Profile for Pipsqueak > Reviews

Facial Fitness
Facial Fitness
by Patricia Goroway

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Facial Fitness (Paperback)
This book is excellent, there are masses of facial exercises, I think it's one of the best of this kind and highly recommend it.

Inspirational Applique: Reflections of Faith, Hope and Love (That Patchwork Place)
by Cheryl Almgren Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 27 Oct 2013
I really love this book, the ideas are based on simple themes but are really gorgeous and unusual. I could easily make most of them.

Award Winning Quilts Calendar
Award Winning Quilts Calendar
by Martingale
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful quilts, 27 Oct 2013
The quilts in this calendar are stunning, there is no question about that, and I shall use them for ideas. I can't imagine how many hours of work have gone into each one. They are some of the most beautiful you will see, particularly the feather design.

Until You're Mine
Until You're Mine
by Samantha Hayes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow and wow again, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Hardcover)
This was definitely the best read of the year, even though I go through a lot of police crime novels I wasn't able to second guess the ending at all. I am now happily working my way through her other books. Until Your Mine is an excellently executed novel and once I finished it I wanted to start all over again to see where everyone fitted in and spot the little nuances I'd missed. She has such a clever way of writing that keeps you going, I could easily have read it in one sitting.

Beethoven: Forever By the Sea
Beethoven: Forever By the Sea
Offered by musica

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely relaxing music, 3 Oct 2013
Another really good CD from the Solitudes collection, something to relax with. These CD's are perfect to listen to when you go to bed, the music lulls you to a relaxing sleep.

Dan Gibson's Solitudes: Angels of the Sea
Dan Gibson's Solitudes: Angels of the Sea

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, relaxing music, 3 Oct 2013
Another stunning CD from the Solitudes collection. These are perfect CD's to play when you go to bed, the relaxing music lulls you to a restful sleep.

Sleepy Ocean
Sleepy Ocean

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sleepy Ocean (Audio CD)
I was areally looking forward to receiving this CD as I'd listened to some of it on the Amazon site and the ocean waves sounded wonderful, something to relax to. However, the reality was a bit different and when you play more of it, the ocean sounds actually start to sound more like white background noise, which woke me up rather than send me to sleep. Such a shame. I did try it at different volumes and it was always the same.

Sirdar Soft Cotton Aran Lady's Cardigan Knitting Pattern: To fit bust 28"/32" 34"/38" 40"/44" 71/81cm 86/97cm 102/112cm
by Sirdar

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous pattern, 3 Oct 2013
This is a beautiful aran pattern, a bit different from the norm, and I intend making it in a couple of colours. Sometimes you come across a vintage pattern that is really stunning and this is one of those.

Pachelbel: Forever By the Sea
Pachelbel: Forever By the Sea
Offered by MMT-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous music to nod off with, 3 Oct 2013
I owned this CD some years ago and then it disappeared from my collection so I was thrilled to buy it again. It is one of my favourites for lulling you to sleep, very relaxing and a beautiful rendition of the famous piece.

The Sleeper
The Sleeper

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent thriller, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Sleeper (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book, and like other reviewers, found it difficult to put down. The main character, Cass, was not the most endearing of people and at times I found her actions very frustrating and stupid alongside her inability to take positive action rather than let herself be manipulated by everyone. The storyline was brilliant but there were long stretches of description without dialogue, sometimes on two consecutive pages that I started to scan a bit towards the end. Although I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and could have sat down and gone through it even quicker if I'd had the time, it did seem a bit disjointed in places, and the final conclusion suddenly happened over a couple of pages so that the reader was left with wanting a bit more to stretch the last couple of chapters out with a fuller end. Having said that I would definitely read more from this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10