Profile for S. Phythian > Reviews

Content by S. Phythian

S. Phythian (Cheshire, England)

My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical Movie, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: My Neighbour Totoro [DVD] (DVD)
My Boyfriend found Totoro a bit of a let down after all the build up I gave it, but he was expecting a different movie.
My Neighbor Totoro is a short little slice of magic about two girls moving to a new home, meeting new friends and exploring the world. Are they dreaming are they playing imaginary games or is there really a magical fluffy Totoro 'troll'? It doesn't really matter because for the length of the movie they believe in Totoro so I do too.

Awoken
Awoken

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally a better love story than Twilight., 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Awoken (Kindle Edition)
Don't come into this book if you're not ready for the brilliance that is Serra Elinsen, the way she builds up characters and keeps the story so exciting. I really didn't know if Riley would take Andi to the Pumpkin ball or not!
I laughed and I cried and I seriously could not put this book down. I'd recommend this to you if you were a fan of YA romance or not.

Slated (Slated Trilogy Book 1)
Slated (Slated Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting consept, 23 Jun. 2013
Not the best young adult distopian book I've ever read but I did enjoy it. I liked the back drop and the hints to how the characters fit into this world where teenagers are victimized.
I enjoyed how it was set in the UK as that's a rarity for most YA books and the setting made if feel only shortly in the future and therefore ten times more scary that it could happen. I may read the sequel if there is ever one written.

Redshirts
Redshirts

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Redshirts (Kindle Edition)
I'd wanted to but this book for a while and finally got the chance when I spotted it had dropped in price. A really good and enjoyable read, I found this book funny and clever.

Doctor Who: Summer Falls
Doctor Who: Summer Falls

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute book, 11 May 2013
Of course this was going to be released as a real book and it does make a for a cute story mixing a Doctor Who adventure with a Enid Blyton-esque adventure story, the pay off was good though and yes chapter eleven makes you cry.
My favorite bits however where the reminders of Amy's modern day life with a little bit about digital cameras and a couple of other references that don't seem right in the world of Summer Falls.
If your a fan of Doctor Who I would say you should certainly buy Summer Falls.

Promises Broken (4400)
Promises Broken (4400)
by David Mack
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ending to the first part of The 4400's story, 23 Mar. 2010
This is the fourth paperback in the 4400 series. After the show was cancelled I didn't think I'd ever know what happened after Jordan Collier took Seattle, the four books provide an excellent ending, the last two specifically. The exciting action and humour of the series is retained by the author as well as some amazing visual scenes.
The last few chapters are particularly exciting and the ending was amazing. Definitely worth a buy for anyone who watched the show.