Profile for MRS KATHRYN MCCRORIE > Reviews

Content by MRS KATHRYN MC...

MRS KATHRYN MCCRORIE

Wolf Hall
Wolf Hall
by Hilary Mantel

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling but long, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Wolf Hall (Paperback)
I enjoyed Mantel's book and felt much more informed about T Cromwell at the end of it. I am about to embark on Part II. I have however read a lot of Phillipa Gregory and didn't feel Wolf Hall was hugely 'new' (loads of praise/awards etc). Probably means I'm missing some obvious literary thing!

The Lazy Teacher's Handbook: How your students learn more when you teach less (Independent Thinking Series) (The Independent Thinking Series)
by Jim Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Really the Creative Teacher's Handbook!, 28 May 2013
This is a great addition to your teaching resources. I have just contributed to a whole school course on Skills and this has been really helpful. I have also worked out where some colleagues got their ideas from ;-)

Good Food: Slow Cooker Favourites: Triple-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
Good Food: Slow Cooker Favourites: Triple-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
by Sarah Cook

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2013
I bought this as I have one other slow cooker recipe book and wanted to expand what I cook. My view was you did prep the night before and in the morning tip your prepared meat/veg into the cooker and head off to work. Sadly for me a lot of these recipes are 'staged' i.e. you leave something for a couple of hours, add something else in for a bit, and so on. Defeats the purpose for me. Might suite if you are at home during the day but question your need for a slow cooker if that's the case!

Raven Black (Shetland Book 1)
Raven Black (Shetland Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this (not sure Visit Scotland would)!, 28 May 2013
I was given book 3 by Mum (it had been on the telly) but decided to start with no. 1 on my Kindle. I couldn't put it down. I really enjoy detective/crime novels and this didn't disappoint. Evocative writing without sensationalising the crime. Didn't see the ending coming either which is always a bonus.

The Angels' Share (Theatrical Version) [DVD]
The Angels' Share (Theatrical Version) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Allam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 Nov. 2012
Saw this at the cinema and then bought to rewatch. Can't recommend this highly enough for both the story and acting.

The North Face Women's Sable Dune Beige/Slickrock Red Hiking Shoe T0Alrm0Ak 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, 28 Nov. 2012
I got these for a family holiday which involved woodland walking and cycling. They are more than a trainer but not a full on walking boot. The cut of the boot at the ankle rubbed initially but fine after a few initial wears.

The Clear Skin Cookbook
The Clear Skin Cookbook
by Dale Pinnock

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, 28 Nov. 2012
I bought this to try and learn something new about my problem skin but wasn't further enlightened. Maybe it is because I have already read around the subject. There are some useful recipes but the book as a whole wasn't for me.