Profile for Hebe > Reviews

Hebe (UK)

In The Wild - Lions With Anthony Hopkins [1993] [DVD] [1998]
In The Wild - Lions With Anthony Hopkins [1993] [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Anthony Hopkins

4.0 out of 5 stars If it stars Anthony Hopkins it's worth watching!, 28 Feb. 2011
I very much enjoyed this documentary, although I will admit it was not quite as I expected. Only an hour long for starters - I had hoped for much more. Though that is not to say this isn't worth watching. If you love Anthony Hopkins and Big Cats (As I do both) then it is definitely worth your time to buy this and watch!

It's incredibly informative on all aspects of a Lions lifestyle, and a lot of the time is dedicated to shots of these beautiful creatures as Hopkins looks on in awe. From watching this documentary you can certainly tell the passion he has for Big Cats - Lions in particular. It's a good insight to both him and the animals.

Basically if you love Anthony Hopkins enough then you should buy it!

Desperate Romantics [DVD] [2009]
Desperate Romantics [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Samuel Barnett

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperately Romantic!, 28 Feb. 2011
Saw the first few episodes when this wonderful show aired on TV but lost track of it at the time. Now having finally bought the DVD I can say I regret not sticking with it! I watched it all in one day, and what a day it was!

You don't need knowledge of the PRB to enjoy this, in fact it very much stands by itself. If you have a passion for history, art, love, sex (Yes there is a lot!) and of course bromance then Desperate Romantics is for you. Although if like myself you know about The Brotherhood to some length anyway then this show serves as a nice extension of that knowledge, not to be taken completely historically accurate but definitely a lot of fun!

The cast is amazing. Rafe Spall was the perfect William Holman Hunt; intelligent, deep, rigid, stern...and of course a little mad! Aidan Turner's Dante Gabriel Rossetti was well...outstanding! He possessed all the right qualities and showed both the good and bad sides of Rossetti's personality extraordinarily well. And talk about intense! If you haven't already I suggest you check out Turner reading some of Rossetti's poetry on youtube. Really inspiring!

Desperate Romantics is not your usual costume drama. It is energetic, fun, sexy, witty, at times sad but above all incredibly entertaining! It's a very good introduction to the PRB, and I hope it will encourage people to look into their work as it is truly magnificent! I give it five stars!