ARRAY(0xafe05d5c)

Profile for KARL SHERIDAN > Reviews

Content by KARL SHERIDAN

KARL SHERIDAN (East Riding of Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: 0.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Time waster!, 27 Oct 2013
I quite like the game and its neat with the 3D view. First part of the game takes a while to grasp what is required of you but there are clues supplied and once going you achieve quite a lot. However the second part of the game is harder because I found I reached a point where I just couldn't understand the clue..... or at least what was required. I gave up on it then until another time. Probably just me because I'm new to these sort of games..... i.e. I do have a life!

Jigsaw World
Jigsaw World
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Jigsaw World (App)
Its great for passing time while waiting or if bored. Not overtly taxing by any means and easy to action. Can recommend.

NIV Bible - Words of Christ in Red
NIV Bible - Words of Christ in Red
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible 4 Kindle, 24 Oct 2013
Bought to have in my Kindle for when travelling. Ideal and does what it says on the tin. The titles are a bit scattily placed but once you've used it a few times you get used to it. Actually quicker in church than using a hardback version and having to skim through the pages to find the relevant chapter....

Remember the 80s: Now That's What I Call Nostalgia
Remember the 80s: Now That's What I Call Nostalgia
by Richard Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 24 Oct 2013
The book is more orientated to pop music of the era than looking back at the 80's. I would have expected it to have included other more domestic things, but nevertheless if you're into music its fine.
I suppose that the title should have given me an indication as to the content.

Confidence 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Bike
Confidence 2 in 1 Elliptical Cross Trainer & Bike
Price: 82.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Jun 2013
We needed a decent but reasonably priced exercise machine that suited both of us and this appears to fit the bill. Assembly was fairly easy and logical, apart from the LH vs RH screw on the pedal bolts not being labelled - but not a major problem. It comes with tools but the flat 'bicycle' type spanner supplied is a no-no as I quickly discovered it hurts the palms of your hands when trying to tighten nuts up. Reverted to my proper metric spanner set from the garage!
The machine is well built and looks durable and is easily adjustable, however the only fault is that my wife is only 5ft 4 inches tall and the 'handle-bars' tend to be a fraction out of reach at full extent when she is sitting and peddling - its okay for me cos I'm taller, nevertheless we're working on that because I think I can reverse the handle bars holders from left to right to rectify the problem which will bring them an inch nearer. Overall we are pleased with it and it does 'do what it says on the tin!'
We can certainly recommend it.

East Anglian - Crow decoy with Legs and Stake
East Anglian - Crow decoy with Legs and Stake
Offered by Savage Island
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 23 May 2013
I was looking for a couple of plastic crows to use on our scarecrow for our village competition. These seemed to fit the bill (sorry for the pun!) They are excellent, both looking the part and being of durable plastic with legs to support them and at a reasonable price. Delivery was pretty quick.
Can recommend easily.

Voices of Eternity-Chants from the Holy Monastery
Voices of Eternity-Chants from the Holy Monastery
Price: 5.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to chill to!, 23 May 2013
Excellent selection of chants, both male and female - soothing to listen to and transports you to a tranquil world far away from the brash reality of real life.

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
by Sarah Young
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: 10.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying!, 13 May 2013
Saw 'Jesus Calling' mentioned while watching a program about the Amish in the USA. I decided to buy it and now read it every morning. Its a daily devotional and it offers the word of Jesus to you. It makes you think and reflect for the day, and if anything I prefer it to some of the more 'bible-bashing' types that are about. Its gentle verse and words inspire, so that even if you have doubts they are immediately dispelled and you are filled with hope. Its uncanny sometimes in that the page for the day almost homes in on your worries and concerns.
Its a nice sized book to carry with you if you go on holiday, and the deluxe edition is almost like real leather and wears well.
I can certainly recommend it, and many in our church have bought one as a result of reading mine. Can be used year after year.

The 1970s Scrapbook
The 1970s Scrapbook
by Robert Opie
Price: 12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars pure nostalgia, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The 1970s Scrapbook (Hardcover)
I choose this because the 1960's one was very good and full of things that I remember from cars to soap, aftershaves etc. Full colour and always makes friends sit and wonder at te things we all remember. Great at get together's.
Only gripe is that the explanations and notes are in a silly script. be much better in plain text.
Now waiting for the 80's one to appear.

Voices: Chant From Avignon
Voices: Chant From Avignon
Price: 9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxation!, 6 May 2013
I like relaxing music and found the 'Chant' kind of music ideal. This CD is really good value and can transport you away to a place of peace and solitude, and the Nuns have lovely voices. Well worth buying if you wish to 'chill-out'.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3