Profile for Mr. Antony Mcminn > Reviews

Content by Mr. Antony Mcminn

Mr. Antony Mcminn "The Emissary" (UK)

Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter With Gyro/ Flash Lights, A 360-degree 3D Helicopters With HD Camera
Offered by Buydealpe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing introduction to quads. Fantastic value for money., 14 April 2015
Absolutely incredible for the price. I had this flying around like a pro in no time and it's my first quad!!!
It's easy to tune and get hovering on the spot. The video and photo quality aren't amazing but still great fun and I
even got a 4GB micro sd card thrown in!!! I really doubt you could spend £35 on any other piece of technology
today that would give you as much fun. Make sure you get the upgraded 600mAh batteries which are quite cheap and give
you longer flight times. Also get a 5 in 1 battery charger and 5 batteries so you can take it out and get 5 good ten minutes flights.
When you use the video function battery life falls, which is the only drawback I can see but it's so much fun and so easy to
fly you just won't care,

Hersheys Chocolate Syrup 680g (Pack of 3)
Hersheys Chocolate Syrup 680g (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, IT'S ABSOLUTELY VILE., 1 Feb. 2015
I bought this because I love Hershey's chocolate bars but trust me, this is crap. Tastes like cheap hot chocolate powder mixed with milk... badly. It still has that powdery texture and a vile synthetic attempt at chocolate flavour. You would have to have the taste buds of a dog to enjoy this.
Bought three bottles and squeezed them down the drain. Wouldn't want to inflict this diarrhoea on anyone else.

Slipstream [DVD]
Slipstream [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Paxton

1.0 out of 5 stars Beyond crap!, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Slipstream [DVD] (DVD)
I am a very forgiving Sci fi fan who has been ridiculed many times for my cheesy film choices!
But this film is absolutely terrible and very painful to watch, as a result I never finished it. I'm sure Steven Lisberger wishes this never happened given his masterpiece Tron. The budget was probably blown on the flight scenes because it has nothing else to offer. Crap story, worse acting, and terrible 80's music make this feel like a pop video gone wrong. I bought this due to other Amazon reviewers urging people to give it a chance. DON'T, you will regret it. if you got it for free you would still feel ripped off, having been pointlessly robbed of your time.
I can honestly say that until I see something worse, this stands as the crappest Sci fi film ever made.

Colossus - The Forbin Project [1970] [DVD]
Colossus - The Forbin Project [1970] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Braeden

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, tense, and even a little chilling.., 7 Sept. 2013
This really is an amazing exploration of artificial intelligence and it's unbelievably forward thinking for a film from 1970.
If you are a fan of War Games buy it now, but be warned it makes that film seem a little tame by comparison.
The Colossus computer itself is genuinely frightening given it's very dim view of humanity. As a Blade Runner fan I have always dreamt, as many have of the day we will finally give birth to AI. But after watching this film, I really wonder if we ever should and I'm sure that is what the author intended. Top drawer Sci fi with nail biting tension.
Fantastic, and would really suit a remake.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Aliens: Colonial Marines: Limited Edition (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Another kick in the balls for PC Gamers DO NOT BUY THIS GAME, 13 Feb. 2013
This pathetic excuse for a game may claim to have more Aliens than 'Aliens' but in fact it has more bugs than Starship Troopers.
The interface thinks my PC is an XBox and asks me to push buttons on my XBox Controller (which I don't have) in order to progress through the set up. Rendering this totally unplayable. Do not accept it, do not buy it.
Shame on you Gearbox. I gave you a second chance after the Duke Nukem Fiasco and what do I get? Another kick in the balls.
How the mighty have fallen. This joke of a game will put you out of business. When you compare it to The amazing Far Cry 3 and Crysis 2, games which actually work out of the box on a PC - it is totally unacceptable. I am not your beta tester, I am not your bug fixer and I will never buy a Gearbox game again. Thank god Amazon are willing to give me a refund.

Spectrum classics - PC - UK
Spectrum classics - PC - UK
Offered by Satsumo

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't work in Windows 7. AVOID., 11 Feb. 2013
Crap, doesn't work on any modern PC. Don't waste your money. Free Emulators off the web will do a better job.

ION iCade Core Bluetooth Arcade Game Controller for iPad
ION iCade Core Bluetooth Arcade Game Controller for iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!, 11 Feb. 2013
Rugged, solid build quality. Lots of games available. Use in portrait or landscape. Solve the misery of trying to play games with the terrible touch interface. ION products never disappoint and this doesn't either. Bravo!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 1:26 PM BST

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Luke Pasqualino

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear. Available to buy in the U.S. but not in the U.K. Easily available to download illegally., 11 Feb. 2013
When will you people learn? Battlestar fans want this but you have totally failed to make it available to buy. Now people will download it illegally damaging sales and further undermining the possibility of a new series.
You are killing television.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2013 4:54 PM GMT

Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2004-2009] [Region Free] [1978]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

5.0 out of 5 stars Less than £40 for the best sci-fi series ever made. What are you waiting for???, 8 Feb. 2013
The greatest Sci fi series in history, it has NO peers. Anyone giving this less than 5 stars has brain damage.
It doesn't include 'The Plan' and that's a good thing, because it's crap. The series finale wraps things up nicely without it. This is actually a strong contender for the best Sci-fi ever made, including movies. It' s THAT good.
But be warned, after you have seen this. ALL other Sci-fi series will only disappoint you. Ronald D Moore and David Eick set the bar so high nobody will ever be able to reach it.

Out Of The Blue [Legacy Edition]
Out Of The Blue [Legacy Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beautiful albums ever created., 23 July 2007
My Dad bought this back in '77. It was the first time in my life I got excited about music and wanted so much to become a musician myself. (Later in life I did!) At that time I used to listen to it on an old ALBA stereo system. So conscious was I about the stereo effects (sounds which moved from left to right and back in realtime) that I used to push the speakers together and lay on the floor with my head between them! I was 7 years old. Immersed in the music in this way I was able to fully appreciate the astounding, beautiful, and epic sound of this album. Fantastic songs, great guitar performances, sweeping choirs, and creative use of the Moog synthesiser which was only rivalled at the time by Jean Michel Jarre himself. The real beauty though was the whole thing being gift wrapped in a 44 piece orchestral arrangement which in my opinion has never yet been rivalled. Jeff squeezed them all into a recording studio so small that all of the musicians had to bring their own chairs, but my god, what a recording! Jeff Lynne is one of the most truly prolific and underrated musical geniuses of our time, and I would rate him up there with the Beatles any day.
I recently bought the re-released CD version, and like others expected to be nostalgic but embarrassed by the music I used to adore so much. What I found was that I love the LP more now than ever and it has not dated one bit. I owe my actual musical identity to this piece which imprinted itself upon me. After this my fascination with synthesisers and string arrangements would be eternal.
'Out of the Blue' will make you laugh, cry and swell your chest with it's string driven majesty. When I heard 'Wild West Hero' again I actually cried. It now has permanent residence on my MP3 player and I challenge you to try and delete it from yours.