Profile for Klas > Reviews

My Generation
My Generation
Price: 7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars My Generation, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Generation (Audio CD)
I love the first two albums of The Who (My Generation and A Quick One). I think The Who should have made more albums like these. I like these albums much more than their later more famous albums. Although innovative and creative, the later albums don't give me much. Highlights on this album are "The Kids Are Alright" and "My Generation", but there are many other good songs like "La-La-La Lies" and "A legal Matter". I recommend this album (and also a Quick One) especially to those who are a fan of the 60's!

My Heart Sings
My Heart Sings
Price: 4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Autumn Leaves, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Heart Sings (Audio CD)
Paul Anka was together with Elvis Presley, Cliff Richard and Ricky Nelson my first teen age idol. I still like to listen to these artists. Of course, I have the original hits of Paul Anka on CD, but as a youngster I had an EP with "Autumn Leaves", "I Love Paris", "If You Love Me" and "Les Feulles de Paris". None of these songs were single hits, but I loved this EP and especially "Autumn Leaves". I have also some other good versions of "Autumn Leaves" ( Nat king Cole, Tom Jones etc.), but I like Paul Anka's version most. When I saw this album on Amazon I didn't hesitate to order it. This album also includes the original hits "My Heart Sings" and "I Miss You So", and also other good songs. Wonderful!

Eric Burdon Declares "War"
Eric Burdon Declares "War"

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric Burdon & War, 14 Oct 2013
In the 1960's my favourite groups were The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and The Animals. I have followed Eric Burdon ever since. This album is very different from the blues and soul music of The Animals and later the psychedelic music of Eric Burdon & The Animals. Eric Burdon & War is more like a jazz band. This may not be my favourite Eric Burdon album, as I like more albums like "The Animals", "Animal Tracks", "Animalisms" and "Winds Of Change". Anyway, this album is good and it includes one of my favourite Eric Burdon songs, "Spill The Wine". I think "The Vision Of Rassan" is beautiful and "Tobacco Road" is also impressive, although it is light years from The Nashville Teens' version, which also is good. I think all fans of Eric Burdon should have this album.

Odessey & Oracle-Pocket Version
Odessey & Oracle-Pocket Version
Price: 7.35

4.0 out of 5 stars A good album!, 9 Sep 2013
The Zombies was a very underrated group in the 60's, but "Odessey and Oracle" is a very beautiful album. For me the stand out tracks are the classic "Time Of The Season", the romantic "This Will Be Our Year", the psychedelic "Hung Up In A Dream" and the catchy "Care Of Cell 44". This album is often compared to The Beatles' "Sgt Peppers" and The Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds". Althogh "Odessey and Oracle" is very good it is not quite in the same class as those masterpieces. The music is very good, but I am not satisfied with the mini-LP packaging. I think it should have a jewel case or something like that, so it would be easier to find in my CD collection.

25 Greatest Hits
25 Greatest Hits
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compilation album!, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: 25 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Swinging Blue Jeans was a very good but underrated group in the 60's. I like very much their version of "Hippy Hippy Shake", "Good Golly Miss Molly", "You're No Good", "Shakin' All Over", "It Isn't There", "Don't Make Me Over" and "It's Too Late". Unfortunately, one of their best songs "Ol' Man Mose" is missing, and that's why I give only four stars. Anyway, this is the best compilation album by The Swinging Blue Jeans..Recommended!

A Quick One
A Quick One
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Who's best album!, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Quick One (Audio CD)
For me "A Quick One" is The Who's best album. I like it much more than their later more famous albums. The album is full of exciting and catchy tunes like my favourites songs "So Sad About Us" and "Boris The Spider". The bonus tracks are very good like the surf tunes "Bucket T" (a big hit in Sweden) and "Barbara Ann" and the acustic version of "Happy Jack". This is a great album from the best era in music, the mid 1960's, with albums like The Beatles' "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver", The Rolling Stones' "Aftermath" and The Kinks' "Face To Face" etc. Buy this album if you like music from the mid-1960's!

Meet the Searchers
Meet the Searchers
Offered by Renaissance
Price: 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love The Searchers!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Meet the Searchers (Audio CD)
I love The Searchers, and I think this is their best album (together with It's The Searchers)! It contains the hits "Sweets For My Sweet" and "Love Potion Number Nine" and other wonderful songs like "Since You Broke My Heart", "Where Have All The Flowers Gone", "Ain't Gonna Kiss You" etc. I think most of the songs on this album are good. "Meet The Searchers" is a classic album from the 60's. Buy it, if you like melodic 60's music like The Searchers or The Hollies!

Them Again
Them Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Them Again (Audio CD)
Them were together with The Rolling Stones and The Animals the greatest British R&B band in the 60's, although they were very underrated. They played a raw and tougher blues than Rolling Stones and Animals. They had some hits like "Here Comes The Night", "Baby Please Don't Go", "Gloria" and "Mystic Eyes". Them (f. Van Morrison) had only two albums: "Them" and "Them Again". I love both these albums, even more than Van Morrison's later much more famous albums. This album doesn't contain any hits, but some wonderful songs like the Morrison originals "Could You Would You", "My Lonely Sad Eyes", "Hey Girl" and (in some CD versions) one of Them's best songs, the U.S. version of "One More Time" (a real gem), some blues standards and many other good songs like "Call My Name" and a fine version of Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue". Buy this album (and also "Them") if you are a fan of the 60's white R&b or if you are a Van Morrison fan.

Them
Them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great R&B Band!, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Them (Audio CD)
Them were together with The Rolling Stones and The Animals the greatest British R&B band in the 60's, although they were very underrated. They played a raw and tougher blues than Rolling Stones and Animals. They had some hits like "Here Comes The Night", "Baby Please Don't Go", "Gloria" and "Mystic Eyes". Them (f. Van Morrison) had only two albums: "Them" and "Them Again". I love both these albums, even more than Van Morrison's later much more famous albums. This album contains the hits and Morrison originals "Gloria" and "Mystic Eyes", some blues standards and other wonderful songs like Morrison's "You Just Can't win" and "I'm Gonna Dress In Black" (reminds me of "House Of The Rising Sun") Buy this album (and also Them Again) if you are a fan of the 60's white R&b or if you are a Van Morrison fan.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 12:13 PM BST

Face To Face
Face To Face
Price: 10.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Kinks album!, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Face To Face (Audio CD)
The Kinks is one of the best British groups of all time, together with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. For me "Face To Face" is their best album, especially with the bonus tracks. Songs like "Sunny Afternoon", "Dead End Street", "Dandy", "I'll Remember", "Mister Pleasant" etc. are brilliant! "Face To Face" was released in the same year as The Beatles' "Revolver" and "The Rolling Stones' "Aftermath", so it was a very good year for music. This CD is highly recommended to all lovers of the 60's music!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 8:35 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3