Profile for Mrhansolo > Reviews

Red Tails [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Cuba Gooding Jr.
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

1.0 out of 5 stars I felt dumber after watching, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Red Tails [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
That was the most appalling schlock I have seen since George Lucas's previous masterpieces, The Phantom Menace and the somehow even worse Attack of the Clowns. The star is for the special effects which were, to be fair, extremely good. Everything else about this sugar frosted, glazed in syrup, rolled in those silver cake thingys and then spun round in a candy floss machine movie truly blows.
Even wIthout the horrendous stereotypes, ludicrous evil Germans and the apparent ability of the P-51 to blow up Battleships with bullets you are stuck with a script which is laughable and no doubt does a genuine diservice to the actual pilots of the story and the difficulties they faced.
I genuinely expected Hannah Montanna to show up at the end to remind us all of how great the USA is, then stick her tongue out.

By the Moons of Mongo - this film really did suck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 3:44 AM GMT

The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner
Offered by The Happy Zombie

1.0 out of 5 stars So very bad., 13 Jan. 2013
This review contains spoilers - you should carry on reading though to stop you wasting precious moments of your life on this big bag of dumb.

The hero starts life as a mentaly challenged hick who became a Marine and was volunteered for "The Programme". He was then given pills to make him strong and clever. That's right - clever pills. I mean, for the love of God - this from the chaps who brought you the genius of the Bourne movies.

There is the usual "Clear the room" moments and random re-tasking of spy satellites, blah, blah, blah. The big baddie is worth a mention as he appears to come from Krypton as no amount of bodily harm seems to slow him down.

Towards the end of the film our protagonist runs out of pills and starts reverting to his orginal stupid self, a tear trickled down my cheek at this point.

There are so many bad moments but I don't want to think about them anymore as it makes me sad.

Please watch the first three as they are truely good. This is not.

Johnny Red : Falcons First Flight
Johnny Red : Falcons First Flight
by Tom Tully

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to Texan bars and Tiswas, 22 Jun. 2012
I'll keep it brief as I need to get back to Johnny and his high jinx.

The artwork for this strip still blows me away and would not be out of place in a modern comic. Why people put up with the art in contemporary US comics of the time is beyond me! What also amazes me is how gruesome the deaths are, of which there are about 50 per page!
The story and writing style is a little dated but then it is thirty years old and was aimed at little brats like myself but I just keep going back to the art. The Hurricanes and Me-109's are all brilliantly drawn as are the exploding German tanks and exploding German trucks and exploding German artillery pieces and exploding German pill boxes and exploding German infantry and......you get the point.
Great looking hardback book which took me back to a simpler time when goodies were good and baddies were German.