Profile for 2Helenback > Reviews

Mythology (Ology Series)
Mythology (Ology Series)
by Dugald A. Steer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Sept. 2014
Very good price on this item, lovely book. Most pleased. Having to stop myself from handing it over to the children now, and waiting for Christmas!

Ragtales Tooth Fairy Doll (Girl)
Ragtales Tooth Fairy Doll (Girl)

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely little it, 8 Feb. 2014
Lovely doll in nice presentation box. Ordered in response to a new craze at school after one mum left a tooth fairy doll with the coin. My daughter wrote a note requesting one, and I had to hope that it was delivered before she wobbled her latest tooth out.
All adds to the magical web of lies we build into childhood. I wish I had been left this when I was small.

Ragtales Tooth Fairy Doll (Boy)
Ragtales Tooth Fairy Doll (Boy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little doll, not too 'girlyish' for my little bloke, 8 Feb. 2014
Beautiful. My daughter has the girl one. Someone at school left a doll as well as a coin, so letters were written and left with the tooth here too. Luckily I saw this one coming and had the dolls ordered in advance!
He is currently hiding in the wardrobe as my don's first wobbly tooth is proving to be a slow mover!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected., 8 Feb. 2014
Very good value, will not have to buy more for ages. Seem quite small heads, but as my dentist told me to use a small toothbrush for the tricky to get at teeth that is good.

Fun and Practical - AB Seas Stamp Set
Fun and Practical - AB Seas Stamp Set
Offered by Coln Gallery

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set, 3 Nov. 2013
Came packaged in a MASSIVE box! Easy enough to put together, and I sealed the stickers on to the top with clear nail varnish so they don't get worn off.
Only niggle is that the elastic that holds the box shut came away the 2nd time I opened it. Easy enough to glue back in, but at this price I'd hope for more durability!

The Very Hungry Zombie: A Parody
The Very Hungry Zombie: A Parody
by Jonathan Apple

5.0 out of 5 stars A stocking filler for my little zombie fans., 21 Sept. 2013
My kids love killing zombies on several apps, learning maths with Math Zombies, pretending to be zombies. This book isn't really meant for little ones, but it is going in my 4 year old's stocking. Funny and clever.

Broken Homes (PC Peter Grant Book Book 4)
Broken Homes (PC Peter Grant Book Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to standard., 12 Aug. 2013
Keeps the series ticking along nicely, with a twist at the end which I didn't see coming. As always the down to earth police characters juxtaposes well with the supernatural and magical elements of the story. So refreshing to have a fantasy series which is not a thinly disguised teen romance.
Next book quickly please Mr Aaronovitch!

The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)
The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 12 Aug. 2013
Beautifully written, with a twisting plot that unravels slowly. Lovely use of language and period detail. Sad and wonderful storytelling; I couldn't put this down.

Fire Spell
Fire Spell

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and awful all at once., 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fire Spell (Kindle Edition)
Warning: I am an old person reading this young persons' book, so scroll down if this fact offends you.
This book was captivating. Awful deeds and cruelty to make the reader shudder, with an interesting and involved plot and well developed characters. The language is beautiful, and I was glad of the dictionary on my Kindle on several occasions.
I would highly recommend this book to young and old alike.

The Pirates Next Door
The Pirates Next Door
by Jonny Duddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 30 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Pirates Next Door (Hardcover)
My nearly 5 year old girl loves this, and my 2 1/2 year old son insists there's a little girl called Nugget in his class at school (he doesn't go yet). We are a house of pirate fans, and this is the best of all the pirate books we've bought so far.

We've had this 24 hours and I think I've read it more than ten times already. The fab poster cover from the hardback is on daughter's door and both children stand staring in awe at all the piratey detail.

I love all the hidden pirate clues and details hidden in the fantastic illustrations. There are barrels of grog, and it actaully makes reference to how grandpa pirate came to have a hook instead of a hand: much better than the saccharine sanitised pirates you often get. This really works on so many levels, and I won't be hiding this one in the book box to avoid reading it again, as has happened with other less lovely books.

I'd definitely recommend this. Pirate mum could even become my fashion icon.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2012 2:05 PM BST