Profile for Simon Ash > Reviews

Content by Simon Ash

Simon Ash (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Jobs
Jobs
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Fanboys, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jobs (Amazon Instant Video)
I'm a die hard Apple fan and there's probably a fair bit of creative licence in this film but I like Ashton Kutcher's performance and
if you love Apple then it's an interesting film.

Last Vegas
Last Vegas
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch., 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Last Vegas (Amazon Instant Video)
Really good movie, much better than I expected. With this line up of actors how could you go wrong? Worth a watch.

Rayware Alpine Poppy Tea for One
Rayware Alpine Poppy Tea for One
Offered by AP Motor Store

4.0 out of 5 stars For that tea shop feel at home, 16 Aug 2013
No surprises, just a great little teapot that makes me feel like I'm having an overpriced cup of tea at a tea shop.
The difference being I have a cuppa at home and two cups per potfull.

Just Mobile HeadStand Deluxe Stand for Headphone
Just Mobile HeadStand Deluxe Stand for Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, Unnecessary but I like it!, 16 Aug 2013
Who needs one of these...only someone with a thing for aluminium based gadgets and too much disposable cash.
However if you fit that bill you'll find it a nice little accessory for your headphones. Simple but classy.

TomTom GO 6000 EU 6-Inch Sat Nav with Full European Lifetime Maps, Lifetime Traffic Updates, Always Connected and Interactive Screen Includes Click & Mount Car Charger and USB Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom have lost the plot, 16 Aug 2013
I was really excited to order this unit as a birthday present to myself but it turned out to be absolutely awful. I have previously owned three other Tom Toms so I like the brand and every one has been better than the last. NOT with this Go 6000, the supposed flagship unit.

When you open the box the screen is impressive and the magnetic clip mount is terrific. The problem is the info screen. No longer can you look at the screen and know what the current time is. It only displays the arrival time in a single column on the right. I preferred the old styling where all your info easily to hand at the bottom.

On turning on the unit on my first journey the unit took ages to get a GPS fix. Then the voice didn't kick in for even longer and overall it was a poor start but I carried on. The info display is so awful that I took the wrong turning twice within one short and incredibly frustrating journey lasting no more than 10mins. I pulled over to the side of the road got out the trusty Tom Tom Go 9500 unit and vowed never to use one of these again.

I felt compelled to write a review because the unit is so awful Tom Tom should be ashamed, pull it and redo the software display ASAP or just suffer the embarrassment of bad review after bad review. Take heed...avoid at all costs.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 11:05 AM GMT

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad (4th Generation) - Black
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Product, 17 Jan 2013
Initially put off by the high price I thought I would give it a go knowing I am going on a flight to USA soon. I've only had the keyboard for 24 hours and it's transformed my use of the iPad. This keyboard is CLASS, well worth the money. It doesn't offer any protection to the back but on the plus side it clips on/off really easily. Bit overpriced but what the heck, it's a fantastic product.

LAYEN® i-SYNC - Bluetooth Audio Adaptor / Bluetooth Receiver For Docking Stations - Stream Music Wirelessly From Your Bluetooth Device: iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, MP3 Player
Offered by LAYEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius Wireless Freedom, 12 Jan 2013
I love this little unit. Turns all my 30pin docking stations into wireless receivers. What a great idea and well worth the money. Works simply and faultlessly.

DELL U2412M - Dell UltraSharp U2412M - 24'' LED Monitor 8ms 1920x1200dpi D-Sub DVI-D USB
Offered by PCbuyIT Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible choice for Mac users, 3 Jan 2013
I have a Macbook air which is fantastic but you can't beat a big screen when you are at home. The £900 price tag of the Mac Thunderbolt display is insane and so this Dell 24" monitor it a godsend. 3year warranty and at £225(ish) you cannot go wrong. Works first time, just plug in. I did buy a £12 mini display port - DVI lead and that gives me a straight connection, no adapters.
The other superb aspect is the 16x10 ratio which just makes a tremendous difference. I love this monitor. Sorry Apple, love your products but Dell have you well and truly licked with this.

Neotechs® Windscreen Car Holder Mount Cradle Dash for iPhone 5
Neotechs® Windscreen Car Holder Mount Cradle Dash for iPhone 5
Offered by Neotechs

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive low cost marvel, 11 Dec 2012
I was somewhat skeptical about this product but truth is it fits the iphone 5 really well and holds it better in my car than any name product. Yes it is a cheap plastic but what else do you expect for this sort of price. The main thing is it grips the windscreen well and holds the phone in just the right position.

Try it, it's great!

Smart Stand 712 - Aluminium desktop stand, dock, holder, cradle for iPhone 4, 4S, 3G, 3GS, 5, Samsung Galaxy, Google, HTC, Sony Erricsson, Motorola, Nokia, LG Smart Phone and Mobile Phone - GREEN
Offered by Bosvision Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 Sep 2012
I really like this. A lovely little bit of quality and who cares what docking port is on your phone. This just holds both my iphone or Samsung Galaxy. So impressed I order another within 10mins of opening the first.
Fantastic.