Profile for J. A. Knights > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Omron BF511 Family Body Composition Monitor - Blue
Omron BF511 Family Body Composition Monitor - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary but it made us do something about it!, 25 July 2013
I bought this more as a tracker of progress (!) rather than a serious "professional" tool and have to say that it has made all of us far more aware and motivated as to our steadily increasing quest towards better fitness........which is why I chose this particular model,
Set up and use is explained well and effortless and it records your last reading ( we just jot down our individual results in a notebook which. for our purpose is sufficient)
All in all.................very glad I bought it!

Electric 12 Pop Cake Maker - With Cooling stand and 75 sticks, and User Guide - (Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Would give it 5 stars but......, 25 July 2013
This arrived earlier than the quoted delivery date ( Thanks Amazon!) and was immediately commissioned into service!
It was well packaged and surprisingly sturdy, the non stick coating is a dream.
The negative points being that the box states that it makes 14 cake pops ,,,,,,,no it does not......it makes 12, Maybe I'm paranoid, but it did make me question the validity of the product I had just purchased,
Secondly, the instruction book also refers to 14 cake pops and gives 2 recipes, one that requires 60/60/40 and 1 egg (that's printed on the inside cover. The recipe within the instruction book requires 100/100/100 and 2 eggs. ( I halved this and still got 12 cake pops)
The instruction book also refers to the "included removing fork" , not in this set there isn't
My greatest concern is that the appliance gets incredibly hot (hardly surprising!) The instruction manual does tell you to "always hold the handle when opening or closing the lid" My suggestion would be to use an oven cloth over your hands, it is really hot!
I thought that the short power cord was a nuisance, but on reflection, maybe if one was using this appliance anywhere near small children, it may be an advantage as it would ensure that the appliance was tucked well out of the reach of small hands.

Finest-Filters 2 Metre Roll of 12-15mm Filter Wool / Floss for Aquarium and Pond Filters
Offered by Finest Filters

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 18 April 2013
Bought this based on price and reviews.........well chuffed!
It is thinner than ( let's face it, high priced) pre -cut filters, but does the job very well and the fish are happy.
Will definitely buy it again.

L'Oreal Paris False Lash Waterproof Mascara Black 10.5ml
L'Oreal Paris False Lash Waterproof Mascara Black 10.5ml
Offered by Espace Beautée

4.0 out of 5 stars It was good !, 18 April 2013
To start with, I really liked this product, but found that it did thicken considerably ( no, I don't "pump" the brush!) and became clumpy and flakey quite quickly.
I do have problems with mascara as have really sensitive skin, but this was absolutely fine.
Found that Origins "Well off" removed it very well.
If it was a good price, I would buy it again, but accept that it would have to be replaced frequently.

Tigi Rockaholic Groupie - Texturizing Spray Pomade - 250ml
Tigi Rockaholic Groupie - Texturizing Spray Pomade - 250ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Still working on it!, 18 April 2013
I have very fine, very straight hair, but a lot of it ( if that makes sense!)
Have to state "up front"" that I'm far from savvy when it comes to using this type of product and still require a bit more practice to get exactly the effect I'm hoping for. ( I have even been on line to watch the tutorial)( It does however, smell glorious!)
However, my son, who has really thick, thick hair ( and, let's face it, has considerably more experience with this sort of stuff !) used it and instantly had even- thicker looking hair that stayed exactly where he wanted it, lasted for ages and smelt divine!
He was really pleased with it, and, had he been reviewing it, would have given it 5 stars..........I have now hidden it so there will be some left for me to practice with!

DB-Tech Large 23 centimeters Suction Cup 8X Magnifying Mirror with Precision Tweezers
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for make up, 18 April 2013
As I was getting to the stage where I needed to wear my glasses to put my make up on, I had few options but to purchase a magnifying mirror!
(To be honest, I did go to a well known department store to check which magnification I needed to buy!) The 8x was depressingly necessary, and, as the aforementioned department store only had the display mirror in stock, I had no compunction about ordering the mirror from Amazon!
It's light and powerful and, frankly, the tweezers are the best I've ever owned!
I do use a larger 1:1 mirror to check the final effect, but, in my opinion, this is perfect for the job.

T&G CrushGrind Apollo Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel, 150 mm
T&G CrushGrind Apollo Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel, 150 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pepper grinder I have ever owned., 30 Mar. 2013
We use pepper a lot in this family and I've purchased, worn out or broken more pepper mills than I'd care to think about over the years.
This one however is a year old, used daily, dropped with alarming regularity onto a stone floor and still does everything that is asked of it.
Not cheap but quality and worth every penny!

T&G CrushGrind Apollo Salt Mill, Stainless Steel and Acrylic, 150 mm
T&G CrushGrind Apollo Salt Mill, Stainless Steel and Acrylic, 150 mm

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on and still going strong, 30 Mar. 2013
Excellent salt mill, absolutely no sign of wear and tear despite being a year old and still working brilliantly.
Wish I had bought these sooner!

Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Metal Teeth Lash Comb Brush
Royal & Langnickel Silk Pro Metal Teeth Lash Comb Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! The teeth don't fall out of this!, 30 Mar. 2013
I bought a Tweezerman lash comb, used it, cleaned it ( with waterproof eye makeup remover) and the teeth started falling out! Sent it back and was told that eye make up remover softens the glue and that I should not have done it. ( No mention of this in the literature)
So............bought one of these and it's great!
Not as fine as the other one but does the job well, is light to use and the teeth have all stayed in place!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Calming Facial Lotion 100ml
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Calming Facial Lotion 100ml
Offered by E.T. Browne UK Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good and so inexpensive!, 30 Mar. 2013
I have very dry, very sensitive skin and have tried so many "hypoallergenic" moisturisers "for the face" which have swiftly been demoted to be used as hand or body cream.
I'd tried the fragrance free Palmers cocoa butter and not had any problems so thought this may be okay.
It is fabulous!
No itch, no redness and the best bit ( for me at least!) is the fact that it sinks in really quickly ( despite initial appearances to the contrary) and can be reapplied as necessary throughout the day. ( I use Kamillosan over this at night over the really dry bits!)
Compared to the majority of the "hypoallergenic " products on the market, it is inexpensive and really worth the purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5