Profile for Rich N > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bosch Corner Roll
Bosch Corner Roll

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Bosch Corner Roll (DIY & Tools)
Didn't work as effectively as I'd hoped - leaves a lot of patterning on the painted surface as it's not as smooth as surface as I'd hoped. Could have been a good time-saver but just not as good as it could have been.

Leifheit Pegasus 150 Indoor Clothes Airer
Leifheit Pegasus 150 Indoor Clothes Airer

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this, 20 July 2014
Good space saver in a small flat. The sock pegs are a great little addition. Really efficient for drying indoors. Although it's plastic, it's sturdy and doesn't seem to be straining under the weight when full.

Vacu Vin Wine Saver Vacuum Stoppers, Set of 2 - Grey
Vacu Vin Wine Saver Vacuum Stoppers, Set of 2 - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars keep a good vacuum seal and last, 20 July 2014
They do the job they're meant to, keep a good vacuum seal and last. Had some of these for a couple of years and they don't seem to have developed any problems; as good as they were when I bought them.

Dartington Crystal Essentials Port Glasses, Set of 2
Dartington Crystal Essentials Port Glasses, Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 20 July 2014
You can drink port out of them. What is not to like?! Elegant shape, nice nose from the port, enjoyable to drink from.

PT-04CN PT-04A PT-04C Wireless Flash & Studio Trigger Hot Shoe Transmitter ONLY
PT-04CN PT-04A PT-04C Wireless Flash & Studio Trigger Hot Shoe Transmitter ONLY

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile investment for serious amateurs, 20 July 2014
For the price, you can't beat these triggers. MUCH more reliable than the IR triggers I was previously using, and more flexible as you don't need to worry about line of sight in brighter locations. Very occasionally flashes have failed to fire, but that has seemed to be down to batteries getting low on juice - as long as I'm on top of that they have not let me down (I occasionally forget as the AAA batteries that the receivers take tend to last for 4-5 shoots at a time, even when I forget and leave them on). They are incredibly reliable and I have used them regularly for my home studio - probably thousands of exposures by now.

One thing to note is that the battery that the trigger takes is a 23A 12V MN21 size battery. They can be found in bigger supermarkets etc but they're not as common as AAAs etc. Worth having a spare or two to hand for when it needs to be replaced.

ZING! Silicone Tongs - Red
ZING! Silicone Tongs - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars good for turning sausages etc and won't scratch a non-stick ..., 20 July 2014
Big tongs, good for turning sausages etc and won't scratch a non-stick pan.

ZING! Silicone Whisk - Red
ZING! Silicone Whisk - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, nice feel to it and bright colour, 20 July 2014
Good size, nice feel to it and bright colour. What's not to like? I have a metal whisk already but needed something for when I'm using a non-stick pan.

Canon PIXMA iX6850 Wi-Fi Office Printer - Black
Canon PIXMA iX6850 Wi-Fi Office Printer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch inkjet printer, 20 July 2014
Only had this for less than a week but I've been trying out printing A4/A3 photos and the quality is great. I have a Nikon D700 so image quality is not an issue here.

- Easy to set up, took maybe 10-15 mins including getting it to sync with my wi-fi and then find it from my laptop
- Love the "auto on" function where you can just print and it will wake up and go
- Quality for photos is AWESOME, with great detail, no bleeding and good colours

I've not tried it for text yet, but it's not a printer you buy as an office dogsbody. Expensive but worth it if you want to be able to print A3.

Anker® Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, MOTO X G, and most other Phones (Apple Adapters- 30 pin and Lightning, NOT Included) - Silver
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 20 July 2014
Bought this as I commute regularly and have found my phone low on charge after evenings out. Having one of these in my laptop bag is very useful, charges pretty quickly even when I'm using the phone on 3G at the same time. Charges a Nexus 4, which is pretty decent size battery, not tried multiple charges but I suspect it will not do much more than maybe 25-30% top up second time around given the capacity of this with my phone. Overall a great buy, very simple to use and handy to have on me.

Recommended by a friend and I would definitely recommend as well.

Masterplug SRPTU82PB USB Charging Surge Protected 2m Extension Lead Power Centre with 8 Sockets

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy plug extension., 20 July 2014
This is a great piece of kit for my computer desk - nice to have a good number of sockets, there's surge protection and insurance with it. Good to have the USB charger points too, so far not had issues that others have mentioned - Nexus 4, Motorola Moto G, etc all charged fine from it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4