Profile for S. Hogg > Reviews

Content by S. Hogg

S. Hogg (Glasgow, Scotland)

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Aug 2013
A couples account of buying a bar in Tenerife What an entertaining well written read . Very surprised as I'm not fan of this kind of genre . Read it in no time

Whiskey Sour - A Thriller (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries Book 1)
Whiskey Sour - A Thriller (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great read, 23 Jun 2013
Brilliant lead and supporting characters ,good plot and pacing quite the page turner. Looking forward to reading the next book

Sleepwalkers
Sleepwalkers

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sleepwalkers (Kindle Edition)
A Great Entertaining conspiracy thriller that was quite a page turner despite a few slow bits .It was also quite unpredictable .

Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin
Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 22 Nov 2012
A great read. Hollywood director/writer Paul Feig is brutally honest about his embarrassing and cringe inducing love life but very funny at the same time

Brilliant Cover Letters: What You Need to Know to Write a Truly Brilliant Cover Letter (Brilliant Business)

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise guide to writing a great cover letter, 31 Oct 2009
I bought this book as I wanted to send out a few speculative applications and needed a punchy cover letter to increase my chances in the current climate. This book told me everything I needed to know in order to sell myself in the best possible way and also to compliment my CV. I liked the fact it also included example letters and also letters detailing different things like how to ask for a reference from your current employer. I would recommend this book as a handy reference guide!

The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique
The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy book!, 31 Oct 2009
I bought this book to help me with my interview technique as I was unsure of what to expect nowadays. It had been a few years since my last interview and i needed to find a book which provided realistic answers to difficult interview questions. I liked this book as it included some of the weird and wonderful questions which now seem to be part of the recruitment process for many employers. I also liked the fact that the book has a section on how to handle the offer process which I didn't feel confident with. All in all, a good entertaining book with helpful information. I thoroughly recommend it and hopefully you too can shine in interview just as I did!

The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV
The CV Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect CV

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 31 Oct 2009
I bought the CV book to help me put together a credible CV in todays current tough job market. I looked at a few books of similar ilk but chose this book as I had read the Interview book by the same author and found it easy to read in a non-patronising way. This CV book didnt disappoint. I really was clueless re how to write a CV and what employers want to see and more importantly what not to add in. My old CV was 4 pages long and had I not read the book, I would not have known how to condense it down to 2 pages of succinct information to sell my skills in the best way. I hadn't thought about it before but the CV is the best selling technique to get an interview and this book really helped show me how to go about this.
PS I got a new job with help from this book and the Interview book.Very happy customer!