Profile for Edmund Rogers > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Scholl DRMA7301UK Muscle Therapy Percussion Massager
Scholl DRMA7301UK Muscle Therapy Percussion Massager

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than a 'vibration only' massager, 29 Dec. 2014
To let you know how good this is, I'm a chiropractor and I use this tool as part of my arsenal to massage patients. It works well on tight muscle and fascia, particularly in the paraspinal muscles, gluteals and hamstrings. The reason this works so well is the 'percussion' element of the massager rather than vibration alone, which is all most other massagers do.

I only use one of the heads (the deep tissue one) and obviously don't need the extra arm, so I can't comment on it's use in other circumstances. I feel that if you were purchasing for personal/self use, it would be great for legs/gluteals, but very hard to use on your own back, but there you are. You can always get someone else to use it on you!

One more thing - if you have a problem which persists, please see a professional, this massager will only go so far.

Charles Wilson Men's Button Neck Cotton Jumper with Chambray Placket (Medium, Stone Marl)
Offered by Charles Wilson Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Jumper, 29 Dec. 2014
The fit of this jumper is perfect and it looks great. Quality is also very good and certainly worth the money. Buy it!

Modern Gloss White Metal Tripod Floor Lamp with a White Drum Shade
Modern Gloss White Metal Tripod Floor Lamp with a White Drum Shade
Offered by The Light Factory

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good for Price, 29 Dec. 2014
It's generally pretty good, cheap and easy to put together. Only downside is that the shade is made by putting two plastic sheets together with very obvious 'teeth' fitting them together that are very visable from the outside. However, what do you expect for the price? It works well.

Heavyweight Full Zip Hoodie Concealed IPod/ Phone Pocket, Reinforced Thumb Loops in Cuffs, Super Soft Peach Finish(L, Maroon)
Offered by T Rex Traders

3.0 out of 5 stars Zip and Fit were a problem, 29 Dec. 2014
Good points: This hoodie is quite thick and warm and the fabric is nice. It has a really nice sized hood and it good quality overall for the price. I also like the colour and the contrasting draw string.

Bad Points: After reading other comments I decided to go for a large, as I'm a medium in T-shirts and I wanted some space so I often go large for jackets/jumpers etc. This proved to be an error, as I could have smuggled a large watermelon with the excess fabric in the stomach area. I'm a 40" chest and a 31" waist though, so someone with a less athletic build would probably get on well with the hoodie.

The real problem however (as I'm sure the medium would have fitted better) was that the zip quality is awful. It took over a minute of 'wiggling' to get it up. To me this is a no-go with a hoodie, that let's face it - has only one moving part.

I'm currently sending the hoodie back for a refund, so will give less stars if they mess me about at all!

Freshen Up Your Feet Mens Pack Of Five Bright Coloured Socks L
Freshen Up Your Feet Mens Pack Of Five Bright Coloured Socks L
Offered by Debenhams

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Dec. 2014
These are socks, so I'm not sure what to write... they fit well and the fabric is soft. The colours matched the picture. All in all, very happy.

Hawkdale Mens Full Grain Leather Belt - 1.5" (40mm) - Black and Brown # HD-811-398
Offered by Oakgrain Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars This belt is perfect for what I needed it for, 29 Dec. 2014
This belt is perfect for what I needed it for, which was to keep my trousers up and look good doing so. It fits well; I'm a 32" waist and got the medium which is perfect. The leather seems real. It may be a bit on the thick side for some trousers, but not any of mine.

GL Fashions Men's Casual Long Sleeve Double Collar Dress Shirt - Dark Grey (Taupe) - L
Offered by glfashions

5.0 out of 5 stars Heed advice of getting a size bigger!, 12 April 2014
I know everyone else has already said this, but definitely get a size bigger than you normally do.

My chest is 40" and my waist is 31", so I normally get a 'medium' in England and my waist is swamped. I think they assume that your waist is about 2 inches less than your chest these days. The nearest I normally get is a Next 'fitted' shirt, although these are getting less and less common, replaced by the 'slim fit'.

I bought this shirt in a 'large' and it fits really very well. It has some stretch in it too which allows for any forward arm movement or dancing. The waist comes in nicely, but is long enough that you don't flash people when you raise your arms. You could tuck this shirt in comforably, but I feel it works better when untucked. The two collar thing is nice to vary things up a bit too, although don't expect to be able to go around with the sleeves folded back once like in the picture because it's totally uncomfortable and flapps about!

Overall great; I will buy again!

Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Coconoil - Original Virgin Coconut Oil - 3 x 460g (Triple Pack)
Offered by Coconoil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 12 April 2014
I can not overstate how glad I am to have started buying coconoil!

This stuff lasts you absolutaly ages. I know some people may not want to spend this sort of money on cooking fat (although that isn't it's only use!). However, we've had this last order for about 5 months.

It tastes great, and is widely known to be a highly stable fat for hot cooking, unlike olive oil or vegetable oil. I've also used this for moisturising and although it would make you a bit greasy if you used it every day, it's great when your skin is a bit dry!

So throw away your butter, veg and goundnut oil! Use coconoil for hot cooking and olive oil for salads and you'll be nice and healthy!

Pharmedics Wartenberg Neurological Sensory Muscle Testing Tool
Pharmedics Wartenberg Neurological Sensory Muscle Testing Tool
Offered by EMS Medical Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 April 2014
Just what was needed, no need for disposable pins now! Should last me a long time. Only gripe is the way it fits into it's little plastic case thing; it's a bit tight to I did away with it altogether.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 10:38 PM BST

HannsG HT231HPB 23-Inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor
HannsG HT231HPB 23-Inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2014
Works brilliantly with Windows 8.1. Touch screen works well and the resolution and screen quality is ecxellent. I have only found one 'dead' pixel on the screen which I noticed whilst doing some very close editing of a picture on photoshop.

The ability to get the screen nearly flat is useful for the reception where I'm using this monitor. It doesn't go completely flat though so bear that in mind when considering purchase.

Monitor speakers are tinny, but what do you expect from monitor speakers?

Comes with all the wires you need obviously. Was surprised to have four wires coming out of the back, but I guess you need it for the modern monitor (1 for touchscreen feedback, 1 for picure, 1 to power, and one optional one for sound to PC).

Overall, so so so good for the money!

Page: 1 | 2