Profile for someone > Reviews

Sappho
Sappho
by Mary Barnard

5.0 out of 5 stars exquisite, 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sappho (Paperback)
Sappho's lyric poems as translated by Mary Barnard are among my favourite poetry.Ms Barnard is clearly a poet herself; other translations seem wooden and forced in comparison; the verses are natural, delicate and sensual.

Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 40
Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 40
Offered by BeautyBox Products UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful anti-toxidant Tea, 9 Sept. 2014
I drink three cups of this graviola (also known as sour sop leaf) tea a day. I was recommended it as a cancer remedy and feel that it must have contributed to my relative good health (no sign of tumour for eight months). Do NOT use it instead of Chemo and radiation but rather as a complement to them.

The Art of Empathy: The Mother of Sorrows in Northern Renaissance Art and Devotion
by David Areford

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
Gave this to my mother, who is an art historian and she loves it.

Funny Letters from Famous People
Funny Letters from Famous People
by Charles Osgood

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a gift for my 94 year old step ..., 9 Sept. 2014
This was a gift for my 94 year old step father, he says it is very interesting and is now reading it for the second time; this is high praise indeed coming from him ( he's the architypal 'grumpy old man')

Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
Poems That Make Grown Men Cry: 100 Men on the Words That Move Them
by Anthony Holden

4.0 out of 5 stars I have only had the chance to peruse it once and enjoyed the book enormously, 9 Sept. 2014
This was a gift to my step father who is 94, He relishes it and reads a poem every day; he is familiar with some of the poems and tells me he is enjoying them all. I have only had the chance to peruse it once and enjoyed the book enormously.

Elementary - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Elementary - Season 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jonny Lee Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars but this is great fun and very watchable, 9 Sept. 2014
This is a fun/easy to watch modern version of Sherlock Holmes; which I imagine was produced in the wake of the BBC's successful series with Benedict Cumberbatch. I prefer the BBC version, but this is great fun and very watchable.Jonny Lee Miller plays the title role and Lucy Liu does an excellent job as Joan Watson.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 9:40 AM BST

Carnivale: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
Carnivale: Complete HBO Season 2 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Nick Stahl

5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoy high camp and the sureal then this is for ..., 9 Sept. 2014
If you enjoy high camp and the sureal then this is for you. I personally don't, but I still love this exciting colourful series; it has some ethical/moral/philosophical depth too. Carnivale is a travelling fair/circus with secrets; there are no mutants or cruelty to animals. I became iendeared to several of the characters and totally gripped by the story line, with it's surprising twists.

Solgar Omnium Tablets - Pack of 60
Solgar Omnium Tablets - Pack of 60
Offered by Wholesome Choice

5.0 out of 5 stars These tablets were recommended to me when I had cancer by an allopathic ..., 9 Sept. 2014
These tablets were recommended to me when I had cancer by an allopathic (modern/western) and 'alternative/ natural' medical practitioner; so I regard her as highly qualified. of course vitamins are NOT a cure for cancer, but these certainly perked me up, and my tumour has now been absent for eight months.The tablets are suitable for vegetarians and are "gluten,wheat and dairy free".

Call the Midwife - Series 3 [DVD]
Call the Midwife - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Miranda Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars charming,funny, sad, British, gripping, unmissable romp., 25 May 2014
This item arrived punctually and as described by seller. I have thoroughly enjoyed the show and have watched all the available seasons. The acting is superb: everyone is good, but the cast had a head start as it includes Jenny Aguter and Miranda Hart. Each character has it's day and you will fall in love with them all. The action is set in a convent where nuns, nurses and midwives support a community in the East end of London. It's based on the diary of a real midwife, who is touchingly played by Jessica Raine. Vanessa Redgrave narrates the memoires, lending the narrative depth and gravitas. Each episode contains at least one gripping story. It's supposed to be suitable for"twelve years and over" although I would say it's suitable for anyone who can endure graphic sights and sounds of childbirth, which arrise frequently and may be more difficult for men than children. A charming, funny and sometimes tragic romp.

Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 90
Rio Amazon Graviola Leaf Tea - Pack of 90
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Amber liquour, 25 May 2014
This tea arrived punctually and as described by the seller. It is also known as Sour Sop Leaf Tea; I had been recommended it as a natural cancer remedy; It tastes OK and because I'm forced to be economical I use a tea bag twice. Generally having two cups a day. It's a beautiful golden amber colour.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12