Profile for Edmund Rogers > Reviews

Content by Edmund Rogers

Edmund Rogers

GL Fashions Men's Casual Long Sleeve Double Collar Dress Shirt - Dark Grey (Taupe) - L
Offered by glfashions

5.0 out of 5 stars Heed advice of getting a size bigger!, 12 April 2014
I know everyone else has already said this, but definitely get a size bigger than you normally do.

My chest is 40" and my waist is 31", so I normally get a 'medium' in England and my waist is swamped. I think they assume that your waist is about 2 inches less than your chest these days. The nearest I normally get is a Next 'fitted' shirt, although these are getting less and less common, replaced by the 'slim fit'.

I bought this shirt in a 'large' and it fits really very well. It has some stretch in it too which allows for any forward arm movement or dancing. The waist comes in nicely, but is long enough that you don't flash people when you raise your arms. You could tuck this shirt in comforably, but I feel it works better when untucked. The two collar thing is nice to vary things up a bit too, although don't expect to be able to go around with the sleeves folded back once like in the picture because it's totally uncomfortable and flapps about!

Overall great; I will buy again!

Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 12 April 2014
I can not overstate how glad I am to have started buying coconoil!

This stuff lasts you absolutaly ages. I know some people may not want to spend this sort of money on cooking fat (although that isn't it's only use!). However, we've had this last order for about 5 months.

It tastes great, and is widely known to be a highly stable fat for hot cooking, unlike olive oil or vegetable oil. I've also used this for moisturising and although it would make you a bit greasy if you used it every day, it's great when your skin is a bit dry!

So throw away your butter, veg and goundnut oil! Use coconoil for hot cooking and olive oil for salads and you'll be nice and healthy!

Pharmedics Wartenberg Neurological Sensory Muscle Testing Tool
Pharmedics Wartenberg Neurological Sensory Muscle Testing Tool
Offered by Hot UK Stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 April 2014
Just what was needed, no need for disposable pins now! Should last me a long time. Only gripe is the way it fits into it's little plastic case thing; it's a bit tight to I did away with it altogether.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 10:38 PM BST

HannsG HT231HPB 23 inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor
HannsG HT231HPB 23 inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2014
Works brilliantly with Windows 8.1. Touch screen works well and the resolution and screen quality is ecxellent. I have only found one 'dead' pixel on the screen which I noticed whilst doing some very close editing of a picture on photoshop.

The ability to get the screen nearly flat is useful for the reception where I'm using this monitor. It doesn't go completely flat though so bear that in mind when considering purchase.

Monitor speakers are tinny, but what do you expect from monitor speakers?

Comes with all the wires you need obviously. Was surprised to have four wires coming out of the back, but I guess you need it for the modern monitor (1 for touchscreen feedback, 1 for picure, 1 to power, and one optional one for sound to PC).

Overall, so so so good for the money!

Lenovo H535s Desktop (Black) (AMD A8 6500 3.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, AMD Radeon Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good Product, 12 April 2014
Bought as a work computer and have been using it now for a week.

Looks: Style is good, but don't expect it to be half the *size* of a normal desktop, it's more like 3/4 of the height, width and length. To be fair they do give dimensions, but I didn't measure them. It's probably half the *volume* of a normal desktop, which is still great!

Performance: So far is handling everything I have thrown at it; it's pretty quick. Can very easily handle daily tasks/itunes/internet/word etc. I haven't tried games on it or anything so if that's what you are buying it for I would buy a different machine. 6 GB RAM really shows when comparing to a 4GB machine. Processor also seems quick.

Features: Comes with keyboard and mouse, but don't be fooled by the misleading picture, they are not wireless as it may appear. Lenovo gives you a fair bit of software (not used so far) but no one can say they don't hold your hand. Plenty of ports for all of your USB's etc. Just make sure you get a touchscreen monitor for it for windows 8.1!

Overall: I think this PC is great for the money. For about £500 you can get this and a decent monitor and probably not have to upgrade for a good 3-5 years! Best used for work rather than gaming.

Hush Puppies Mens Belfast Oxford PL Oxford H103357 Black Leather 10 UK, 45 EU, 10.5 US

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I need them for, 12 April 2014
As a chiropractor, I need comfortable yet pretty smart shoes. I'm sick of brogues, which look good, but tand to hurt at the end of the day. These shoes are a great fit for me and have super grip. Very comfortable too.

Ideal.

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I got this sooner!, 12 April 2014
Mouse and keyboard worked perfectly within 1 minute of opening the box. You get a single *tiny* USB for both the keyboard and mouse, which doesn't stick out on a laptop or at the front of a desktop (where I currently have it). I just stuck it in the computer and pulled the battery tabs out of the devices and bingo; both were working immediately.

Quality is great; you wouldn't know this product was so cheap to buy.

Only thing I regret is not going wireless sooner! Not sure about battery life yet either, but I'm willing to pay for batteries to get less wires all up in my grill!

Reflex Nutrition - Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - 500g
Reflex Nutrition - Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - 500g
Offered by Ultimate Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Mar 2014
No problems with this product at all. Good quality stuff, looks like very fine salt which shows its quality.

Lasts for ages, doesn't have an aftertaste, increases endurance.

If buying creative, I always look for creapure as it seems to have a really good name and proven results.

Mens Roamers Leather Chelsea Boots Cushioned lining Black size 10
Mens Roamers Leather Chelsea Boots Cushioned lining Black size 10
Offered by Shoesbyclaire

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Mar 2014
These boots really are excellent. If given them, I would guess them to cost at least £50-60 which makes them great value for money.

The fit is just right, and they are both warm and extremely comfortable to walk in. Usually I would have to wear a shoe or boot for a few days before they feel right, but not these babies!

Not sure how long they will last, or how they are in puddles yet, but so far so good! They also look fine under jeans or smart trousers so can really be worn with anything.

A good buy!

Brand X Men's Driving Mocc Black Driving Shoe AM23011 10 UK
Brand X Men's Driving Mocc Black Driving Shoe AM23011 10 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 2 Mar 2014
I ordered a size 10 and found them to be too large, and therefore slippery at the heel. Adding to this, the soles are narrow and very thin, which makes you feel as though you are walking barefoot over gravel.

I realise they are driving shoes and not intended for walking, but I would at least like to be able to walk to the car without feeling like they are going to fall off or pierce my soles.

Maybe these just weren't the shoes for me, but I would suggest avoiding them if I were you as they feel cheap, my main reason for sending them back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2014 5:42 PM BST