Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. C. T. Miller > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. T. Miller

Mr. C. T. Miller

Azincourt
Azincourt
by Bernard Cornwell

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Azincourt (Paperback)
Ok before I start I'll tell you that I'm a huge Cornwell fan, and his Arthur trilogy ranks among some of the best books I've ever read. He's a great author.

However, I feel compelled to write this to alert fans and also those of you wondering whether this is the place to start. Don't waste your time with this!

The plot is rushed, I felt nothing for the characters and it was just over-the-top gore. I usually like a bit of blood and guts but there was so much that I just became immune to it. I know Cornwell is trying to get his point across that battle grounds are hellish places but after reading, "the axe blow cleaved his head in two spattering him with blood and brains" 10 times it got a bit repetitive.

It felt as thought he couldn't care less about the first 300 pages, they were merely there to build up to the battle at the end.

If you really are going to buy this, then my advice is don't read the actual story. Read the 20 or so pages at the end where Cornwell writes about Azincourt in a non-fictional sense. It's much more interesting and sums up the whole book.

Lastly, I don't really see how Azincourt is even something we celebrate or should remember. We were in another country looking for a fight?! If there was any justice the French should have won...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2010 7:25 PM GMT

Sony Car Stereo Cassette Adaptor for all iPod/MP3/CD/MD/Walkman Players (Black)
Sony Car Stereo Cassette Adaptor for all iPod/MP3/CD/MD/Walkman Players (Black)
Offered by DIGITALGUY INTERNATIONAL, INC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - would recommend, 26 May 2009
I bought this rather hesitantly, as I've read bad things about cassette to ipod adaptors. It was only £10 so I thought why not. I'm really glad I did. Rather than buy and install a CD player for £90, I've spent £10 and have my whole Ipod library whilst driving.

My tape player is vertical, so don't know if it would work in a horizontal one.

I drive a Ford Fiesta X Reg, and it works brilliantly in this car. Sound quality is fine, only the pickiest of people will complain. No tape noise or anything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2010 9:02 PM BST

The Diablo: The Sin War #1: Birthright: Birthright Bk. 1
The Diablo: The Sin War #1: Birthright: Birthright Bk. 1
by Richard A. Knaak
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good..., 14 Dec. 2007
I picked up this book when I saw it on the shelf in the Library. Having played D1+2 endlessly I thought I'd give it a go.

I think the only reason I actually finished reading it was due to the fact that I loved the game. The writing style is poor, verging on childish.

Way too many italics and far too many pauses....

It was a very cheesy book, but that's to be expected from a book based on a computer game. I was hoping for a lot better.

Not sure if I'll bother with the other 2. I might read the original Diablo series he wrote, but if they are written in a similar style (which I'm guessing they will be) I probably won't bother.

To sum up - Diablo fans, give it a go. Anyone else interested in fantasy I would move on.

Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black
Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but packs a punch, 28 July 2007
I had been looking for Ipod speakers for a while now. I came across this on Amazon just by chance. The looks had me first, then I read the reviews and hadn't read a bad thing about the iGroove.

I decided I had to buy it, for only £109.00. I've just plugged it all in and it sounds great. A little smaller than I had first imagined. I couldn't find dimensions anywhere on the web.

One fault I have found so far is the docks. They don't fit my Ipod Nano. So I have left the Ipod in there on its on.

But it's still great. Looks great, the remote is cool and the sound is fantastic. I'm happy with my purchase and would like to thank Amazon for such quick delivery, (20 hours).