Profile for Cumbrian Carol > Reviews

The Family Trap
The Family Trap
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tears and laughter - this book has it all!, 8 July 2014
This review is from: The Family Trap (Kindle Edition)
This book was a perfect sequel to Cant live without - we are back on the roller coaster of family life - loved all the characters - although I was lucky enough to get this book as a freebie I would have definitely paid for it and would recommend to my friends.

Dear Thing
Dear Thing
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one to recommend to my friends., 8 July 2014
This review is from: Dear Thing (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and found it hard to put down - afraid the Saturday morning cleaning was abandoned until I had finished it. The characters were believable and the descriptions of the struggles and strains of a couple going through IVF were heartbreaking. Would recommend this book to my friends.

The House of Women
The House of Women
Price: 8.04

2.0 out of 5 stars A struggle to finish..., 8 July 2014
Sorry but this book didn't do it for me - I found the storyline predictable and in parts the sequence of events was very jumbled - although portrayed as historical novel for me it was a far fetched romance. Also I'm not sure if it was the kindle editing but quite often there were scene changes and the story moved to different events on the same page without any page break or paragraph demarcation - this made it difficult to follow. This book was a freebie on kindle store - although I persevered to the end I was left feeling pleased I didn't pay for it!

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy)
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous sequel!, 29 Jun 2014
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Simply loved it - read it in one day - had saved for my holidays.....Now downloaded the final and will save until my next holiday in August to devour?

Can Anybody Help Me?
Can Anybody Help Me?
Price: 2.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Really 3.5 stars, 29 Jun 2014
This was a fast Ming story which kept my interest - couple of bits were a little bit far-fetched (won't say as I hate it when people reveal too much of plot in their reviews) Plus point was I didn't guess who was responsible. Didn't meet my threshold for 4 stars - ie tell all my friends to buy it immediately... However would have liked to award 3.5stars.

Villa Serena
Villa Serena
Price: 0.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely holiday romance, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Villa Serena (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book which I read whilst on holiday in Italy. Dominica gives a good account of the difficulties of being an ex-pat - my daughter moved to Italy 17 years ago and she had similar experiences with acceptance and Italian bureaucracy - however she loves her life there and is unlikely ever to return to UK. Well done Domenica - will recommend to friends - have downloaded your other books and look forward with anticipation!

The Venice Project
The Venice Project
Price: 2.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Humorous account of life in Venice - warts and all, 29 Jun 2014
As my daughter lives just outside Venice and is an ex-pat and we have our own holiday apartment about 25km away thie subject matter of this book was close to my heart. Over the past 17 years we have come to know and love Venice with all it's foibles and consider it to be the most magical place on earth. Philip's book shows his love of the magical city too and gave us interesting glimpses from a very British perspective - well done will recommend to friends.

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Price: 8.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Super sound, 30 April 2014
Bought these for a friends birthday - they arrived promptly and she was delighted with them. We had a play with them and the spying was great for the price paid.

THE ACCIDENT
THE ACCIDENT
Price: 1.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller, 30 April 2014
This review is from: THE ACCIDENT (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book - felt it built up the story purposefully and with just the right amount of additional information in each chapter to hold the reader's interest. Well done - super read at a great price - have recommended to friends.

The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case (Harry Hole 1)
The Bat: The First Harry Hole Case (Harry Hole 1)
Price: 3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars First Jo nNesbro - can't wait to read the rest of the series, 30 April 2014
Spent a while debating whether to read this first book in the series as the reviews were so mixed ....however as I can't bear reading books out if sequence decided to give it a go ... and so pleased I did. As others have commented there was a lot of detail given to the Aboriginal history however I enjoyed this and felt it added to the book rather than detracting from the story. I'm now for to read Redbreast et al.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5