Profile for Jesus Harold Christ > Reviews

Content by Jesus Harold C...

Jesus Harold Christ (Cheltenham, UK)

Blind Faith: Deluxe Edition
Blind Faith: Deluxe Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!, 9 Jun. 2006
An awesome album from the short-lived "supergroup". When you've got Clapton, Baker, and Winwood as band members, where can you go wrong? Many reviews and histories of this album have mentioned words such as "half-baked", "unfinished" and "self-indulgent", but my feeling is that people are probably comparing them to the members' previous bands. This really missing the point; Yes, artists will always be "compared" to other artists, but the idea of this album wasn't to "better" their previous collective outputs.

The "deluxe" edition is the one to go for, in my opinion the bonus tracks really "flesh out" the original album, as well as offering great value-for-money.

Of the original album, I personally consider all of them classics. Standout tracks include "Presence of the lord" and "Had to cry today". One of my favourite tracks on the album is the often-slated "Do what you like", which has a real early Santana feel to it (I've even heard it described as "Avant-garde" - I'm not sure where that comes from...?). Ginger Baker is one of the best rock and jazz drummers in history, and if you're going to sit through a drum solo, it may as well be one of Ginger's.

I wholeheartedly recommend this album (as if you hadn't guessed that already!!)