Profile for Wiltshire Dame > Reviews

Content by Wiltshire Dame

Wiltshire Dame (Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Henne Color Copper Henna Hair Colouring Cream 90 ml
Henne Color Copper Henna Hair Colouring Cream 90 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars My new go-to hair dye..., 16 Aug 2014
I used to use John Frieda or L'oreal hair mousse dyes but despite my best efforts to air the room, I would always come away feeling like I'd peeled a layer off the inside of my throat!

Now anything that would do that by simply being inhaled cannot be good for you, so I made the change and I'm so pleased because you can't even tell the difference between my old red brown and the copper colour of this dye.

The only difference I've experienced is that I have to dye it a bit more regularly, but because it's an already mixed paste I find it really easy to just apply to my roots. I often apply it just before getting into the bath with a good book... doesn't stain the splash back tiles and I can rinse off my hair without any worry of staining - plus I don't have to sit around waiting as henna does benefit from a slightly longer application time.

Highly recommended!

CITRONELLA, ESSENTIAL OIL Cymbopogon nardus 30ml
CITRONELLA, ESSENTIAL OIL Cymbopogon nardus 30ml
Offered by Essential Oils Direct (Retail)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for clearing out the flies..., 16 Aug 2014
In the hotter days I put about 5 drops into a candle and find within about 15-20 mins the flies have cleared out the house.

Lasts for about 2-3 hours then I may need to add more. Sure this would work well in an oil burner too!

White Pearl Citric Acid 100 g (Pack of 10)
White Pearl Citric Acid 100 g (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Used daily in the dishwasher..., 16 Aug 2014
Use this in the dishwasher to avoid streaks and cloudy buildup (I like to think it helps keep my dishwasher clean too - but I have no real proof of this.)

Have also made a paste and used it to lift stubborn limescale buildup in sinks and toilets which worked a charm and it's great at sorting the kettle out too!

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Spare yourself the torture..., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Paperback)
Like many of my fellow one star reviewers - I felt compelled to see what the hype was about and found that it was just that; hype... and perhaps an extraordinarily large marketing / bribe budget for how else would any self respecting journalist have found anything but scathing words for this book?

I was irritated by the first paragraph. I thought perhaps I should give it a tad longer but by the second page I felt that pulling my eyelashes out one by one would be less excruciating than reading any more of this book.

Another reviewer got it right; it was exactly like a teenager had sat with a thesaurus and tried to make it as overly descriptive as possible.

Save yourself and save a tree!

Magic Pet Hair Remover
Magic Pet Hair Remover
Offered by FishAround Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite magical but okay..., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Magic Pet Hair Remover (Misc.)
I have a high shedding pug / bichon mix pup with fine hair and while this does an adequate job of removing hairs it doesn't get all the really fine hairs which is disappointing.

re-TREE-ver Stick with squeaker Purple pk6
re-TREE-ver Stick with squeaker Purple pk6

5.0 out of 5 stars Pup loves this!, 7 May 2014
My pug / bichon mix really loves playing fetch with this stick. Being a smaller breed he has trouble holding a large ball in his mouth but the size of this is just right plus it has the added bonus of doubling up as a great tugging toy so highly recommended.

Salters Puppy Food (2)
Salters Puppy Food (2)
Offered by Cotswold Pet Services

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for my pup..., 7 May 2014
This review is from: Salters Puppy Food (2) (Misc.)
Had this brand recommended to me for my poop eating dog. It didn't help; turned out the poop eating was because he has a sensitive tummy so he was dining out twice so to speak because of the all undigested food still in his poop. It may work for your dog but it didn't for mine. We're on cold pressed food now which seems to have done the trick!

Mikki Training Anti-pull Harness with Reflective Collar, Small
Mikki Training Anti-pull Harness with Reflective Collar, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to help, 7 May 2014
Pup still pulls on the lead but not as much as before, which has taken some of his frantic energy on walks down a notch!

Starmark Bob-a-Lot Interactive Dog Toy, Large
Starmark Bob-a-Lot Interactive Dog Toy, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be without it!, 7 May 2014
I have a highly intelligent, highly active pug / bichon mix who needs loads of stimulation throughout the day and exercise alone, just doesn't cut it. Enter the bob-a-lot... he gets all his kibble meals put into this each day and loves "working" to get his food. Highly recommended boredom buster - had it almost two months now and it's still going strong.

Travel-Eze Dog Travel Sickness Tablets - Johnson's (TP)(JTST)
Travel-Eze Dog Travel Sickness Tablets - Johnson's (TP)(JTST)
Offered by Pet Connection

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps my nervous pup, 7 May 2014
I have a pug / bichon mix who gets nervous of car trips and starts to salivate but I find these help. Have had to give him an extra tablet from the recommended two for his weight (8kg) and have to allow 45 minutes to an hour for it work but when it kicks in it definitely helps to alleviate his symptoms.

Page: 1 | 2