ARRAY(0xa7742c48)

Denby 17 cm Heritage Orchard Soup and Cereal Bowl, Green
Offered by China Street
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowled over, 26 Jan 2014
Love my new bowls. Exactly the shape, size, weight and shape I wanted for me to enjoy a nice hot bowl of soup or porridge. The usual Denby high quality.

Portuguese in 3 months (Hugo in 3 Months)
Portuguese in 3 months (Hugo in 3 Months)
by Maria Fernanda Allen
Price: 4.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful for conversational Portuguese, 26 Jan 2014
As a British expat living in Portugal for nearly 5yrs and still struggling to learn the language, this is by far the best 'teach yourself' book I have bought so far - and I have many. I have learnt more from this book than I have from the weekly classes I have been taking for years. The famously complicated Portuguese grammar is explained in a way that has finally made it 'click' and I feel more confident in using the language and understanding conversational Portuguese with all it's idioms and colloquialisms, thanks to the dialogues in the book.

I love doing the exercises. They help you to ensure that you have not just read the chapter but also taken it all in and know how to apply what you have learnt. I actually ENJOY learning from this book and I can't say that about any of the others in my collection.

I would give it the full 5 stars but it didn't come with a CD and apparently the CD is no longer available which is a shame and the book still refers to the CD at the beginning. Not too big an issue for me as I hear Portuguese being spoken all around me but might be an issue for others who need to hear and practice their pronounciation.

Although I would highly recommend this book, I very much doubt you could achieve any degree of fluency in any language, much less Portuguese, in 3 months if you're an absolute beginner. However, if you do already have a degree of competency, perhaps to intermediate level, this book will help fill in some gaps, consolidate the basics, clarify the dreaded subjunctive and improve your confidence with the language.

Ravenhead 30 x 16 cm Kilner Stainless Steel Jam Pan
Ravenhead 30 x 16 cm Kilner Stainless Steel Jam Pan
Price: 36.67

4.0 out of 5 stars What Pouring Lip???, 11 Jan 2014
Hilarious! I was about to complain that mine arrived dented - only to discover the 'dent' is apparently the 'integral pouring lip'! How pathetic, I wasn't going to send it back cos it's not that noticeable a 'dent'. Rest of the pot looks good though, and the handle seems to be firmly welded on but I don't think I'll be doing any pouring just in case it does break off - and it's obvious the 'pouring lip' is not fit for purpose anyway.

Festive 30cm die cut holly dark pine and red tinsel tree with 25 red battery operated led lights
Price: 11.36

1.0 out of 5 stars EATS Batteries!, 10 Dec 2013
The batteries is came with died after 2 days so I put in fresh Duracell batteries. 4 days later and the lights are already beginning to fade. Either I've been sold a dud or it eats batteries and will cost me a fortune by the end of the season. Either way, I'm not happy.

Home Sweet Home Large Jar - Yankee Candle
Home Sweet Home Large Jar - Yankee Candle
Offered by Express Essentials
Price: 18.04

2.0 out of 5 stars Scentless Candle, 8 Dec 2013
Think I was sold a dud. I can't smell this candle at all unless I stick my nose right in it. Very disappointed.

Eddingtons Chestnut Roaster with Wooden Handle, Steel
Eddingtons Chestnut Roaster with Wooden Handle, Steel
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hot chestnuts!, 29 Nov 2013
Wanted a chestnut roaster for my open fire and wasn't sure about this because everything I've read said you need something with a lid. Well this lidless pan did the job perfectly. I split the skins, put them in a single layer in the pan, waited for the flames to die down and rested my pan on a wire rack over the hot embers. 25 mins later I was munching on delicious hot chestnuts with a perfect soft sweet 'potatoey' texture. Much nicer and much more fun than doing them in the oven. Highly recommended.

Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 76cm
Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 76cm
Price: 44.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cushion is flimsy, 22 Oct 2013
Dog loves the bed but destroyed the cushion almost immediately. The cushion is flimsy and doesn't even fit the bed that well. I replaced it with this cushion B003ZG6RTO
which is much better quality and a much better fit! So far, it's still in one piece too :)

Ancol Timberwolf Sleepy Paws Oval Cushion, 75 x 55 cm
Ancol Timberwolf Sleepy Paws Oval Cushion, 75 x 55 cm
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 22 Oct 2013
Very well made. The dog loves it. Bought it to replace the flimsy cushion in this bed B002S99SKO which my dog destroyed in a heartbeat. It's actually a better fit and will last longer.

ALPRO Unisex - Adult C 303 Clogs And Mules  Black Schwarz (Schwarz) Size: 39
ALPRO Unisex - Adult C 303 Clogs And Mules Black Schwarz (Schwarz) Size: 39
Offered by Schuh Gress
Price: 66.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't taken them off!, 22 Oct 2013
I wanted some casual clogs to slip on when going out to the garden or putting out the bins and these are perfect. The are comfortable, light, true to size and I love them.

Yankee Candle Large Midnight Jasmine Jar Candle 1129548
Yankee Candle Large Midnight Jasmine Jar Candle 1129548
Offered by Casa Candles
Price: 14.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my purchase, 10 Oct 2013
HUGE candle, smells great and should last a long long time. Packaging was very good too. Delighted with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6