Profile for C. Doolan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Twelve Miles From Rome: A Lucius Marius Nola Mystery
Twelve Miles From Rome: A Lucius Marius Nola Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Read., 17 Dec. 2015
I really did enjoy reading this story as the author spent a lot of time letting Lucius fill in his own past and background so that you really got to know the kind of man he was. It made the rest of his adventure all the more interesting and I look forward to the next book in the series.

Goodmans GDSB04BT50 50W 2.1 Speaker Bar Theatre System
Goodmans GDSB04BT50 50W 2.1 Speaker Bar Theatre System
Offered by Crampton And Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Considering the price I think this is a pretty good speaker, 29 Nov. 2015
Considering the price I think this is a pretty good speaker. I'm glad they put in a couple of different connections because the audio out would not work on my Samsung tv but it works fine with the audio and headphone connection. Watching the Davis Cup right now and the sound is great so if you want a cheaper option with reasonable sound then this is it.

Ceramic casserole dish with lid clay pot with small handles 1 litre
Ceramic casserole dish with lid clay pot with small handles 1 litre
Offered by ceramicsshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 20 Nov. 2015
I've used this a lot since I bought it and I can't fault it. It is also easy to clean. A really good buy.

Journey Under the Midnight Sun
Journey Under the Midnight Sun

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Read., 12 Oct. 2015
After Malice I wondered what I was going to get. There is no point writing about the plot if your going to read the book so all I will say is that this couldn't be more different from Malice. The plot is spanned out over twenty years and boy is it a goody, so if you like murder with mystery you'll really enjoy this. Pity I have to wait till next year for the next novel to be translated.

Catsan Smart Pack Cat Litter
Catsan Smart Pack Cat Litter
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

3.0 out of 5 stars I gave it three stars not because it is a bad product it isn't, 30 Sept. 2015
I tried this a couple of weeks ago. I gave it three stars not because it is a bad product it isn't. Catsan litter is an excellent cat litter and the nappy idea is great, but if like me you have a large cat who thinks he's Charles Bronson in the Great Ecape ( Danny the tunnel king for any aliens visiting who haven't seen the movie) then you may find it dissapointing. My big fella had the nappy part in shreds the first time he used it and I have a large litter tray. I think i might be cheaper to buy a pack of pampers and cover it with Catsan because the part of this that goes over the sides of the tray is just soft tissue like paper and cat claws soon make quick work of it. If your cat just llikes to do his business and scarper then this is for you.

Coloring Book For Adults - Relaxing, Anti-Stress and Therapetic Coloring Book
Coloring Book For Adults - Relaxing, Anti-Stress and Therapetic Coloring Book

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 13 Sept. 2015
Don,t be fooled by the great pictures you can colour they are TINY and can,t be enlarged on you screen. which rather defeats the whole purpose.

Colorfy: Coloring Book for Adults - Best Free App
Colorfy: Coloring Book for Adults - Best Free App

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN, 26 Aug. 2015
Like this a lot. Don't even mind paying for extra colours.

Monument Valley
Monument Valley

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 27 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Monument Valley (App)
This is a fabulous game whose only flaw is that it is much too short. The graphics and use of geometry along with optical illusion is sheer genius and after having had the good fortune to get this as a free app of the day I immediately purchased the next instalment. I hope there is more to come we need more games of this calibre that get your brain working overtime without raising your blood pressure.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Got my little wonder this morning. Brilliant!!!!!! I love it already. And so tiny, no big hulking box . 10 stars.

Into Thin Air: A personal account of the Everest disaster
Into Thin Air: A personal account of the Everest disaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Honest, 14 Feb. 2015
The closest I have been to mountains is a coach ride through the Cairngorms but
I have always been fascinated by mountain climbing documentaries and movies. There is something reassuring about watching others struggle with the elements and their own strengths and weaknesses from the comfort of your recliner while you wonder what you yourself would do under similar circumstances. However this book was different, it was impossible to remain detached from the people you met as you turned each page and so their desperate situation had a real effect on me. One thing struck me as particularly horrifying. I had no idea that so many of those that have died on Everest are still there. Reading about climbers calmly walking past or even stepping over the frozen corpse of another human being who had died several years or even decades before gave me the shudders. It seems that when it comes to this mountain nothing matters except getting to the top even if it means you end up another casualty who may end up being passed by future generations of climbers eager to get to the top of the world. This is a fantastic book written by a man who is not afraid to question his own part in the disaster. You won't be able to put it down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10