Profile for Simon Warner > Reviews

2010
Offered by Global_Deals
Price: 2.13

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 out of 10 tracks, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: 2010 (Audio CD)
I would disagree with the two star rating; 8 out of 10 tracks I would say here are excellent, it's only the Africa HiTech and the De Tropix tracks I don't like (can 2010 tracks already sound dated in 2012??!!). The rest is typically Warp and therefore, typically excellent.

Doctor Who: Serpent Crest: The Hexford Invasion: 4
Doctor Who: Serpent Crest: The Hexford Invasion: 4
by Paul Magrs
Price: 8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to the end..., 26 Jan 2012
Really enjoyed this. I've felt that a few of these in the past few years have been a bit ropey, this is much better than hornet's nest, and I won't spoil it but the end of this one will make you wish you had part 5 in front of you..!

Of Mice And Men
Of Mice And Men
by John Steinbeck
Price: 15.65

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL IN THE STEINBECK, Y'ALL..., 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Of Mice And Men (Audio CD)
That drawl that "Lester" from the Wire has is very worthy of this adaptation. I really enjoyed his performance. More audiobooks from Mr. Peters I say...

Whisky Dream: Waking a Giant
Whisky Dream: Waking a Giant
by Stuart Rivans
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get some laddie!, 26 Jan 2012
The praise I have for this book is simple. Once you read this, like me, you'll probably by close to 100 quid's worth of whisky on the website. The stories of how these guys lovingly renovated a really old distillery will want you to sample the goods IMMEDIATELY...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoonful of stilton helps the cracker go down, 26 Jan 2012
Bought this for the missus as it was on her wish list and I didnt think anyone else would. Was right. Really good for a "niche" use on the old rinded cheeses. Fancy looking in dinner parties!

Doctor Who: Serpent Crest: Aladdin Time: Pt. 3
Doctor Who: Serpent Crest: Aladdin Time: Pt. 3
by Paul Magrs
Price: 8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Midway but Way-hay!, 26 Jan 2012
Quite liked this one. I really enjoyed part one, though part two lacked a bit. Then along comes this, pretty clever and I tell you what parts 4 & 5 are exceptional. Really good work here and on we go to Big Finish...

Mary Barton (Cover to Cover)
Mary Barton (Cover to Cover)
by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
Price: 18.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Jan 2012
Pretty hard for tension to build over 14 cds ie. 16 hours, but it does. Really good story and well told, impressive and I love her voice!

Elvis Costello: The Right Spectacle - The Very Best Of [DVD]
Elvis Costello: The Right Spectacle - The Very Best Of [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elvis Costello
Offered by partmeter
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Video!, 26 Jan 2012
If like me you'd watched most of these videos before on a best of compilation... buy it anyway. Why? Because even though it's subtitles you NEED the EC commentary. I tell you, it's like having an imp on your shoulder. Self-deprecating but also wickedly funny. Do it on subtitles and enjoy. A few quid for a lot of pleasure...!!

Singles
Singles
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Men of goodwill - this is your CD!, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Singles (MP3 Download)
I waited 20 years for this, absolutely effing loved Stated Endorsed Homophobia when it first came out, as well as Ride & Let It Flow. There is actually a single mix missing from this, for SEH, that I've got, which makes me feel smug but other than that one for completists. Someone said on the interweb that this is dated. Don't think so myself, rather listen to this than most things to be honest.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 4:48 PM BST

Flipped [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Flipped [DVD] [2010] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Madeline Carroll
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent child actor drama, 26 Jan 2012
Well, I didn't know anything about this. If I'm honest I was actually downloading a torrent for Blue Valentine and this was what I got. I checked IMDB and saw a good review and thought "what the heck I'll keep watching". What an excellent evocative show of growing up and perspectives. Buy it, download it, whatever. But watch it. Great performances by young and old. I would recommend this to mums and dads too, a rarity these days. Didn't make a lot of money but who cares?

Page: 1 | 2