Profile for Alexander Nunn > Reviews

Content by Alexander Nunn

Alexander Nunn

Suki Baby Bing Bing Soft Boa Plush Baby's Booties with Embroidered Accents (Giraffe)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any little girl or boy., 20 July 2014
Very Cute!

The Descendants
The Descendants
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and Pleasant Film, 1 Jun. 2014
Well worth watching. A good story line, good acting, a bit comical without trying. A nice sunday afternoon watch. I nearly didnt watch this but I am glad I did.

Recaro Young Profi Plus (Pink)
Recaro Young Profi Plus (Pink)

4.0 out of 5 stars We love this seat, 31 Mar. 2013
This is our first car seat for our soon to be little baby girl. The quality seems good, and the suede type material looks and feels nice to the touch. We have yet to put our baby in the seat yet so cannot put our babies opinion up.

It has been a bit awkward to get on and off the seat base, but I think this is something that is a little difficult at first on all seats. Best to practice with it first.

Recaro Isofix Base (Black)
Recaro Isofix Base (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok - maybe not as good as some others, 31 Mar. 2013
Appears to be good value. The instructions are not very clear that come with it. Does not seem quite as high quality as other bases, but for the money this is perfect. Easy to fit, currently in a Jaguar S-type with no problem.

Acer Aspire S5-391 13.3-inch Ultrabook (Intel Core i5 3317U 1.7GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit)
Offered by Citadel_09

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money, 20 Mar. 2013
Dont be scared by any poor reviews. I looked at many of the ultrabooks available such as Apple's Mac Book Air, the more expensive Asus Zenbooks, Samsung series 9 etc etc. and settled for this one as it seems to offer the best value for money.

Boot up time is well below 10 seconds. Resume from sleep has been instant for me, by the time I open the lid, it is ready to go waiting for me to log in.

The ultrabook has a good quality feel and finish to it. Personally I like the brushed black aluminium finish, some may not.

I read bad things about the keyboard... but for me, as a touch typist I have got on well with it. If anything I find the keyboard nice and quiet, I cant stand those people on the train tap tap tapping away. All I hear is the faintest of taps when typing away.

The Magic flip access to the ports is kind of cool. I do struggle to see why the ports could not be made available without this as the ports must be taking up room whether tucked away or directly available. I think this is a bit of a gimick. On closing the Magic Flip it does make a rather odd noise, but personally, I am going to go on the fact that Acer have tested this for durability and will probably last the 2-3 years I will use this equipment. Like other review, This has not opened automatically on me yet, and the laptop has not struggled heat wise yet. Again, very rarely do I use a USB drive anyway, so access at the rear is not really a problem for me. All my docs are stored on Microsofts Skydrive and accessed across my computers.

Sound quality is not bad, I have not heard other Ultrabooks on the market for sound, but the S5 does seem to emit a warm and strong sound. Do not get me wrong, it's not great, but it is good for the size of the ultrabook and exceeded my expectations.

Now, the screen... I read and saw a lot of poor reviews about this and it nearly put me off. NO, the resolution is not as good as you can get, but the quality is ok, the brightness is ok, and I dont notice having a slight lack of screen real estate for use. I think a lot of initial reviews were of the i7 which came in at about £1200 at the time. For the money, currently £550, I do not think you can be dissappointed with this.

This does have a thunderbolt port, and HDMI port, and supposedly supports up to 3 screens. Not sure if that is two additional monitors and the ultrabook screen, or three additional monitors, but I am hoping to find out very soon.

Overall a brilliant package. I bought this for mostly business use. I wanted a thin, light laptop/ultrabook. Something with enough umphhh to cope with slightly heavier tasks, and I think I have found my perfect match.

Canon EOS 650D Digital SLR Camera - Black (Inc. 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit)
Offered by SE DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant camera, 19 Jan. 2013
Having been fond of photography for quite a while but never got round to purchasing a digital SLR I can say this camera has made me wish I bought one years ago. The Canon 650d is brilliant and I cannot fault the product.

I am not fortunate enough to be able to compare this with many other makes and models having only used compact digi cams previously, but I hope this review gives a good enough impression of the camera.

Four reasons to buy this camera:

Build - I am sure many cameras at this level feel the same, but I feel the Canon 650d is a sturdy and robust product.
Picture Quality - Being an amature user, I am absolutely amazed by some of the pictures that I have taken.
Functionality - Easy to use and get to grips with. Touch screen makes for useful and easy navigation. All functions available that you would come to expect of such a camera.
Battery Life - I have yet to push this to the limits, but it seems like the battery goes on and on. I know one day it will catch me out and I'll go to take a picture and the battery will die on me.