Profile for Susan Prosser > Reviews

Susan Prosser

Page: 1 | 2
The Five People You Meet In Heaven
The Five People You Meet In Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Very curious story - the intrigue keeps you turning the pages...., 13 April 2015
Loved this book so much - went out and bought the DVD. Jon Voight plays the main character, and I found that out before I read the book, so I was able to picture him as I read. It was absolutely NOT what I expected - and it is themed by and large on the butterfly effect. I would highly recommend it.

The Time Keeper
The Time Keeper

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard Going, but a clever story, 13 April 2015
This review is from: The Time Keeper (Kindle Edition)
Thought this was a bit difficult to follow - until just over three quarters of the way in, the penny dropped. From there I quite enjoyed it. It all depends whether of not you can stick with it long enough!!

The First Phone Call From Heaven
The First Phone Call From Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars What would you do if you got a phone call from someone who had passed on? - this book makes you think!!!, 13 April 2015
Started getting goosebumps almost from the start - and even when I thought there were no more surprises - I was wrong! A great read whether you believe in the 'hereafter' or whether you don't. These calls affect the receiver in many different ways. What would you do?

Secrets of the Singer Girls
Secrets of the Singer Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT book and if this is a taste of things to come, then hurry up with Book two, Kate....., 13 April 2015
Before you start this book, make sure you clear your diary because, once you start, you won't want to put it down!! Not just one heroine - but many - and in the unlikely setting of a London factory during WW2. (Don't worry, she throws in a few heroes too!!) Each of the women has a secret which ties them to their past and needs to be shared, and you are privileged to be a 'fly on the wall' and overhear just what those secrets are. They will shock you - and surprise you, but the true friendship of these women is what really matters. And just for good measure ... ensure you have a box of tissues to hand ... you'll need those too - I did!!

CafePress Ruggedly Handsome Large Mug Large Mug - Standard Multi-color
CafePress Ruggedly Handsome Large Mug Large Mug - Standard Multi-color

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly 'ruggedly handsome' mug .... Highly recommended!!!, 27 Aug. 2014
Couldn't be more delighted!! This was a surprise gift for my son (an avid 'Castle' fan) and he was really chuffed - and won't drink from anything else now!!! It is large, it appears to be hard-wearing, and if it outlasts the TV show I will continue to be happy!!!

My Grandpa is NOT Grumpy!: (Children's EBook) Funny Rhyming Picture Book for Beginner Readers (ages 2-8) ("Learning and Laughing Picture Books- Beginner Readers" 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars My grandson couldn't stay interested long enough to find out!!, 16 May 2014
We tried this on both my grandson and my granddaughter and neither were interested!! There words were : "do we HAVE to read this? Let's have another book instead... Who needs my wods when theirs say it all...... Sorry

Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Bosch T40 TAS4011GB Coffee Maker, Silver
Offered by SKYWISH

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - wish I'd bought one years ago..", 18 April 2014
I am sooo impressed with my machine - I love it... It is so easy to use, and I watch the shops for special offers on the pods (Asda were recently selling 3 packs for £10) and have built up quite a healthy larder full of different drinks. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product (in fact I recommended it to my neighbour, and he immediately went on to Amazon and purchased one for himself!) Don't THINK about buying one of these great machines ..... DO IT !!!!! You won't regret it....

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I manage without one????, 28 Mar. 2014
Having had an original Kindle for a year.. This is is veritable treasure! Although not as sophisticated as an iPad - it does what it says on the tin.... And I love it....

Snatched
Snatched

1.0 out of 5 stars The title is the only good thing about this book!, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Snatched (Kindle Edition)
This is very amateurishly written - more like a schoolboy essay than a published novel! It continuously feels the need to explain backgrounds and scenarios, as though the reader is an idiot! It is FULL of the sort of clichéd comments people EXPECT to hear policeman and villains make - and then there is the PLOT! It starts out as a kidnapping - but soon develops into an onslaught of sleazy descriptions of lesbian relationships and culminating in the most unnecessarily graphic rape scene I have ever read! It is as though the author wrote this book in order to cover a few of his fantasy plots - and got totally carried away.. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - and only gave one star because I had to give it something in order to write a review !!

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
It took me until Chapter 2 before I was COMPLETELY hooked.... and then I didn't want to put it down! The story wove in and out of Ursula's life in such a way that it felt like I was beside her all the time. It was possible to feel her feelings and her pain every step of the way!
I would recommend this book to anyone who can follow complicated timelines and STILL stay absorbed in the underlying story.... Mills & Boon it ain't!!!!

Page: 1 | 2