Profile for someone > Reviews

Wales Rugby Grand Slam 2005 - The Year of the Dragon [DVD]
Wales Rugby Grand Slam 2005 - The Year of the Dragon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Welsh Grand Slam 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars for rugby fans..., 9 Sept. 2014
This was a gift for a rugby fan. I am not a fan myself but he is and he LOVES it.

New Balance Women's Go 2 Long Tight - Coral, Small
New Balance Women's Go 2 Long Tight - Coral, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
My tean age daughter put these on a birthday wish list and she wears them a lot.

The Body Shop Aloe Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 50ml
The Body Shop Aloe Anti-Perspirant Deodorant 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars effective and cruelty free, 9 Sept. 2014
This Anti-perspirant deodorant was once elected by "Wich?" (a british consumer guide) as THE best of its kind; I have used it my whole life, because: a) like all Body Shop products, it is not tested on animals; b) it really works.

Leon [DVD] [1995]
Leon [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Jean Reno
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional drama and suspense, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Leon [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Leon is one of my favourite films, staring the master of cool Jean Reno and a young Natalie Portman. Gary Oldman is the villain: it's an action movie with flair, sensitivity and non-stop suspense. Luc Besson has managed to turn a thriller in to an almost 'art house' spectacle. I often forget how violent it is; parents may want to supervise children when watching it.

In Treatment - Season 1 [DVD][2008]
In Treatment - Season 1 [DVD][2008]
Dvd ~ Gabriel Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars magnetic, 9 Sept. 2014
For a long time 'In Treatment was my favourite program, I have watched all the seasons of it that were ever made, and felt a loss when it stopped. The series follows a psychotherapist as he treats his patients; their stories are gripping and Gabriel Byrne's performance is magnetic. Anyone interested in psychology should not miss this, in fact I think every adult would enjoy it

Sappho
Sappho
by Mary Barnard

5.0 out of 5 stars exquisite, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sappho (Paperback)
Sappho's lyric poems as translated by Mary Barnard are among my favourite poetry.Ms Barnard is clearly a poet herself; other translations seem wooden and forced in comparison; the verses are natural, delicate and sensual.

Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 40
Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 40
Offered by VITAMINS EUROPE

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful anti-toxidant Tea, 9 Sept. 2014
I drink three cups of this graviola (also known as sour sop leaf) tea a day. I was recommended it as a cancer remedy and feel that it must have contributed to my relative good health (no sign of tumour for eight months). Do NOT use it instead of Chemo and radiation but rather as a complement to them.

The Art of Empathy: The Mother of Sorrows in Northern Renaissance Art and Devotion
by David Areford

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
Gave this to my mother, who is an art historian and she loves it.

Funny Letters from Famous People
Funny Letters from Famous People
by Charles Osgood

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift for my 94 year old step ..., 9 Sept. 2014
This was a gift for my 94 year old step father, he says it is very interesting and is now reading it for the second time; this is high praise indeed coming from him ( he's the architypal 'grumpy old man')

Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
by Anthony Holden

4.0 out of 5 stars I have only had the chance to peruse it once and enjoyed the book enormously, 9 Sept. 2014
This was a gift to my step father who is 94, He relishes it and reads a poem every day; he is familiar with some of the poems and tells me he is enjoying them all. I have only had the chance to peruse it once and enjoyed the book enormously.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11