Profile for Pipsqueak > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Love Changes Everything: The Collection
Love Changes Everything: The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit, 29 Jun 2013
I have several Michael Ball CD's and this is now one of my favourites, I love nearly all of the song choices and came across some new fabulous new ones, like Every Story, written by Elton John and Tim Rice from their Broadway show, Aida. I will be playing this CD a lot.

Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book
Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book
by Judy Martin
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A real stunner, 29 Jun 2013
I saw this book when a friend was making something from it and instantly knew I had to have a copy myself. The designs are stunning, I know I will attempt to make several. They are not for the novice quilter but this is easily the best log cabin book I've come across.

Tis the Autumn Season: Fall Quilts and Decorating Projects
Tis the Autumn Season: Fall Quilts and Decorating Projects
by Shelley Wicks

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely designs, 29 Jun 2013
This is a very nice book full of autumn quilt and cushion designs. I will definitely use some of them, I just wish there had been a few more designs.

Letts Slim 18 Months Two Weeks to View Academic Diary for 2013/ 2014 - Pink
Letts Slim 18 Months Two Weeks to View Academic Diary for 2013/ 2014 - Pink
Offered by LBM The Art & Stationery Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Jun 2013
I wanted a diary that covered part of this year and next that would fit into my bag and this does the trick perfectly

ResultSport® Level 1 Foam Padded Weighted 1.2kg (2.65lb) Fitness Exercise Hula Hoop 100cm wide

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Jun 2013
This is an excellent exercise hoop, not too heavy, although slight weighted, and well padded. Highly recommend for giving yourself a tummy workout.

Heartfelt: The Dark House Collection
Heartfelt: The Dark House Collection
by Kim Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous patterns as always, 29 Jun 2013
I love Kim Hargreaves pattern books and particularly thepeplum jackets she always includes. There is a beautiful one in this book, Erin, that I know I will make more than once, this was the reason i bought this book.

East Quilts West (Needlework and Quilting)
East Quilts West (Needlework and Quilting)
by Kumiko Sudo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 16 Jun 2013
I recently came across Kumiko's books and have found them very difficult to buy in the UK, so was pleased to find East Quilts West on the Marketplace. I had seen photos of some of the quilts on a US site but when the book arrived it wasn't what I was expecting, not of the designs seemed to be in it. They are very complicated and consist of a lot of overlaid applique or fiddly piece work. The designs are very nice but to be honest I think I will only attempt possibly one of them. So it was quite disappointing, I think her later books are more user friendly.

One Day
One Day
Offered by Side Two

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: One Day (Audio CD)
I loved the film and thought I loved the music score, but on receipt of this CD found that I only like about half of the songs, but some are very nice, particularly Elvis Costello singing Sparkling Days and the three Rachel Portman tracks at the end.

200 Quilting Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets
200 Quilting Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets
by Susan Briscoe

3.0 out of 5 stars I already have it, so have lost money!, 16 Jun 2013
I realised, on receipt of this book, that I already have it under the title Compendium of Quilting Techniques, which was a big shame as I was so looking forward to it arriving and learning new techniques and a few trade secrets. I contacted Susan Briscoe, the author, and she replied to my e-mails very quickly, explaining how this had happened, one a UK publisher and one a US publisher. She has tried to explain this on the Amazon site and had left a note again, so hopefully this will be clearer for future purchasers. The Marketplace seller offered me a refund although i have now lost two lots of postage costs and ended up with no book. I've paid out good money for this error, yet have nothing to show for it, a fault that really should be rectified.

Prize Country Quilts
Prize Country Quilts
by Mary Elizabeth Johnson Huff

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Prize Country Quilts (Hardcover)
I had high hopes for this book and thought that with so many pages there would be at least a handful of good quilting patterns in it, but I see now why no one has reviewed it and why it was so cheap. It's a strange book and there are only one or two designs that I like and might use, perhaps not. There are templates for all the designs although I prefer rotary cutting but the patterns are not suitable for this. Overall a mistake buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9