Profile for chopsuey > Reviews

Content by chopsuey

chopsuey

Roberts Duologic DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio with Built-in Battery Charger - Black
Price: 60.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radio for. the money., 10 Feb 2014
Good sound for size. Very easy to use. Not heavy on bass but overall a very good radio for the money. This is our second Robert radio and we ate delighted with it. Would recommend to anyone wanting a radio suitable for any room.

The Gentle Art of Stitching: 40 Projects Inspired by Everyday Beauty
The Gentle Art of Stitching: 40 Projects Inspired by Everyday Beauty
by Jane Brocket
Price: 13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Fantastic!, 14 July 2013
I had this book as a birthday present and it certainly doesn't disappoint. I love the projects contained within the book and will certainly be trying some of them out, mainly as embellishments to my own projects. I want to try the lovely vintage embroidery which looks simple but so effective. As a lifelong dressmaker I have never bothered with embroidery, as garments and soft furnishings etc are my usual projects but this book inspires you to have a go at the relatively simple art of embroidery, so wish me luck, I will try to be neat this time, I just love the daisies. I will try to update this review when I've completed a project ot two later in the year.

Stress proof your life (52 Brilliant Ideas)
Stress proof your life (52 Brilliant Ideas)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress proof your life, 10 Nov 2012
I am very pleased with this book, which was a Kindle freebie. It's full of ideas to achieve a stress free life, not all of which will apply to everyone. I am retired, but still found some good relaxation techniques in there, many of which are easy-peasy to do. and I skipped the obvious areas like stresses-out mums which didn't apply. Fantastic book, anyone who's feeling stressed should give it a go, the price is right!