Profile for Toggle > Reviews

Content by Toggle

Toggle

The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Muppet Christmas Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Wouldn't Be Christmas Without This Album, 27 Dec 2013
There is no need for any long winded explanations as to why you should buy this CD other than to say, if you love the movie then you'll absolutely love this album. I've owned this album since its release and Christmas wouldnt be the same without it. and it has shocked me how many retailers are actually playing it in their stores! A FESTIVE MUST HAVE!

Mary Queen Of Scots [DVD] [1971]
Mary Queen Of Scots [DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Trevor Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Team Glenda' Makes This Such A Stunning Film, 21 Nov 2012
This beautiful masterpiece recounts the life and times of Mary Queen of Scots during the feud with her cousin,the remarkable Elizabeth I.

When it comes down to it, you're either a Lizzy or a Mary fan.

I am all for Elizabeth I (needless to say, Glenda Jackson is the greatest Elizabeth I ever, and not even Miss Blanchett has been able to beat Glenda's tremendous portrayal).

Mary Queen Of Scots [DVD] [1971]is filled with intrigue, royal romance and stunning historical detail that is perhaps not all correct as Elizabeth and Mary did not actually meet however this is the greatest part of this classic film.

This is the second time for Academy Award-winning actress Glenda Jackson to adorn the role of Elizabeth I as she was tremendous first time around in the Emmy Award-winning production, Elizabeth R (3 Disc Box Set) [1971] [DVD]. This fantastic six part series possesses an all-star cast, enthralling performances, gripping drama, and all the splendour and ceremony befitting this celebrated Queen. You will not be disappointed, to me, Glenda Jackson is the spirit of Elizabeth I personified.

Mary Queen Of Scots [DVD] [1971] is a must for all Mary, Queen of Scots or Elizabeth I fans.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 11:40 PM GMT

Material Girl: Series 1 [DVD]
Material Girl: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lenora Crichlow
Offered by A*BargainProducts

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Like The House Of Eliott On Alcohol And 110 Years Later, 21 Nov 2012
I will keep this short and simple. This is a brilliant, light hearted look at the fashion industry. It is well cast and the acting is great, there are some wonderful performances. As the story unfolds it will have you shouting at the screen! First class!

The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes [DVD]
The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Sherlock Holmes Ever Made, 21 Nov 2012
For me, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes [DVD] captures the Victorian period beautifully, and yes, Queen Victoria even makes an appearance. Robert Stephenson portrays this Victorian legend effortlessly. This was my first introduction to Sherlock Holmes, and it was this film that started my love for Sherlock Holmes. As feature length films go, this is the greatest, and if you are looking for the greatest production of Sherlock Holmes' individual cases then you must get Sherlock Holmes - Complete Collection [DVD] with Jeremy Brett