Profile for Mr. M. A. McKay-dirden > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. A. McKa...

Mr. M. A. McKay-dirden (Birmingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Good Boy Dog Toy Treat Ball Puzzle (Colours May Vary)
Good Boy Dog Toy Treat Ball Puzzle (Colours May Vary)
Offered by Pet-Bliss - Delivering WORLDWIDE

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for crocodiles, 14 Dec. 2015
If your dogs like chewing stuff up then save your money. One of my dogs took half the lid off almost instantly. The other dog then dog bored of knocking it with his nose & instead bit the rest of the plastic off leaving 1 big hole. Not sure how much they'll be interested in chewing the rest of the ball.

Braun Oral-B Ortho Care Essentials
Braun Oral-B Ortho Care Essentials

1.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B Ortho Care Essentials TOOTHBRUSH HEADS, 14 Oct. 2015
There seems to be no way for me to report a product so I reluctantly write a review to make my point. I ordered this expecting a toothbrush with 3 heads because the title makes no mention of "toothbrush heads" like other honest product pages. Despite the bullet points this product does not "Provides effective and convenient cleaning" as there is no brush to do the cleaning. Sadly I opened the pack expecting to find a brush and so can't return it so will go to Asda/Boots to by a toothbrush instead.

Please amend your product title/add a bullet point at the top of the page that specifies this product is only heads, no toothbrush included

Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set
Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - with some help, 13 April 2015
I got this as I gave up on my hair growing back (only 26 :[). Main points:
1. I like that it is a standard UK plug rather than these strange 2-pin plugs only found in hotels
2. Doesn't cut to completely bald but as short as stubble effect then you can just run it over with a normal hand razor (or pay $$ for an electric one)

Perixx DX-1000XL, Gaming Mouse Pad - 400x320x3mm Dimension - Non-slip Rubber base - Special Treated Textured Weave
Offered by Perixx UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 Feb. 2015
I wanted a big mousemat for gaming, it's a big mousemat

iBoutique ColourJets USB Dancing Fountain Speakers for PC/Mac/MP3 Players/Mobile Phones/Tablets - Jet Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best - possibly annoying for some, 6 Feb. 2015
I got these for my PC after the other speakers broke. The sound quality isn't the best but then you buy for the look rather than that. However, the water makes a splashing noise...personally I've gotten used to this & just discard it automatically when watching shows but for some I guess this would really annoy them.

My mom said she wanted some for her TV because of the colours on the walls. If you're thinking similar then it's a good fit as you definitely wouldn't hear any splashing from distance.

Anyone who tends to watch certain movies while people are out I would not recommend get these as there is no volume adjuster on the speakers for emergency sound cancellation...you pervs know what I mean

EasyAcc Classic 5000mAh Power Bank Ultra Slim Portable External Battery Charger For iPhone Samsung HTC Nokia Smartphones - White+Orange

3.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions aren't everything, 6 Feb. 2015
I got this as it was the same dimensions as my phone (thinking perfect fit) but it's too awkward holding the one behind the other & turns out I don't use it much...only on the train sometimes.

I would have bought one of the tiny, round ones now if I could.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 9:36 AM GMT

LUJII USB Flash Drive Voice Recorder Pen Disk Digital Audio Recording Covert Surveillance 4GB
Offered by KimBe(Delivery15-23 days)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great! Listen for yourself (sample), 23 April 2014
I bought this to record the talks from events. I tried it out last month & was very happy with the quality. It recorded for about 5 hours (I forgot to turn it off) and wasn't flashing to say the battery was running low so it must last long.

Here's a sample of the sound quality: [...]

SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit & Miss, 14 Mar. 2014
This is hit & miss in our house. Occassionally my mom has to adjust them until it works better. It seems to work well on some but always goes dodgy with ITV1 / E4. BBC seems to work fine for whatever reason.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 101 Generation 2 16 GB USB Flash Drive - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars More than enough, 14 Mar. 2014
I got the 16gb usb because the prices were only slightly higher than 8gb. Honestly I wouldn't normally need that much space as I just wanted it to hold a few docs (10mb~) after my other 2 USBs died. My sister loaded it up with movies recently so it's not a fake 16gb but genuine. USB is pretty small & slim, better than my previous ones & fits in my wallet nicely.

Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ
Objects First with Java: A Practical Introduction Using BlueJ
by David J. Barnes

2.0 out of 5 stars Uni recommended reading (dont buy it unless you have money for 2 books!), 25 Oct. 2013
I got this because my university told me to for year 1 Java. Don't waste your money. I didn't find it very clear at all and struggled through year 1.

Instead I would strongly recommend Head First Design Patterns. Although it seems specific (design patterns) & so might be for more experienced people it actually explains the basic structure of Java code and OO programming for those with no experience. And it does it so much clearer than Objects First with Java. It basically saved me during second year and I comfortably graduated with a first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3