Profile for M. Sherrard-griffith > Reviews

Content by M. Sherrard-gr...

M. Sherrard-griffith "bookworm" (Australia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Mary Berry's Christmas Collection, 7 Mar 2014
Fantastic book and for those who live away from UK, they will love this book with all the wonderful recipes we knew and loved and still cook in other countries.

Mary Berry's Traditional Puddings and Desserts
Mary Berry's Traditional Puddings and Desserts
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars mary berrys traditional puddings and desserts., 7 Mar 2014
I loved watching Mary Berry cook on tv when I lived by the golf course in Sunningdale Berks. Buying her books brought back memories. I love her recipes.Her books are well written and cooking made easy.

The First of the Summer Wine - Series One [DVD]
The First of the Summer Wine - Series One [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Fenwick

5.0 out of 5 stars the first of the summer wine, 7 Mar 2014
Glad that Amazon decided to include this dvd as part of the range. I saw this series a few years ago and knew I had to buy it. I watched it a few days ago and laughed as much as I did in the past at the antics of the people. I cannot wait to get the second series..I love,love love it.

Brother Sun, Sister Moon [DVD] [1973]
Brother Sun, Sister Moon [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Graham Faulkner

4.0 out of 5 stars brother sun sister moon, 7 Mar 2014
I must say I found this movie great.I had never heard of it until I saw a little on TV, just had to buy it to find out more about it. For those who love what life should be about and who do not believe that "greed is good" you will like this.Yes I enjoyed this so much {and am not a Catholic } that I purchased one for a friend also. She and her husband loved it.

No. 485 (N.Z.) Squadron 1941-1945 (World War II)
No. 485 (N.Z.) Squadron 1941-1945 (World War II)
by Paul Sortehaug

5.0 out of 5 stars 485squadron (NZ), 30 Nov 2013
Very interesting and true information of this great Squadron. I hope all people who had relatives in this Squadron have a copy. We will treasure this. Great book.

The Acid-alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Balance by Creating PH Balance in Your Diet
by Christopher Vasey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimun Health., 1 Oct 2013
I was fascinated with this book. It explains all one need to know about improving their health from an acid body to an alkaline body. I would have liked a few recipes in it to follow. I hope they follow up with a book of recipes. Loved the book and read it from cover to cover. Have now allowed a friend to borrow it. Yes its great with so much advise. Thank you.

Cloudbabies - Fly Away Home WITH FREE REWARD CHART & STICKERS [DVD]
Cloudbabies - Fly Away Home WITH FREE REWARD CHART & STICKERS [DVD]
Offered by simply-well-priced

5.0 out of 5 stars cloud babies.....fly away home, 1 Oct 2013
What more can I say for any of the Cloud Babies. They are all so wonderful to watch and the children all love it. Its great for the boys and girls. How lovely to find dvd's like this that show your children how to treat each other with gentleness and kindness.Thank you for these wonderful dvd's

Cloud Babies - Wide Awake Sun [DVD]
Cloud Babies - Wide Awake Sun [DVD]
Offered by wmdservices

5.0 out of 5 stars cloud babies, 1 Oct 2013
Truly lovely. Still watched by 5 year olds. This dvd is so gentle and wonderful for little ones.Now we want the cloud "baby toys".

The Butterfly Ball & the Grasshopper's Feast
The Butterfly Ball & the Grasshopper's Feast
Offered by jim-exselecky

1.0 out of 5 stars The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast, 24 Sep 2013
Let me tell you a quick story.Whilst visiting the Sydney Opera House a young lawyer had the chance to visit the auditorium , no one around walked unto the stage and started to sing. From the auditorium came a hand clap and a bemused voice rang out "that is sacrilegious". That is how I feel about the way they "slaughtered" this beautiful poem The Butterfly Ball....... The music was like something from Peter and the Wolf. One could not hear the beautiful voice of our beloved Dame Judy Dench. I have heard this poem as a poem not as something that was a mix of something horrible. The version I received I played once and was so disgusted that I shall never play it again. Please does anyone know where I can just get the version which is the beautiful poem. The writer of this poem would be turning in his grave if he could hear what they have done to it. Yes definitely SACRILEGIOUS. Need I say more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2014 9:13 AM GMT

Beatrix Potter - The Tales of Mrs Tiggy Winkle and Mr Jeremy Fisher [DVD]
Beatrix Potter - The Tales of Mrs Tiggy Winkle and Mr Jeremy Fisher [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatrix Potter, 20 Aug 2013
What child and adult would not loves this. One of the most beautiful stories ever told. This is a must in every household as is a Bible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3