grips onto the air vent is primitive yet effective (the clasps which hook on to the vent are spring loaded and easily attached). The main iPhone holder is attached to the air vent holder via a swivel ball allowing 360 degree rotation which is nice when using album cover-flow. In summation, it is a simple product at a cheap price which does what it needs to do.

SwitchEasy Colors Silicone Case for iPhone 4/4S - Milk
SwitchEasy Colors Silicone Case for iPhone 4/4S - Milk

4.0 out of 5 stars SwitchEasy Silicone Case iPhone 4 - White, 4 Feb 2012
I originally had an OtterBox defender case for my iPhone. Although it provided fantastic protection I began to feel it was too bulky. Since I wanted something more slimline to fully appreciate the iPhone 4 I went for this case. The white case looks great against my black iPhone. The case is of a couple of mm thick and of a good quality silicone. It fits well around the iPhone. I particularly like the raised grey home button of the case which is stylish yet functional. There were 2 silicone inserts for the 3mm jack and connection cable ports as well as a couple of good quality screen protectors. Overall I am very happy with this case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8