Profile for Encarva > Reviews

The Building Regulations: Explained and Illustrated
by M. J. Billington
Price: 71.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 Dec 2011
Very good book for understanding the building regulations which are always changing. Good overview needs more images but I use it regularly in my job as a quick reference. worth every penny

7dayshop Lens Filter - Circular Polariser - 72mm
7dayshop Lens Filter - Circular Polariser - 72mm
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 5.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for price paid, 14 Dec 2011
Very good cheap alternative to the more expensive filter has drawbacks of thread was very hard at first to connect to lens took a little bit of persuasion but got it in the end is a bit hard to rotate when framing a shot. That said it did what I wanted which was blue skies or seas and got rid of some of the haze but not all. I would recommend this as a start of filter or as a back up. I was impressed for the price I paid and so have no complaints it is what it is.

4pc Round Close-Up Macro Zoom Lenses for All 72mm Camera Brands
4pc Round Close-Up Macro Zoom Lenses for All 72mm Camera Brands
Offered by standbyonglobal ships from HK (3-18 working days delivery)
Price: 13.66

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 14 Dec 2011
As a cheap alternative to a macro lens they are exceptional but thats not to say they are brilliant. there is only a small part of the lens which is in the centre that is in focus as the rest is blurred around the edges. Have managed to get a couple of good shots with them but it took a lot of patience and time. not the sort of product that will get you those shots of bees close up or the dirt in the rug but as a general play around kit they are very good, allows you to get different style of photo to add to your portfolio with some kind of quality.

Holga Camera 120GCFN (120 GCFN) (Glass Lens / Multicolour Flash)
Holga Camera 120GCFN (120 GCFN) (Glass Lens / Multicolour Flash)
Offered by RK Photographic
Price: 38.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 14 Dec 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for my brother. After buying and using (after I had given it as a present) I was hooked now I use it more than he does. The build quality is not very good but that is what gives this camera the amazing ability to take pictures that are off the wall. The flash is very powerful and if in a small room may overpower the subject you are photographing saying that it works outside on a nice sunny day giving a colourful hue. We have used the standard 120n films in it which at the start was a little hard to get our heads round but there after was no problem and we have also used 35mm film without the frame for a different type of shot and appart from having to rewind the film in pitch dark turned out as we wanted.

Great product not that hard to work and very versatile.

2 Person Deluxe Stripe Picnic Rucksack
2 Person Deluxe Stripe Picnic Rucksack
Offered by FAMILY OCCASIONS
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Dec 2011
Delivery was prompt and arrived in perfect condition a fantastic product if your constantly travelling or for those lazy picnic days for two. holds a lot for its size more than two people could ever get through.

Neewer 72Mm Double-Threaded Neutral Density Nd8 Filter For Canon, Nikon, Kodak + More!
Offered by standbyonglobal ships from HK (3-18 working days delivery)
Price: 7.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for price paid, 14 Dec 2011
Wasn't expecting anything exceptional but I was proved wrong. This filter was bought as a back up when out on my travels but I know use it as a preferred ND filter. Have used it to take long exposure shots during the day right through to night shots of a bright moon. It doesn't feel very sturdy but don't let that put you off this is capable of competing with more expensive ND filters.
Fantastic product well done.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very unique, 14 Dec 2011
Bought this as a Christmas present last year and forgot to leave a review. This product has a unique feel to it and if you are looking for a present for someone who likes trinket style things then this is definitely worth a buy. These boxes are now used to hold all sorts of things from bangles to ink pots, goes to show their versatility.

Lomo Holga Universal Mount With 55mm Screw Thead
Lomo Holga Universal Mount With 55mm Screw Thead

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Dec 2011
Does exactly what it says, works very well just don't over tighten the screws. other than that fantastic product which opens up a lot more possibilities for the lomo photographer

Red Super Hero Vampire 35" Cape Halloween Devil Horror Fancy Dress
Red Super Hero Vampire 35" Cape Halloween Devil Horror Fancy Dress
Offered by The Dragons Den
Price: 9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fun, 14 Dec 2011
Fantastic product didnt expect it to be such good quality ok so its a cheap cape but it added the final touch to my super hero costume and lasted the night, I know take it everywhere with me just in case I need to quickly change into my hero costume (joke) it sits in my drawer awaiting the next event, However fantastic product and good quality well done.

Blue Monster Puppet - Huge 30" Professional Ventriloquist Dummy
Blue Monster Puppet - Huge 30" Professional Ventriloquist Dummy

5.0 out of 5 stars Above Expectations, 14 Dec 2011
I bought the puppet two days ago and had good expectations of its quality. Delivery was prompt and when I opened the parcel for inspection I was amazed at how good it actually was. The fur and the detail right down to the feet being like monster feet was incredible, the stitching was solid. I bought this as a Christmas present for someone who does puppet shows in Old peoples homes and in Schools and I know that she will absolutely love it as well as those that she performs to.

If I could give it any more stars I would