Profile for dgt79 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker

5.0 out of 5 stars In a perfect world..., 30 Mar. 2014
my sink would not block every six months or so. But it does. And when it does, this plunger always seems to do the trick.
I've tried many other products - snake drain unblocker, other plungers, caustic soda, vinegar/bicarbonate of soda. Then I found this plunger and it's working great.
To get the best results, make sure you disconnect your washing machine/dishwasher before you'll try to unblock the sink.

Pelikan M200 983395 Fountain Pen Nib F Marbled Green
Pelikan M200 983395 Fountain Pen Nib F Marbled Green

5.0 out of 5 stars it's great, 30 Mar. 2014
bought this about a year ago to improve my handwriting. I've replaced the nib with a bigger size - M, as I found F to be too thin. So being able to replace the nib that easy was a pretty nice surprise.
I'm using it regularly and my calligraphy is much better now, I really really like it. If this would break I'd buy another one just like it.
I remember I did quite a bit of research before I bought, as I was looking for a good entry level pen - good quality/price balance.

Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB 2.5 inch SATA Solid State Drive
Offered by Quantum Wireless

5.0 out of 5 stars speed of the puma, 30 Mar. 2014
installed this on a MacBookPro 2010 and it's working very well. Laptop runs extremely quiet and faster. As well the battery seems to hold a charge for longer. I enabled TRIM support manually and replaced the CD-ROM with the old HDD.

IKEA MILK / COFFEE FROTHER FOR HOT OR COLD DRINKS
IKEA MILK / COFFEE FROTHER FOR HOT OR COLD DRINKS
Offered by REMI DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay, but doesn't compare to steam frother, 30 Mar. 2014
I bought this hoping to achieve similar results to a steam frother as the ones on espresso machines, but so far I didn't manage to get those results. Basically what I get is "hard foam" and not the silky texture you can get when using a steam frother. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and my technique is not good...

Pulsin Natural Whey Protein (1kg)
Pulsin Natural Whey Protein (1kg)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality, 30 Mar. 2014
exactly the protein I was looking for; no added sugar, sweeteners, flavours or other artificial things. I used before Optimum Nutrition whey protein but I grew out of it because of the artificial taste. Then I tried soya based protein, but didn't like the taste/texture. Then I found this one and it's great. I'm using it to create a mixture similar to UpRaw protein bar and I really like it. Helps me deal with my "snack" addiction.

12-Volt Digital Fast Tyre Inflator / Compressor With Built In Light - Comes In Own Case
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 2 years, 30 Mar. 2014
Bought this one 2 years ago and used it only a few times. Tried today to inflate a ball and it didn't work. I'm just glad I found this at home and not on the road with a flat tyre.

Timberland Earthkeepers Stormbucks Oxford, Men's Shoes
Timberland Earthkeepers Stormbucks Oxford, Men's Shoes
Price: £80.00 - £100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and very comfortable, 16 Feb. 2014
These shoes are comfortable out of the box. Compared to other pairs of shoes I own, these ones are very comfortable from the start; I'd compare them in this regard to shoes made by Clarks.
The build quality is really good and they do seem to be waterproof.
The colour is the only thing I'd complain about; the pictures on amazon's website are warmer/yellowish compared to the real colour (darker brown, towards red). But they fit really well and are very comfortable, so I don't mind the colour too much.

EiioX SATA 2nd Hard Drive Caddy Tray for Apple Unibody MacBook / MacBook Pro 13 15 17-The device takes 2.5" / 9.5mm Serial ATA laptop HDD SSD.
Offered by VeeCome(UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars it is working, but..., 6 Jan. 2014
I've recently upgraded my 2013 13" MBP with an SSD. As well, I wanted to keep the HDD because I'm was not using the CD drive that much.
So here's my opinion about this caddy:
- build quality doesn't look solid, but for 10£ I'm not sure I could ask for more;
- installation instructions are not great; basically one first needs to unscrew those 4 screws that fix the HDD drive in order to make room for the HDD. As well there is a plastic foil which I'm not sure if it needs to be kept or not;
- once installed, it is working (time will tell for how long)

The overall procedure (fixing the HDD inside the caddy, removing the CD drive) is a bit more complicated than adding more RAM or replacing a HDD.
For removing the CD drive I recommend watching a video on youtube, there are plenty.

A magnetic screw driver is also helpful, especially when replacing the CD drive.

Toshiba MK5061GSYN 500GB SATA 3GB/s 7200rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MK5061GSYN 500GB SATA 3GB/s 7200rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and quiet, 6 Oct. 2012
Bought this as a replacement of a western digital 320GB hdd for my MBP, because WD started to have physical errors.
Both the WD and this Toshiba are running at 7200 RPM, but Toshiba is extremely quiet, whereas WD was pretty noisy.
I could have went for a bigger size Seagate or WD hdd - 750GB or 1TB, but I wanted a reliable hard drive and Toshiba HDDs never disappointed me before.
So far I'm very pleased with this Toshiba 500GB HDD, works great.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2013 3:41 PM GMT

Garmin Nuvi 1340 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps
Garmin Nuvi 1340 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps

1.0 out of 5 stars chooses worst routes, 5 Jun. 2012
Had this garmin nuvi for almost 3 months now, and used it recently for taking a 1 week tour of Scotland. It proved to be very unreliable when calculating the routes:
- took me off the main roads... almost everytime
- took me straight through Glasgow, instead going round it on a motorway
- on the way back to London, it suggested I get off M6 with every opportunity

Regardless of what settings I've used, it constantly came up with the craziest routes. I mean, compared to google maps, the routes garmin calculates are practical bad jokes... as one cannot pick worst routes.

i don't know how tomtom is compared to this, but google maps is so much better

Page: 1 | 2