Profile for Willow46 > Reviews

Content by Willow46

Willow46

Page: 1 | 2
The Christmas Surprise (Rosie Hopkins)
The Christmas Surprise (Rosie Hopkins)
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Christmas Surprise, 27 Dec. 2015
I have just finished reading this book and although I knew everything would turn out okay at the end, I thoroughly enjoyed the journey getting there. I have read all the previous Rosie Hopkins and Stephen books along with friends Tina, Moray and Aunt Lilian, this book led you on a completely different journey. The final few sentences implied that Jenny may have inspirations for more Rosie, Stephen and Apostil stories to tell. A feel good read.

Make A Christmas Wish: A heartwarming, witty and magical festive treat!
Make A Christmas Wish: A heartwarming, witty and magical festive treat!
by Julia Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor Christmas wish, 27 Dec. 2015
I finished reading this a few days ago and was glad to get to the end. The constant chopping and changing between the three main characters was irritating and I felt it was not really a Christmas story despite the book cover - it could have happened at any time. It was not heartwarming or witty and certainly not enjoyable in my opinion. I can appreciate that the author wanted to try something different but it didn't work for me and I just found the concept annoying. Not one of Julia's better books.

More to Life Than This
More to Life Than This

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing changes, just muddling through, 22 Nov. 2013
Very disappointing. Whilst not everything in life works out to everyone's satisfaction, I felt that this whole story was a waste of my time. The premise that both the husband and wife had to go off and have an affair, before realising that their responsibilities to their children was their main priority was simplistic. So no major love affair, just muddling through. Great storyline, not!

Midsummer Magic
Midsummer Magic

2.0 out of 5 stars Midsummer Magic or Midsummer murder, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Midsummer Magic (Kindle Edition)
I have read several of Julia Williams' books prior to this and really enjoyed them, but this is a dud. A ridiculous storyline and centred the whole time on virtually one night. It seems to me as if she was on a deadline to produce a book or needed the money. All in all, a very silly story. I debated a few times whether to stop reading the book, but ploughed on through to the end. A waste of my time, I'm afraid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2013 8:52 AM BST

Married by Christmas
Married by Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Married by Christmas, 20 April 2013
The ending was just what was expected, but nevertheless, it was interesting getting there, although there was never any doubt what would be the outcome. The characters were quite varied and moving the story to different locations kept the reader entertained. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it as a 'feel good' experience.

The Charm Bracelet
The Charm Bracelet

4.0 out of 5 stars The Charm Bracelet, 4 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this book (purchased as a Kindle). The main character, Holly came over as a 'normal', intersting person and her story was carried on throughout the whole book. Her search for the person who had lost the charm bracelet didn't get boring and I was anxious to find out where her next clue would take her. After a while, you knew that Holly was bound to end up with Greg, but it was nice to just wait and see how it happened. The only downside for me, was that the moment when the two came together could have occured a bit earlier, so there was more to know about their relationship, other than you assume it's going to happen. The real ending though was a surprise and unexpected - the author playing games a bit with her readers.
I would definitely recommend this to others.

A Girl Like You
A Girl Like You

2.0 out of 5 stars A Girl like You, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: A Girl Like You (Kindle Edition)
I bought this as a kindle book and was expectingh great things after the five star reviews. I feel this book was aimed at late teens, early twenty somethings. The constant swearing was getting on my nerves. I feel that a story should be able to engage the reader without the need for swearing. Very disappointing and I couldn't care less what happened to Abigail.

Second Prize
Second Prize

2.0 out of 5 stars Second Prize, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Second Prize (Kindle Edition)
I was very disappointed with this book, as I found the character Lara a real pain. She had no self respect and I wanted to shake her to make her see that Hugh was a real obnoxious person. I finished the book, but lost interest half way through, as I knew she would end up with Simon, but getting to the conclusion - I really didn't care what happened to her.

The Saturday Supper Club
The Saturday Supper Club
by Amy Bratley

2.0 out of 5 stars the saturday supper club, 24 Oct. 2012
I'm afraid I have to agree with another reviewer and say that I found this book very disappointing. The whole premise of the supper club was just a red herring to get Ethan and Eve(her long lost love) back together. Every time Eve asked Ethan why he left so abruptly 3 years ago, it took almost more than half the book. Any sane person would have cornered him and asked for an explanation there and then. The supper club was just padding to the very thin story line - should Eve go with her new boyfriend who absolutely adores her or go with the slimy ex who slept with her sister. No contest - the end was very rushed too, so I have to say a big waste of my reading time. Sorry!

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time

1.0 out of 5 stars the greatest love story of all time, 4 Oct. 2012
I did not like this book at all - a completely wrongly titled book in my opinion. It does not fall into the usual chiclit category as too many four letter swear words. I am not prudish about swear words and some sexual scenes in a book, but I feel the author was trying too hard to be controversial with her different choice of words for genitalia. I had to plough through 490 pages of boring - "when will we ever get to the end" - to realise that the conclusion could have been reached in half that time. I would not recommend this book, but obviously I appear to be in the minority as other reviewers seem ecstatic about it, but there you are, no accounting for personal taste.

Page: 1 | 2