Profile for angelyjoy > Reviews

Content by angelyjoy

angelyjoy

Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Pushing the Limits (A Pushing the Limits Novel)
Price: 0.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to reality, 25 Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this book and is now kinda sad that i've finished it. The story is so real and accurately represents young people at this age who basically think nothing further but themselves and how to get through tomorrow in one piece. Each of the characters are flawlessly described and all the nitty gritty that shaped their personalities are briefly explained yet punchy enough to make you feel as though you know them inreal life. Noah's and Echo's voices are so different and far apart but yet they are so similar as they have quite the same goal to reclaim a 'normal' life. The thing I love the most is that the author did not shy away from telling the truth of how a teenage boy sounds like; they swear, a lot.
Fantastic read. Highly reccomend it! Hell it's only 99p, get it now!

Foretell (Wanderlove Book 1)
Foretell (Wanderlove Book 1)
Price: 2.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 July 2012
This book is so entertaining and dramatically romantic. The love story is so fresh and not at all written in a common, heard it all sequence. I like strong girls that would take charge and confront her prince charming instead of lounging around waiting to be charmed.

I don't want to spill anything more as it's better to get in to the book fresh from reading the prequel (hello!) Wanderlove and just enjoy being swept away by one dreamy love story.

I was sad when the book came to an end and it doesn't seem like there will a follow up either. But for now, do read the book and contribute your comments in Amazon afterwards so that this book can gain followers to get the author to start seeing sense and write a follow up!!

My Name Is Memory
My Name Is Memory
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 29 July 2012
This review is from: My Name Is Memory (Kindle Edition)
I rarely write a review on good books but this one is an exception I feel must be said.
This book really does make you wonder whether the whole theory of regression and reincarnations is possible. The author is very articulate in describing human feelings and emotions, it's almost a pity that the book is titled the way it is.

The book takes us on a journey which mostly told by the perception of Daniel and most of the times felt like it is the diary of Daniel or as if he wrote his life(s) history for the world to discover. It switch back and forth to Lucy's thoughts too but somehow it always manage to stay a step away from being intimate. Lucy's voice in the book is more about her confusion and journey to explore her thoughts about Daniel, however nearing to the end they meet and the book present one cohesive voice.

By the way, this story better have a follow up as it would be too cruel for the fans of the book, ie; my self, to be left hanging like that!
Read it with an open mind and you will be taken in to a journey of incredible human spirits evolution that not too many people dare to venture in to. Throughly amazing!!!
I wonder who my name was on my recent past life?!

Crossed (Matched)
Crossed (Matched)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow up, 19 May 2012
This review is from: Crossed (Matched) (Kindle Edition)
I've tried avoiding Matched for the longest time because of the reviews of Crossed. It didn't seem sensible to me to start reading the first book when the second book was a so so. I am sooo glad that I since changed my mind and decided to find out for my self. Crossed is trully an excellent follow up to Matched. It grows with the 2 central characters, rich in plots and reveals layers of personalities, past, motivation and dedication that encapsulates Cassia and Ky. Everyone who says that Crossed is not better than Matched seems to forget that the first book only introduce the characters, to get us to be familiar with them. Crossed completely takes the story to a different level, because not only you are privy to both Cassia and Ky's private thoughts you are also taken by the flow of their actions even though it contradicts their inner thoughts.

So many YA dystopian books out there, all with different plots and arrangements, this 2 books so far did not follow the current trend of violence and fast as lightning pace story. Personally I think Matched and Crossed are fresh and very much enjoyable without having to be agressive and make you wrecked with nerves every time you leave a chapter.

Having said that, the ending creeped up to me like a thief in the night. Now I have to wait for half a year to get the 3rd book. AAAAGH!!

I hope the next reviewer will be more kind and would have enjoyed the book as much as I have.
Love Crossed very much, well done Ally Condie, the alternate thoughts really fulfill the readers desire to know and understand Ky deeper. Beautiful story line, buy it now!