Profile for skinnyfat > Reviews

skinnyfat

Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 500GB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work after ~4 months, 22 Nov 2014
I have owned this for four months, used it around 8 times for backing up my laptop, and kept it in a safe place. All of a sudden it is no longer working. No computer can read it, and I can't reformat or erase the drive to start again, no matter how hard I try. Very disappointed and frustrated
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 1:41 PM GMT

SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New Iphone 5/5S/5C Crystal Clear Screen Protectors (Released 2013) 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Case Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Nov 2014
Got some ebay ones for cheap and they scratched instantly when applying it.. Got these ones from amazon and they're perfect. Amazing quality and have been using for a while and not the slightest sign of any scratch

Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Offered by LTZmart

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk waste of money, 5 Nov 2014
This does not work at all. Got it as an xmas gift for my dad last year. It was temperamental turning on, crashed every time I started recording, and is horrible to use. After 1 day stopped working all together. Embarrassing. Don't know how it gets good reviews

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Please do your research before use, 3 Aug 2012
I'm 26 and have a double crown which is thinning badly. It's horrible to look at (see here [...]) and I bought this minoxidil as it seemed like a savior for my hair. I read up a lot on it, and looked at what I wanted to see. There seemed to be a lot of success stories.

A month later, and although I am still in the shedding stage, I have decided to quit. Why? I read a LOT deeper into the post-minoxidil condition of your hair i.e. Once you stop using, you new hairs will fall out rapidly and you run a risk of losing more hair than before starting minoxidil.

I do not want to be reliant on minoxidil, and I want to quit before I do too much damage; it seems the longer minoxidil is used, the worst this post-minoxidil shedding of hair is.

Let me emphasize that this product from this company seems perfectly fine. A nice little applicator, and it seems to have worked for other people. I had no side effects (here is a photo taken of my hair after one month use [...]), I'd rather just accept my balding as it slowly happens, and buzz off my hair when the time comes rather than be dependent on this with no guarantee of actual regrowth.

TL;DR: Your hair will likely become dependent on this. It may work in regrowing hairs, but just be aware of what you are getting in for.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2013 11:52 PM GMT

Lenovo G570 15.6 inch Notebook (Core i5-2410M, RAM 6GB, HDD 640GB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop for the price, 25 Aug 2011
My g570 wasn't bought from Amazon, but thought I would leave feedback regarding the laptop anyway.

As a student and part-time freelance graphic designer, I needed something powerful yet not too expensive. After literally weeks of research and checking reviews, I decided on the g570. Mine features a core i5, AMD dedicated 1gb graphics, 6gb ram, 750gb hard drive, blueray player. Overall I am very happy with it, but there are a few cons worth mentioning. These are just personal issues.

PROS:
Nice styling/general design,
Brushed aluminium fascia/keyboard surround
Keys have a nice shape and feel
Great touchpad with pinch-zoom feature
Excellent spec
Stays cool and quiet, even when sitting flat on a desk.
Battery life is decent.
Lenovo's power management control allows you to keep the battery at 50% charge, which apparently increases the life of the battery.

CONS:
Poor screen. Mine came with a slight blue/cool tint so needed to adjust it by eye, via the colour management setting in the control panel. It also has poor viewing angles and isn't very punchy. Furthermore I wish it was a matte screen (rare in today's laptop market for some reason)
Shiny plastic lid and screen surround: fingerprint magnet.
Narrower delete/backspace and enter keys, resulting in my finger constantly pushing 'numlock' or 7 on the numpad. (i'm sure I will get used to this in no time)
The chassis and hinges aren't exactly robust.

Overall, I don't believe you can get a better laptop with this spec for the money. I initially wanted a macbook pro, but the price was at least triple this cost for a similar spec. I also went to so many stores to have a look at what was on offer and get a feel, and most of the equivalent laptops from acer, asus, hp, dell etc just didn't 'feel' right for me (too much shiny plastic, horrible buttons and keys, bad build quality etc.)

Finally, this is my first go with the Lenovo brand, and so far i'm very happy with them.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2012 12:02 PM BST

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth getting, 19 Aug 2011
As a student, I'm pretty broke. I wanted to join a gym, but couldn't justify the 20~30 pound per month fee. I decided to get these and started to work on a new routine.

With these weights, I can effectively do the following exercises:
Shoulders: Shoulder press; lateral raises; front raises; bent over raises; shrugs
Arms: Bicep curls; tricep extensions; tricep kickbacks
Legs: Dumbell squats; dumbell lunges
Chest' Flys
Back: Lawnmower (one arm) rows; bent over rows

I then combine these exercises with jogging around a lake by my house, and using monkey bars at the park for pull ups/chin ups, hanging leg raises, and do push ups and sit ups at home.

So I have cut out the middle-man (the gym) saving myself a lot of money. The dumbells have allowed me to focus on a lot of muscle groups that would be difficult to do using bodyweight-only exercises. They are made from metal with nice rubber-gripped handles. Not much more to say really. My only gripe is these little crappy plastic spinlocks that loosen a little after every set of exercises.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2014 9:46 PM BST