Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection [Blu-ray] [1942] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ James Stewart
Offered by A2ZSupplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame we couldn't watch Psycho ..., 30 April 2016
Nice box set. Some excellent movies; some a little less so. My biggest niggle is that the disc with Psycho on just would not play on our machine. All the other discs were fine, so suspect it was a bad pressing. Took us a while to watch all these movies, and now it's too late to get a replacement. Sigh.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2016 1:43 PM BST

Millie Marotta's Wild Savannah: A Colouring Book Adventure (Colouring Books)
Millie Marotta's Wild Savannah: A Colouring Book Adventure (Colouring Books)
by Millie Marotta

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner., 11 Feb. 2016
I like Millie Marotta's books (I have the first two already) so I pre-ordered this one and it arrived this morning. I've only had a quick flick through, but I like very much what I've seen so far. The format is very similar to the first two books, which is great, as it doesn't need changing.

The designs are just the right size for colouring with pencil or gel pens. Nice subjects too.

An absolute bargain for a nicely presented book on decent paper (unlike some).

Keep them coming Millie ...

Moto G Premium Quality Screen Protector : Crystal Clear HD edition (2 in Pack - Front) by TUFFskinz

2.0 out of 5 stars Might be a great product, but it's the wrong size for my ..., 22 April 2015
Might be a great product, but it's the wrong size for my phone! Part of the problem is probably the names of the Moto G phones ... mine is the 5" 2nd gen model. Sigh.

Master Class Stainless Steel Double-Walled Insulated Butter Dish with Lid
Master Class Stainless Steel Double-Walled Insulated Butter Dish with Lid

1.0 out of 5 stars Rust marks appeared after just once use, 8 Oct. 2014
Out of the box it looked great. Used it just the once and there were brown rust marks on the lid. Sent it back.

2016 one day to a page diary A5 size with metal corner
2016 one day to a page diary A5 size with metal corner
Offered by Shopping Bazar

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ... six and two half days to the week, 8 Oct. 2014
I too specifically ordered this diary to get 7 pages per week. Got six and two halves. Incorrect description.

3 BLACK HAIRDRESSERS HAIR CLAW / CLIP / CLAMPS
3 BLACK HAIRDRESSERS HAIR CLAW / CLIP / CLAMPS

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware, the description is incorrect - you don't get ..., 29 Aug. 2014
Beware, the description is incorrect - you don't get three black clips. I received one white, one green and one black. I had hoped for three black from the description.
They were well packaged and seem to do the job.

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, just excellent!, 4 Aug. 2013
Occasionally there's a gem in amongst the freebies on Amazon; this is one.

I read the whole book in under 24 hours (and slept and did other normal things). It's rare that a book grabs me this way - I've been lucky this year finding Patrick Rothfuss and now Jodi Taylor.

Nicely paced, well-edited.

Can't wait for more of the same.

Who is Jodi Taylor? Is this really her first novel?

A Legacy of Shetland Lace
A Legacy of Shetland Lace
by Shetland Guild of Spinners

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 17 Jun. 2013
This is a lovely book with some beautiful patterns in. I got my copy this morning and don't know where to start.

However, I did start by reading the back cover - it's a shame that no-one else read it before going to press as I spotted four typos. However, from what I've read inside the covers so far, the rest of it looks good.

If you're going to start a project from this book, check out the Ravelry group for errata first. I've yet to see a knitting book that the publisher can get right first time!

The Ravelry group is good and they are very responsive to questions and queries.

Now to order some yarn ...

CyberStorm
CyberStorm

5.0 out of 5 stars Book your escape route early, 4 May 2013
This review is from: CyberStorm (Kindle Edition)
I read this over the course of two days which was pretty intensive reading for me.

I was drawn in to this book and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking how I'd cope in a similar situation. I live in a rural setting so we're used to a more fragile infrastructure - no mobile phone signal and occasional elec and water outages.

I enjoyed reading this book; the writing and editing were excellent, which was refreshing. It was well paced and kept me (virtual) page-turning long after I should have been working or sleeping.

Atopica is next on my list to read.

The Channel War (The Norothian Cycle Book 5)
The Channel War (The Norothian Cycle Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Five and still going strong, 21 April 2013
The fifth book in the Norothian Cycle, The Channel War is the continuing saga of a great cast of characters who I feel I know quite well now. Don't get too attached to anyone though, the author isn't above making you sit up when he polishes off a character!

This book centres on a war between various factions fighting over different bits of land and I found the maps useful (available from [...]), but I would like higher resolution versions. They're OK on my 10" tablet, but I don't always have that with my (monochrome) Kindle.

One of the really nice things about this series is that the writer can write. OK, there's an occasional typo, but the standard of grammar, punctuation, spelling etc is excellent. The dialogue flows well as does the pace of the tale.

There are dragons, wizards, demons and other monsters, but somehow they're quite believable without being silly.

I'm looking forward to the next volume now ...

Page: 1 | 2