Profile for S. J. Jones > Reviews

Content by S. J. Jones

S. J. Jones "suzy" (warks, england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Aphrodite Touch (The Aphrodite and Adonis Series, book 1)
The Aphrodite Touch (The Aphrodite and Adonis Series, book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairytale for lovers, 29 July 2014
So full of romance and spice that I'd be a bit afraid if I was on holiday in Greece. Forget 50 shades of grey, with Aphrodite and Adonis, nobody will escape from the island of love. Really lovely story, it's different, like a fairytale for lovers. I'd recommend this highly.

Mischief at Mulberry Manor
Mischief at Mulberry Manor

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 29 July 2014
The setting of Mulberry Manor puts you in mind of a traditional period drama, but with more romance and ghostly going's on. I sat out in the sunshine reading of the winter festivities and I enjoyed the snow scene best with the young members of the party going out to build snowmen. So romantic, and typical of Rosemary's writing that I love. The first of her books I read was Dangerous Deceit, that's a lovely read, but this one is even better.

A Highland Christmas (Hamish Macbeth Special)
A Highland Christmas (Hamish Macbeth Special)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheerful book., 14 Feb. 2014
Ideal over the frosty wintry months. This book from M.C. Beaton brings us more of Hamish McBeth in Lochbubh, pronounced Lochdoo. When the Christmas tree and lights go missing, Hamish is called in. Then a cat goes missing. Will life get any more exciting for Hamish. Love is on the cards, until his old girlfriend rings up. A great book, and will be reading more in the series.

Emily Goes to Exeter (Travelling Matchmaker 1)
Emily Goes to Exeter (Travelling Matchmaker 1)
by M. C. Beaton

5.0 out of 5 stars First in the matchmaker series., 14 Feb. 2014
Another great series created by M.C. Beaton. After reading most of the Agatha Raisin books, I was wondering how I'd get by without M.C.'s characters. I fear no longer, the matchmaker is a busy body, and a likeable character to make me want to read the whole set of books.

The Adventuress (A House for the Season)
The Adventuress (A House for the Season)

5.0 out of 5 stars House of fun., 14 Feb. 2014
The goings on in the House for the Season are chaotic and fantastic all at the same time. When the beautiful Adventuress and her uncle turn up, all is not what it seems. At first, she seems bossy, but after a while, all the servants come to love her. When she gets in to danger, they don't stand by and let that happen. A great book, will be reading all in the series.

Bad Moon Rising (#1 - D.I. Paolo Storey Crime Series)
Bad Moon Rising (#1 - D.I. Paolo Storey Crime Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping thriller., 14 Feb. 2014
This gripping thriller by Frances Di Plino, will have you turning the pages, wondering what's going to happen next. Nobody is safe in Bradchester. D.I. Paulo Storey is on the case. Moody, mixed up, but brilliant at his job, he unravels the case. With so many leads, yet so few definite pieces of evidence to go on, he faces an impossible task. I don't read a great deal of thrillers, but I shall be reading all three of these books in one go. From reading this, I'd say, move over Martina Cole, Frances Di Plino has arrived...

Paint Me a Picture
Paint Me a Picture
by Patsy Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars Mavis and the Round Tower, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Paint Me a Picture (Paperback)
I began reading this when it was first published, then through a kindle crash, I lost Mavis. Worrying if this was an omen, and Mavis was going to end it all and jump from the tower, I worried until I got my kindle books back again.

As I read the pages, it struck me that this book would not be amis among the self-help titles; with Mavis reading the slogan on her calender every day, she finds more and more reasons for keeping going as she becomes less selfish, and starts thinking of others, and how they feel.

At one point I felt sure her old boyfriend was out to destroy Mavis, so this was a worrying part of the book. You have to read to enjoy the journey of Mavis, and keep the pages turning to see what happens, and how this psychological mystery turns out.

I found this an enjoyable read.

Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley
Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkers of Dembley, 4 Oct. 2013
As a fan of all books in the Agatha Raisin collection, this one is just as gripping as all the rest. Maybe a few too many characters at the beginning to take in all at once, but once the story get going, and Agatha meets Sir Charles Fraith, you know it will turn out well.

Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage
Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage

5.0 out of 5 stars Murderous Marriage, 4 Oct. 2013
This book is funny, exciting, interesting and I would recommend it highly. If you're a fan of Agatha Raisin books, you will not be disappointed with this one.

The Call of Home
The Call of Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic read, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Call of Home (Kindle Edition)
Teresa Ashby is my all time favorite short story writer, and reading this was a complete delight. It should come with a warning to have a box of tissues handy. Like those lovely black and white films, it's drama, romance, windswept sea shores and I would highly recommend this story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3