Profile for Barbara Martin > Reviews

Content by Barbara Martin

Barbara Martin

Page: 1 | 2
Knitting Bag / Beach Bag / Handbag, Very strong and wipe cleanable, (Owl & Trees)
Offered by Wendywwoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 2 Mar. 2016
Fab bag...just right for my knitting. Love it.

Duronic KS5000 Large Digital Display 5KG Kitchen Scales with 24.5cm Diameter Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl and 2 Years FREE Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 2 Mar. 2016
Superb. Always wanted digital scales. Good size bowl for measuring. Can be used without as it has a tare button. Very accurate! The main part is very small for storage and very light.
Recommended.

Interstellar [DVD] [2014]
Interstellar [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 20 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Interstellar [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I am not a 'film watcher'...I usually do something else as well . Like play games on my phone or knit. But this film had me within 10 mins. I watched every second!

The Elephant's Child
The Elephant's Child
by Rudyard Kipling

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 7 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Elephant's Child (Paperback)
This is the original story (near enough!) and I really enjoyed reading it to my grandchildren. I remember reading this as a child myself and then to my own boys when they were small. They still use the phrase 'oh best beloved' on occasion even now! When a river is mentioned in conversation they often repeat 'the great green greasy Limpopo River'! And the 'bicoloured Python Rock Snake' is never far away!
So, to have the pleasure of reading it to my four grandchildren (from 8 to 2) is a real treat for me. I think they really believe that this is how the elephant did get his long trunk! Anyway, it is a lovely story and wonderful for children to get their own imagination working!

Music From The Miramax Motion Picture Chicago
Music From The Miramax Motion Picture Chicago
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicago, 5 Oct. 2010
Superb CD. Fab for putting on the iPod. I can sing along as much as I like!!

Brownie Adventure
Brownie Adventure
by Girlguiding UK
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Brownie Adventure (Spiral-bound)
I bought this for my seven year old Brownie and she is enjoying it immensely. She has been through it with a 'fine tooth comb' and has found the bits she likes the best. It is a very good book for helping Brownies - not just new ones but older ones too as there are parts for 'Brownie Buddies' (when the bigger ones look after new ones). I am sure she will enjoy it for a long time. It is spiral bound so is easy to fold back and sit on her lap when she is working in it and there are plenty of things to do.

Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
Five Little Ducks (Classic Books with Holes Board Book)
by Annie Kubler
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Little Ducks, 10 Mar. 2010
This was bought for my 1 year old granddaughter and she loves it. We sing the song and she loves turning the pages with me and poking her little fingers in the holes. Her older brother (3) enjoys it too, as he sings it at pre-school. He also noticed that all the little ducks are different and the first time we read it he looked for which one was missing in each verse! I liked that little touch in the book as it made a very simple song/story more interesting for him. Good strong board pages for little ones to turn. Very durable and very enjoyable.

Ty Beanies Dora Diego Baby Jaguar
Ty Beanies Dora Diego Baby Jaguar

4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Jaguar, 10 Mar. 2010
I bought this little beanie for my 3 year old grandson who is a huge Diego fan. Diego was purchased at Christmas and is loved very much so I thought I would get him Baby Jaguar too. It was loved immediately! It is a good size for little hands although it is a bit big next to Diego! It seems a good strong toy and I think it will stand up to many happy hours of play. Typical 'Ty Beanie' good value for money toy.

Ty Beanie Baby Go Diego Go - Diego Plush Toy
Ty Beanie Baby Go Diego Go - Diego Plush Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely beanie!, 4 Feb. 2010
Bought this Beanie for my Diego-mad 3 year old grandson and it hasn't left his side since Christmas! It is just the right size for his little hands and joins in all the Diego games he plays! Nice for the boys to have a doll to play with. I would recommend this toy.

Diego Saves the Tree Frogs (Ready-To-Read Go Diego Go - Level 1)
Diego Saves the Tree Frogs (Ready-To-Read Go Diego Go - Level 1)
by Sarah Willson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Feb. 2010
I bought this little book for my 3 year old grandson and he loved it as he had seen it on TV! It was nice and easy for him to follow and it encouraged him to ask questions and also try reading the words. He loves anything about Diego so I was onto a winner anyway! Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2